Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159998 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2017
stinville:
�advise needed. Thanks

Engine knocking is not a big issue but in Nigeria, it is. He has to observe the engine first and he would probably have to rebuild it which is an expensive process
He will have to
1. Buy piston and rings
2. Valves
3. Gasket
4. Reglaze the engine block to size
5. Change the camshaft

To achieve a good job all this parts have to be original and the job must be done with utmost care. If it was done well, the job will be like a new engine.

If you can't guarantee all this baba go and buy new engine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Defcon1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hi. Please help
l own a 2000 model Camry, automatic transmission.
My mechanic says my gearbox oil level is low (though, no gearbox problem detected), but l need to do a total oil change instead of a top up; because l
don't know the brand of the gearbox oil in situ.
That if l top up with a different oil brand the auto selection might malfunction. How true is that?
I'm told that gearbox oil is expensive, so l can only afford a top up for now.
Please help
Thanks.
cc:
Gazzuzz
Ikenna351
nurey.
Others
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
Defcon1:

Hi. Please help
My mechanic says my gearbox oil level is low (though, no gearbox problem detected), but l need to do a total oil change instead of a top up; because l
That if l top up with a different oil brand the auto selection might malfunction. How true is that?
Please help
Thanks.
cc:
Gazzuzz
Ikenna351
nurey.
Others

inexpensive drive to oando ask for dextronIII
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Defcon1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

inexpensive drive to oando ask for dextronIII
Thanks a lot.
Do you have an idea of the oil volume and cost necessary for a total oil change given my car specs?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
Defcon1:

Hi. Please help
Please help
Thanks.
cc:
Gazzuzz
Ikenna351
nurey.
Others

Baba GAZZUZZ has answered you but we share identical gear box, I changed my own with texamatic 75xx forgotten that I bought from MRS fuelling station 1k for 1L you will need 4L. Last time I asked they didn't have, they had their own brand which they said is same as the texamatic and they priced it at 1200. If you can get to a very old MRS station that was owned by Texaco before and you can lay your hands on the texamatic which has a good rating and file sheet online about its specifications then you are good to go for 3years or 70,000km
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Defcon1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:

Baba GAZZUZZ has answered you but we share identical gear box, I changed my own with texamatic 75xx forgotten that I bought from MRS fuelling station 1k for 1L you will need 4L. Last time I asked they didn't have, they had their own brand which they said is same as the texamatic and they priced it at 1200. If you can get to a very old MRS station that was owned by Texaco before and you can lay your hands on the texamatic which has a good rating and file sheet online about its specifications then you are good to go for 3years or 70,000km
Thanks a lot
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by stinville(m): 9:23am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Engine knocking is not a big issue but in Nigeria, it is. He has to observe the engine first and he would probably have to rebuild it which is an expensive process
He will have to
1. Buy piston and rings
2. Valves
3. Gasket
4. Reglaze the engine block to size
5. Change the camshaft

To achieve a good job all this parts have to be original and the job must be done with utmost care. If it was done well, the job will be like a new engine.

If you can't guarantee all this baba go and buy new engine.
Thanks alot
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by amedualiyu(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2017
Hi Guys, I use Toyota Camry- pencil light. I stay in ikorodu and work in Lekki. I spend 1hr 20 minutes in the morning going with little traffic and 2hrs 30 minutes in the evening with much traffic. I don't use AC. I use 12 liters daily. The car is 4 plugs.Is my car consuming fuel?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
amedualiyu:
Hi Guys, I use Toyota Camry- pencil light. I stay in ikorodu and work in Lekki. I spend 1hr 20 minutes in the morning going with little traffic and 2hrs 30 minutes in the evening with much traffic. I don't use AC. I use 12 liters daily. The car is 4 plugs.Is my car consuming fuel?

i dont think what your car does is consuming much the total journey is around 80km to and fro though your highway is 9L/100km and city is 12L/100km, with that hectic traffic, 10 to 12L is just about good enough. You cant expect anything better due to engine age, traffic congestion wasnt factored into the calculation, driving conditions also have a role to play then the kind of road too.

But you can improve it by fixing pending issues with your car, is any warning light ON, on the dash board?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by amedualiyu(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
Check engine has been on for years. Weekly miles ( monday to friday )is between 305 to 308 as I always reset to zero once I fill up my tank. I use between 57 to 60 litres frm monday to friday.Kindly help convert to km and draw a conclusion. Thank you
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
amedualiyu:
Check engine has been on for years. Weekly miles ( monday to friday )is between 305 to 308 as I always reset to zero once I fill up my tank. I use between 57 to 60 litres frm monday to friday.Kindly help convert to km and draw a conclusion. Thank you

Baba your fuel consumption is a no no, my 3.0L V6 will not even attempt such with 4hours in traffic chai you are doing

60litres divided by 308km x 100 = 19L/ 100km poor poor poor.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by amedualiyu(m): 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
308 is not in Km but in miles. Convert this to Km.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
amedualiyu:
308 is not in Km but in miles. Convert this to Km.

oh ok thats miles x 1.6

thats 495km= 60/495x100
you are using around 12L/100km
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by amedualiyu(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
Meaning the consumption is fine?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
amedualiyu:
Meaning the consumption is fine?

depends on how you look @ it, i think your fuel consumption can do better. But with the terrible traffic situation on that road, i did say its ok but fix pending car issues besides your calculation wasnt right as you only guessed the litre used not extremely sure.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
house, can dis serve in a 2zr-fe engine... (09 corolla)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 08, 2017
GOOD MORNING HOUSE. PLEASE I NEEX ADVICE FROM MY OGAs IN THE HOUSE.
I want to buy a 2003 Toyota Corolla LE ;1.7 specifically.
My budget is 1.6 M for it
And my Budget for maintainence is 12k per month! Am a student so am only going going to be driving from my hostel to class in the mrng then back to my hostel in the evening.
My question is
1. can a get i Toks with that amount 1.6M?
2. Can 12k per month also keep the car on the road considering the nature of how i intend to use my car.

Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by feminancy(m): 7:28am On Sep 08, 2017
Anyone who want to sale Toyota Highlander 2005/2006/2007 model should pls call pls reply back here. Is urgent
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Promxy94(m): 7:55am On Sep 13, 2017
How long do gearbox oil last before they are due for change?
This is the history of my car at the moment
2001 toyota camry le, changed gearbox oil last in 2015(my elder brother did) so I don't know the name of the oil used. Car hasn't been used regularly, maybe twice in a week for home chores,but for the past 10months or more car has been packed not problem though just that no body has been using it...
So now am back again to the house and want to start using it, I used a friends battery to start it and it answered immediately. So I want to know is it adviceable I change the gearbox oil as I want to change the engile oil and filter before moving the car, should I change the gearbox oil too because money no to they and am trying to save cost, I also plan at looking at the brakepad which I know its ok for now, how much is a good breakpad that I can manage for atleast some months before I carry out some body works on the car because I plan doing that ones money comes but now I want to be managing the car.
Thanks for ur responses

Note car is Toyota Camry 2001 4 cylinder engine
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2017
Promxy94:
How long do gearbox oil last before they are due for change?
This is the history of my car at the moment
2001 toyota camry le, changed gearbox oil last in 2015(my elder brother did) so I don't know the name of the oil used. Car hasn't been used regularly, maybe twice in a week for home chores,but for the past 10months or more car has been packed not problem though just that no body has been using it...
So now am back again to the house and want to start using it, I used a friends battery to start it and it answered immediately. So I want to know is it adviceable I change the gearbox oil as I want to change the engile oil and filter before moving the car, should I change the gearbox oil too because money no to they and am trying to save cost, I also plan at looking at the brakepad which I know its ok for now, how much is a good breakpad that I can manage for atleast some months before I carry out some body works on the car because I plan doing that ones money comes but now I want to be managing the car.
Thanks for ur responses

No car name, no car model, no year of manufacture, no engine type.

Very vague post bro, modify it.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Promxy94(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2017
kingreign:

No car name, no car model, no year of manufacture, no engine type.

Very vague post bro, modify it.
I mentioned car name as Toyota Camry 2001...
Engine type is 4cylinder
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2017
Promxy94:

I mentioned car name as Toyota Camry 2001...
Engine type is 4cylinder

No vex. Usually, automatic transmission fluids have a service lifetime of 30,000-60,000miles but when you do hard harsh driving always, you replace in say 15,000miles. You have to use genuine Toyota automatic transmission fluid type t-iv for the ATF change.

Hope that answers your query? smiley
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by megatran(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2017
kingreign:

No vex. Usually, automatic transmission fluids have a service lifetime of 30,000-60,000miles but when you do hard harsh driving always, you replace in say 15,000miles. You have to use genuine Toyota automatic transmission fluid type t-iv for the ATF change.

hello king reign, Pls can I get a quote/prices on these items. They are parts for a 2005 Toyota solara.

1. Power steering pump.
my mechanic noticed a leak and said the pump can't be repaired but replaced.
He also mentioned that the Camry 2.4 uses same power steering pump.

2. fog lamps for the said vehicle.

I would also want to know if its fine to use the common abro atf in a white container as power steering fluid for the said vehicle.

thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Promxy94(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2017
kingreign:

Yes sir but sorry am a kinda novice wen it comes to automobiles,since the car isn't always in use and I mentioned that the atf was changed last in early 2015, the car just runs around in the community for daily errands if need be, but not daily and always,but currently has been packed for close to 10months. I just started it yesterday after battery replacement And it started well gear shift is normal... So will there be need to replace the atf, with this little explanation of mine,since I don't know how to calculate all those km things.
Thanks sir
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28am On Sep 13, 2017
Promxy94:

Yes sir but sorry am a kinda novice wen it comes to automobiles,since the car isn't always in use and I mentioned that the atf was changed last in early 2015, the car just runs around in the community for daily errands if need be, but not daily and always,but currently has been packed for close to 10months. I just started it yesterday after battery replacement And it started well gear shift is normal... So will there be need to replace the atf, with this little explanation of mine,since I don't know how to calculate all those km things.
Thanks sir

Check colour of transmission oil from dipstick. If brown or black, replace transmission oil.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Promxy94(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Check colour of transmission oil from dipstick. If brown or black, replace transmission oil.
Thanks sir
What's the best transmission oil and what's the price
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by megatran(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2017
megatran:

Pls can I get a quote/prices on these items. They are parts for a 2005 Toyota solara.

1. Power steering pump.

I would also want to know if its fine to use the common abro atf in a white container as power steering fluid for the said vehicle.

thanks

Could you help me with these GAZZUZ?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Promxy94:

Thanks sir
What's the best transmission oil and what's the price

I will respond when you check
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Promxy94(m): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I will respond when you check
Have check the colour is brown but darker
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:49am On Sep 13, 2017
Promxy94:

Have check the colour is brown but darker

Your vehicle requires DextronIII go to any MOBIL, or OANDO petrol station and buy 4liters.

Goodluck.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:53am On Sep 13, 2017
megatran:

hello king reign, Pls can I get a quote/prices on these items. They are parts for a 2005 Toyota solara.

1. Power steering pump.

thanks

Location and type of engine?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Deprofessional(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
I will rely on this thread some day

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.