Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? (17407 Views)

Female Mourner Twerks On Top Of A Casket During Funeral Procession (video) / Lawrence Mukiibi, Ugandan Billionaire 30 Children At His Funeral (Photos) / Zimbabwean Prostitutes Twerk At Funeral Service Of Their Colleague (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ikorodureporta: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
These days, the expenses one has to incur so as to have a befitting burial for our loved ones is becoming worrisome- it could be compared to when one is planning to marry an igbo girl undecided

For those of us staying away from our villages, wheneva the villagers hear that somebody's funeral would hold, its a thing of joy!
...& to u out there, if you know u dnt have money for funeral, take care of yr sick parents. Ailments as simple as malaria lead some people to their early grave, due to lack of care & poverty...

From what i observed recently from a close friend, the list they got from the Village head, village-family leader, church, etc, without other plans to be done sef, person fit just bury their person for Lagos instead. Some people at this point may have to sell out their village landed property to settle the bill....

So, after the funeral service at the village, the family were invited to d burial site, while guests were asked to wait at the field for refreshment.... So the caterers started serving the guests, & afta a few minutes, the villagers came & hijacked the item7- they fell the serving-stand & rice, grabbed the bags of wrapped fufu, poured the soup, & were jst grabbing anytin grabable -spoons, plates, etc. At this point, the caterers had to struggle to rescue some items. Thats how it ended. When we got to the family house, they were even preparing some other items for the guests. Na so poverty don spoil our people.....

Even in grief you still have to spend so much as compared to a wedding party...
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Funeral is expensive... juz the coffin alone, a good one is at least $2000 ...nobody can use it except the dead one...and worst thing, u have to bury this coffin forever undecided

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by emeraldknytt(m): 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
oku iya agba is more expensive plus you get donation from pledges.. Next iya agba to lipsrsealed please cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by AlienStar: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
The one that pains me most is when a youth dies, guests will expect the family of the deceased to cook like it's a thing of joy. Death ain't sth to be celebrated!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
depends on the person who. dies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ojun50(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
KashyBaby posft=44348000:
Funeral is expensive... juz the coffin alone, a good one is at least $2000 ...nobody can use it except the dead one...and worst thing, u have to bury this coffin forever undecided

jst like that $2000 go jst they underground

3 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Fmartin(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Funeral expensive pass.

Coffin, grave, mortuary bill, family uniform, jollof rice grin drinks for two days. Note: burial duration is two days nd above. While wedding is one.

6 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by djraymy(m): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
wetin carry your mind go this area?

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by scobaba: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Its in your hands.

I buried my mum with 2m in total expense. My wedding took 5m.

My colleague spent 10m in his wedding but buried his dad with 17m.

So its in your hands.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by tyson99(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
omo na burial ooo check well food dey surplus for burial pass wedding and besides burial na three days in yorubaland here,on fri you go cook and kill the cow for d next day,saturday main burial and Sunday th next day inlaws go bring goat and drinks and dem go kill and cook again,oh boy burial dey sweet jare grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ibkgab001: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Why the comparison ?
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by jerryunit48: 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
AlienStar:
The one that pains me most is when a youth dies, guests will expect the family of the deceased to cook like it's a thing of joy. Death ain't sth to be celebrated!
I beg to make a correction , we celebrate death too unless you are talking of youth death, a man who dies at 90 or so should be celebrated don't you think so ?

4 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Lexusgs430: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Neither. It's dependent on how big,small, cheap or expensive you want it to be!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ChappyChase: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Give it to Funeral back to back!!!!
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Integrityfarms(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
The foolishness of southern Nigeria has made burial lose it's sobriety on the altars of flamboyance and show off! This is not good!

Marriage worths any amount put into it but burial is a sham and utter waste of money to take care of the living and better the downtrodden!

I duff my hat for Islam!

28 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Btruth: 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
It depends. For Ijebu land, it's mostly funerals.

My observation nii oooo. wink
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by banme1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
Why must u spend money on funerals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Lexusgs430: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fmartin:
Funeral expensive pass.

Coffin, grave, mortuary bill, family uniform, jollof rice grin drinks for two days. Note: burial duration is two days nd above. While wedding is one.

I would save you all the above cost, cremation!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by lifezone247(m): 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
banme1:
Why must u spend money on funerals.
The only thing that makes me like Islam, apart from that nothing else. Die now, bury you letter case closed.
viickerz:
depends on the person who. dies
Jesus sef, die jst last week den bury am wit out party. So who is that person?

4 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
undecided Marrying an Igbo girl? angry
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Babangida70(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
for Igboland, na Funeral.
The security men wey dem go hire alone na money talk more of the coffin

2 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by aleeyujibia(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
In Islam both are less expensive.... Thou in Islam when your love one dies you are only to buy white yard for him, both on wedding you are to pay dowry and it depend thou it has minimum and maximum.

6 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by nairalandbuzz(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
Funeral is more expensive o
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by ogawisdom(m): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Funeral cheesy
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Krismart(m): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fmartin:
Funeral expensive pass.

That's why we should be our brother's keeper, do our best not to allow our loved ones to die. if not 4 anything at least for d costly funeral
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by volcanoash(f): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by Fmartin(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I would save you all the above cost, cremation!!!!
then i will also save u d cost of wedding, 'elopement'

4 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by odinese(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
[size=15pt]Nigerians dey celebrate funeral like the way bubu and oga jona dey celebrate Independence....

Just put on ur black and lay the person finish!.. ..
But them go dey thing think of how many cows mama chibuzor go buy join.
[/size]]
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
In as much as funerals are expensive, dnt joke with weddings, at list you don't get to rent a hall, pay bride price(wich sumtimes contains plenty zeros), pay for drinks, transport, pay a dj, pay an Mc, pay tithes in church(comes in differnt names tho) the list goes on.....

Tho comparing a wedding and a funeral sounds Wierd to me sha
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by MadCow1: 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Funerals
Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by olamide452(f): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
scobaba:
Its in your hands.

I buried my mum with 2m in total expense. My wedding took 5m.

My colleague spent 10m in his wedding but buried his dad with 17m.

So its in your hands.
17m for funeral shocked

3 Likes

Re: Funeral Vs Wedding: Which Is More Expensive?? by lielbree: 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
I'm kalabari from rivers state.
My husband spent 10.50000 one million fifty thousand naira to dress his mother's corps alone!!!
In my place the corpse changes 3 times before it is finally buried.
We spent over 25m for the entire burial.
Meanwhile I hired a wedding dress 4years prior to my mother in laws death to save cost angry

It still annoys me knowing that a corps had that much more glamour than me on my wedding day sad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Sad! Nairalander, AlexReports, Buries Father In Pains (photos) / Wish 5 Romancelander A Happy New Month. / Sarki Dariya, Josh2funny, Sam& Song Excite Abuja Residents As Depression Pills H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.