Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway (17553 Views)

2face Idibia Spends Quality Time With His Kids Dancing & Riding On A Hoverboard / Google Billionaire Seen Riding The Subway / Nuella Njubigbo Denies Riding On Men To Fame (New Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by honeric01(m): 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
He’s a self-made tech mogul worth billions, but that didn’t stop Google co-founder Sergey Brin from riding the New York City subway this weekend. Brin, 39, who ranks No. 20 on Forbes’ annual list of most powerful people, may have blended in on the downtown-bound No. 3 train in his jeans and pullover were it not for his futuristic, high-tech glasses.

A tech buff said he spotted Brin, who now heads up special projects for Google, riding the subway wearing a prototype of the much-buzzed about glasses from Google's Project Glass, which are promised to overlay digital information on the physical world.

"Yeeeah… I just had a brief conversation with the most powerful man in the world. On the downtown 3 train," Noah Zerkin, a self-proclaimed "wearable computing and augmented reality enthusiast," tweeted with a photo of Brin in the glasses. “Nice guy.

Brin was wearing - or presumably testing - the glasses, which are billed as searching the Internet and showing you anything you need, right in front of your eyes, from maps of where you are to the weather forecast if you look up. You can connect the glasses to a phone via Bluetooth and use the phone's 3G or 4G connection. There's also a camera on the front that can take photos of whatever you are seeing; you can share the photos instantly.

Noah Zerkin, a self-proclaimed "wearable computing and augmented reality enthusiast," said he was the first to spot Brin.
RELATED: Google's Project Glass is Ready, but for Developers' Eyes Only
Brin last publicly showed off the glasses in June at Google's I/O conference. He presided at the Moscone Center in San Francisco as sky divers, who were also wearing the glasses, jumped out of a plane above and streamed live video from their glasses right to a screen on stage at the conference.

At the end of the month Google will hold an event for software developers. The developers' version of the glasses, which cost $1,500, are expected to be available to software makers later this year.

SOURCE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Coldfaya(m): 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Dats d white mentality 4 u;simplicity. Don't expect such from a Nigerian of such timber, wood, plastic, metal n calibre. Well its a choice sha so no biggie.

8 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by victorian(f): 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
That's one aspect of white man's mentality , I love... Simplicity.. That's what keeps me going in life.

2 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2013
yea so tru....d day a professsor treked frm his home to lasu it was pulished in the news papeer as a surprising thing.
lmao...africans wn't kill person abeg wid our primitive mentality

1 Like

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
Dem go kidnap am 4 9ja if e try am.

12 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Abyjah: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mr Brin sure knows how to pull a simple but effective publicity stunt. He's def'nly doing good at marketing the Google Smart Goggle.

9 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by vinderbilt: 12:01am On Jan 25, 2013
Bill Gates also flew commercial all the time when he was a billionaire before Microsoft bought private jets! true Story smiley

4 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 25, 2013
vinderbilt: Bill Gates also[b] flew commercial all the time when he was a billionaire[/b] before Microsoft bought private jets! true Story smiley

You don't mean it? That is almost sacrilege for Nigerian elites. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 25, 2013
I saw Dangote inside a danfo the other day.

9 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by outrage: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Where the train to ride seff for naija?
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by DANILSA(m): 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
J12: I saw Dangote inside a danfo the other day.
Me i see am for train wey de go kano from lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by outrage: 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Who no want make them talk say him convoy long pass GEJ own?
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by bigfat01: 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
[size=25pt]if he was in nIGERIA he would have been kidnapped[/size] ... grin

1 Like

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
bigfat01: [size=25pt]if he was in nIGERIA he would have been kidnapped[/size] ... grin
I tell you,hahahahaha.
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by outrage: 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
Omo, so the guy in that pic is swiming in moni! Chai!!
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by fittty(m): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ok
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by firstolalekan(m): 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
i know him for dat.
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by uzeba(m): 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Barrack obama dey call me for advice!!
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nightshift(m): 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
So it's time for Mr Adenuga(Glo CEO)to take a danfo ride from CMS to Ojuelegba. Seems like frying a frog....

2 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by ismhab(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
Me i saw jonalooter ridding bicycle from Abuja to lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by ismhab(m): 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
J12: I saw Dangote inside a danfo the other day.
is not Dangote u saw, may be u saw Dangata, because they look alike.

3 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by maninmood(m): 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
Before you start glorifying that white mogul, have a deep comprehension of the piece posted by the OP- he is undoubtedly undergoing a research experiment, and probably that wass the best environment( dependent variable) for him to perform such experiment in order to get a better result of his 'invention'.

5 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
WHitey mentality for you
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Okay
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by FYsol: 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
I once worked with Jimoh Ibrahim. You cannot stand on the staircase while he is passing being a staff. You must disappear back to where you are coming from he is like a demi god. Can someone like that ever share a cab with another person not to talk of public transit.

1 Like

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by talktimi(m): 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
In other words, Dangote & Adenuga should tamo molue... GEJ is at fault for this rubbish
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by GAR3TH(m): 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
So whats the big deal? There are plenty of millionaires, CEOs, cooperate tycoons, etc that ride the NYC subway everyday.

BIGMANISM does not exist in America, its only in Nigeria you will find BIGMANISM.

2 Likes

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by seedord247(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
Cold faya: Dats d white mentality 4 u;simplicity. Don't expect such from a Nigerian of such timber, wood, plastic, metal n calibre. Well its a choice sha so no biggie.

You dey talk as of you are holy....No black man can do that. We blacks like yo bragg alot especially if we got little change.

1 Like

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by venorite(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
maninmood: Before you start glorifying that white mogul, have a deep comprehension of the piece posted by the OP- he is undoubtedly undergoing a research experiment, and probably that wass the best environment( dependent variable) for him to perform such experiment in order to get a better result of his 'invention'.
Oga even if danglote was experimenting anything and a public transport was the best place to get his results, he will not do it...instead him go send person to go do am for am...it's just their mentality, you can't change it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by venorite(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
maninmood: Before you start glorifying that white mogul, have a deep comprehension of the piece posted by the OP- he is undoubtedly undergoing a research experiment, and probably that wass the best environment( dependent variable) for him to perform such experiment in order to get a better result of his 'invention'.
Oga even if dangote was experimenting anything and a public transport was the best place to get his results, he will not do it...instead him go send person to go do am for am...it's just their mentality, you can't change it
Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by SisiKill1: 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
A tech buff said he spotted Brin, who now heads up special projects for Google, riding the subway wearing a prototype of the much-buzzed about glasses from Google's Project Glass, which are promised to overlay digital information on the physical world.

He just happened to be wearing the prototype of the much buzzed about glasses from Google's Project Glass when he was "caught" taking the subway, eh?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Billionaire Seen Riding On New York City Subway by seedord247(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
GAR3TH: So whats the big deal? There are plenty of millionaires, CEOs, cooperate tycoons, etc that ride the NYC subway everyday.

BIGMANISM does not exist in America, its only in Nigeria you will find BIGMANISM.

Shut up.... Who tell you say big man craze nor dey america.

you dey go out at all? embarassed

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nationwide Protest: Seyi Law Vow To Continue The Protest / Biodun Okeowo Shares Throwback Photos / Blessing Oche, Ex Miss Benue 2008 Celebrates Birthday With Cute Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.