Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin (17353 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Rocktation(f): 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Designer Covers $500,000 Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Own Skin

The Forget Me Knot gold ring created by Icelandic fashion designer Sruli Recht is not your usual piece of luxury jewelry. The artist had a strip of his own skin surgically removed and mounted on a 24-karat-gold band.

The eccentric designer shocked everyone when he decided to undergo surgery and have a strip of skin removed from his abdomen, to use on his very unique Forget Me Knot ring. After the operation, the 110 by 10 millimeters piece of skin, with the hair still intact, was salted and tanned before being mounted on the gold piece of jewelry. You can own this little part of Sruli Recht for the “small” price of €350,000.

Along with the flesh-encrusted ring, the buyer also receives a DNA certificate as proof that the skin actually belongs to Sruli Recht, as well as a DVD documentary of the making-of process, the bizarre surgery and interviews with the involved team. If you have a strong stomach and are really curious about Recht’s skin removal procedure, you can watch it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa8SsW-4DjI

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/designer-covers-500000-gold-ring-with-a-piece-of-his-own-skin.html

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Osyxcel(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Crazy....I'll rather av d 24 karat gold ring d way it is dan this...

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Mynd44: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
I will rather were a cheap plastic replica

2 Likes

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Rocktation(f): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
It is disgusting actually. Besides, there's no reason at all to want to wear his meat...as a few fanatics of rockstars or other people would. He's just..some designer. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Osyxcel(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Crazy world, who knows, he might get some pretty good buyers....nd it'll b worth d flesh....

2 Likes

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
iNeed that ring! iHeard if you wear it, you won't grow older than him. #ForeverYoung grin

2 Likes

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by dickhardener: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
ABSURDITY JUST TOOK A NEW TWIST

2 Likes

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
This is just too extreme,haba for wetin na,naso luv shack me reach? At the end,divorce can still occur.
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Joe50(m): 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
this is crazy!
I can see nothing to invent again.
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Just trying to be special & creative in a crazy way. To me, that ring is not fancible.
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by onila(f): 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
ewww

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by crackhaus: 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
ARRANT NONSENSE!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Pstsmith(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
white men are the smartest and the most stupid

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Coldfeet(f): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
undecided shocked maka gini do I have to own someone else's flesh?
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by klear(f): 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jeez! I nearly lost my late lunch abi na early diner angry I'll rather buy & wear a plastic ring

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by onila(f): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Please why did I watch this video
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Ignatio(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Soon they'll start using human skin to make shoes.
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by skuch101: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
I have one though grin
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Tambrasax: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Osyxcel: Crazy....I'll rather av d 24 karat gold ring d way it is dan this...

Really crazy.
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
*pukes*

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by kalufelix(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by sweetcheecks(f): 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Fruittyswaqboii: iNeed that ring! iHeard if you wear it, you won't grow older than him. #ForeverYoung grin

Only the ones who died young stay forever young. undecided
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
undecidedBecause why? undecided

This oyibo ppl can be crazy sometimes sha!! Anoda person flesh on my finger? Na wa oº°˚! shocked
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by spicyp(f): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nonsense and ingredient
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by aadetoyin(f): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
I trust my naija peep, nobody would desire such a ring down here else ur neighbour go just call u ritualist. grin grin grin

I cant watch the video, that will be so GROSS

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mtchew**
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by miky(m): 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Cool idea, i like people who think outside the box, if this succeeds expect it to be the new trend... there is nothing that appeals more to rich folks than having the best of the best, not only a 500k ring you have the so called designers flesh on it damn!! they would go gaga over this grin grin
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by Navalsadiq(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
White folks are just sick.

1 Like

Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by yertyr(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
Gud... I just wish I cud use d op's skin to cover this topic on frontpage.
Re: Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin by freecocoa(f): 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
crackhaus: ARRANT NONSENSE!!! cry
You beat me to it.cheesy

Very ugly ring.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? / So Sad! Nairalander, AlexReports, Buries Father In Pains (photos) / Wish 5 Romancelander A Happy New Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.