Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159827 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
noeloge82:
@nurey
Pls do u have idea on maximum weeks it will take a shipped car from Us to get to Nigeria

30days give or take
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by noeloge82(m): 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
nurey:

30days give or take
Thanks alot bro
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tq0074u: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
nurey:

What engine oil was used to service the car during its life time?

Also what engine oil was used for the last service and what's the mileage?

Used forte oil visco 2000 for the first 4months then later switched to total quartz 5000 uptill now the milage is about 212000km
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tq0074u: 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
SmartToyota:
Which engine oil do you use & when last was your car serviced?

Total quartz 5000. Two months back
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
tq0074u:

Total quartz 5000. Two months back

Your car has started consuming oil.
Maybe you return to the old oil brand if the oil shortage just started when you changed oil brand.
How many miles interval do you service the vehicle?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
tq0074u:

Used forte oil visco 2000 for the first 4months then later switched to total quartz 5000 uptill now the milage is about 212000km

You shot yourself in the foot. Toyota recommends 5w20 or 0w20 for your car engine but all those oil you are using a palm oil and coconut oil.

Your engine internal components have been destroyed continue using that engine like that and save up for a new one. Don't let them rebuild it cause they may not use OEM parts. Just be preparing for a new engine.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by jossytech(m): 6:16am On Dec 23, 2017
My 98 Camry abs lights stay on, can it be repair or replace and whats likely cost please

Thank you
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 6:34am On Dec 23, 2017
jossytech:
My 98 Camry abs lights stay on, can it be repair or replace and whats likely cost please

Thank you

Scanning and diagnosis will answer your questions.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by jossytech(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2017
Thanks awe, let other ppls make comment no scanner but scammers
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by NobleEngineer(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hello buddies, I noticed my Corrolla 2000 model was consuming fuel. Although the check engine light has been on for sometime even while the car was consuming fuel normally but I have been ignoring it. So i took it for diagnosis due to the sudden change n P0350 Knock sensor code was seen.
the guy said i will need to replace the Knock sensor, he also said the knock sensor is responsible for the increased fuel mileage and also the reason for the check engine light.

pls house, is he right? before I allow him tamper with my car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
NobleEngineer:
Hello buddies, I noticed my Corrolla 2000 model was consuming fuel. Although the check engine light has been on for sometime even while the car was consuming fuel normally but I have been ignoring it. So i took it for diagnosis due to the sudden change n P0350 Knock sensor code was seen.
the guy said i will need to replace the Knock sensor, he also said the knock sensor is responsible for the increased fuel mileage and also the reason for the check engine light.

pls house, is he right? before I allow him tamper with my car.

p0350 is not a knock sensor code.

P0325 is a knock sensor code

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by NobleEngineer(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

yeah i meant P0325, pls any deposition to help my solution?

p0350 is not a knock sensor code.

P0325 is a knock sensor code
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2018
Where can I get original toyota oil for my 2007 avalon
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
Bizzyliss:
Where can I get original toyota oil for my 2007 avalon
your Avalon requires Toyota genuine ATF type WS, you can get it online or from auto parts stores nationwide.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 4:49am On Jan 04, 2018
kingreign:
your Avalon requires Toyota genuine ATF type WS, you can get it online or from auto parts stores nationwide.
How can I detect the original ones and also original engine oil

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 4:51am On Jan 04, 2018
I have almost new good year 215/55/17 tyres for sale, they tyres are four in number
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by chidifrank(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
hello toyota users. which is d best transmission and brake fluids to apply for my toyota corolla 2002 bank type car. thanks and also engine oil to use. thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dbelovd(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hello nairalander.
Pls I need some information on Toyota Yaris 2004..
I want to know if it has similar quality of been rugged as corolla..
Thx
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by SmartToyota(m): 12:35am On Feb 01, 2018
Depends on the kind of ruggedity you mean.
The similarities of both cars is that they use same engines like 1ZZ, 1NR, 1NZ, etc almost the same interior design but different body design. They are both fuel conservative but yaris parts are little costlier than that of corolla.
dbelovd:
Hello nairalander.

Pls I need some information on Toyota Yaris 2004..

I want to know if it has similar quality of been rugged as corolla..

Thx
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nnadiug1: 8:48am On Feb 01, 2018
Please I need help with my 2006 corolla sport. It's just over two years old. Cranking the engine takes longer than normal, say around 20 seconds, after which the car starts . I have taken it to various mechos, even took it to ladipo where one rewire guy said the "cold start" is bad , that was changed and car still continued taking too long to crank ...please help I love this ride so much
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by IFEBARBIE: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2018
nnadiug1:
Please I need help with my 2006 corolla sport. It's just over two years old. Cranking the engine takes longer than normal, say around 20 seconds, after which the car starts . I have taken it to various mechos, even took it to ladipo where one rewire guy said the "cold start" is bad , that was changed and car still continued taking too long to crank ...please help I love this ride so much

Try servicing and cleaning the throttle body. Also locate the fuel strainer in the tank and clean it also.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by theon(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hello am a uber driver looking out for a car owner for partnership
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by IFEBARBIE: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
Please, can someone explain this. My odometer was reading 85800 on my Camry 2001, after some weeks it changed to what you are about to in the picture. What does it mean?

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 7:13am On Apr 30, 2018
IFEBARBIE:
Please, can someone explain this. My odometer was reading 85800 on my Camry 2001, after some weeks it changed to what you are about to in the picture. What does it mean?

I'm guessing the part of the screen that should display the first digit is faulty, hence you can't see the figure there.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nemadfsyahooc: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Gud day guys. Pls can I use the engine of Camry 03 for Camry 08-10.can it work. Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by IFEBARBIE: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
timifakay:

I'm guessing the part of the screen that should display the first digit is faulty, hence you can't see the figure there.
not at all, I bought it in 2011 with 66876miles on the odometer. That part of the screen is perfect . thanks all the same
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
IFEBARBIE:
not at all, I bought it in 2011 with 66876miles on the odometer. That part of the screen is perfect . thanks all the same
Okay
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 3:24pm On May 05, 2018
Price of japanese 2az fe engine
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Ken4agent(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2018
Pls what the best gear oil to use on camery v6 2001?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mbhs139(m): 6:53am On May 06, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please I need help here. I drive a Toyota Sienna 2007. It developed over heating problem to the extent that water mixed with the oil, you know, it gulp more than three bags of pure water sachets the day it happened.

Now, I've been given several options: grind the cylinder head; to change the cylinder head; change the radiator and water pump, and so on...

Please, what exactly should I do?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 6:55am On May 06, 2018
Ken4agent:
Pls what the best gear oil to use on camery v6 2001?
remove ur atf dipstick, clean the oil, look closely and u will see the recommended atf for ur car
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 6:56am On May 06, 2018
mbhs139:
Hello everyone,
Please I need help here. I drive a Toyota Sienna 2007. It developed over heating problem to the extent that water mixed with the oil, you know, it gulp more than three bags of pure water sachets the day it happened.

Now, I've been given several options: grind the cylinder head; to change the cylinder head; change the radiator and water pump, and so on...

Please, what exactly should I do?
boss gazzuzz pls come to his rescue

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.