Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:43 AM

Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué (21085 Views)

Victor Ndigwe, 1st Nigerian Male Model To Walk The Runways Of Milan & Paris / Shakira Debuts Baby Bump With Piqué / Shakira & Gerard Piqué Expecting First Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by Kagawa: 11:50am On Jan 23, 2013
Shakira has become a mother for the first time after giving birth to her baby son, Milan.

The singer has announced the happy news on her official website, revealing that he is already to follow in the footsteps of his father, footballer Gerard Pique, stating: 'Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.'

She added in the message: 'We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Piqué Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Piqué, born January 22nd at 9:36pm, in Barcelona, Spain.

[b]<The question i have is this, who is the man in this relationship?Pique or Shakira? Why would Shaikra's surname come last place? [/b]As we all know, the surname of a father comes last while that of the mother is placed in the middle, esp when celebrities are involved. Some female celebrities have been observed to make this same folly out of their man cc@Pit-jolly Brand Pit And Angelina Jolie>

justSaying, bkos it don't matter how much the woman be making.. were it to be me, the kid must have my surname as last name not middle name.. WTF
This doesn't show humility....It says that IRRESPECTIVE OF THE LOVE AND BOND BETWEEN SHAKIRA AND PIQUE(as we think), SHAKIRA STILL SEES HERSELF AS TOWER, SUPERIOR OVER PIQUE A B-LIST FOOTBALLER.......

Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by Kunbee: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
its latino culture undecided

1 Like

Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by tpia5: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
I think traditionally, latinos add both parents names as their surname. In addition, shakira is lebanese, so maybe its also their culture.
Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by sholay2011(m): 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
OP, I must confess, you no get work. So, upon all the wahala wey dey for naija, na shakira's son's name arrangement be your own palaver? Abeg get a life!

1 Like

Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by babazinho: 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
sholay2011: OP, I must confess, you no get work. So, upon all the wahala wey dey for naija, na shakira's son's name arrangement be your own palaver? Abeg get a life!
e tire me ooo
Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by jay4lyf(f): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
They are not married(in other words, the child is shakira's, pique is just the sperm that brought him to the world)
Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by Abbey2sam(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
You go fear intruder nah....

Wetin com concern you for the matter?
Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by MzteejaY(f): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2015
In spanish naming culture the fathers name takes the middle position then the mothers name comes last. However the middle name (Father's name) is still referred to as the surname. For example Milan Pique Mebarak would be referred to as Mr. Pique and not Mr. Mebarak. Secondly Shakira's full name is Shakira Mebarak Ripol but referred to as Ms. Mebarak. That's the way it is over there.

1 Like

Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by zikcash(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2019
tpia5:
I think traditionally, latinos add both parents names as their surname. In addition, shakira is lebanese, so maybe its also their culture.

shes colombian ASAP
Re: Why's Shakira's Son Named Milan Piqué Mebarak Instead Of Milan Mebarak Piqué by midnighter(f): 12:33am On Dec 14, 2019
zikcash:

shes colombian ASAP

She is Lebanese. "Shakira" and "Mebarak" are both Arabic names.

Her grandparents emigrated from Lebanon to US and then her father emigrated from US to Colombia

She went back to Lebanon last year to visit her fathers hometown and her umunna named a square after her

(1) (Reply)

Meghan And Harry Are Expecting A Second Child / Nigerian Actor Nonso Diobi Shot With A Gun On His Chest ★see Pics★ / Fechi: Okey Bakassi Celebrates His Daughter On Her 15th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.