Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Sick And Tired Of Naija Mentality - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sick And Tired Of Naija Mentality (922 Views)

Pls I Need A Job........tired Of Sleeping At Home / ... / I'm Tired Of Being Unemployed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sick And Tired Of Naija Mentality by sfinxone(m): 8:10am On Mar 04, 2008
I'm sick and tired of Nigerian employers. No organization wants to spend money on training at all (as if most of the employers themselves entered the organization ready made). Even for entry level positions you see requirements like: "should posses professional Certificates" or "Professional Certs. are added advantage".

I studied Computer Science and these Professional Certs. don't come cheap. After my Papa, Uncle, Aunt, Brother (or good samaritan grin) have spent most of the Salary they earned sending me through school, they want me to go and ask for money to gain extra certs. (or were I go get the money since I no get Job).? Haba!.

They should be more considerate. Conduct the interview, if I pass the interview and I get the job then I can earn my own money and pay for my certification (plus the job experience fit help me pass sef grin). Shikenan!
Re: Sick And Tired Of Naija Mentality by mishooo(m): 8:29am On Mar 04, 2008
Bros, i feel you but there's a solution to all these:

Start small.

you can start with a place that you'l get experience even if they pay you peanut (as small as 20K) and through that, you'll be able to pay for certifications exams.
Thats what i did man and it needs a lot of patience but be sure you'll break out soon. Someone that sees your good work will refer you even outside the country. If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
Re: Sick And Tired Of Naija Mentality by sfinxone(m): 8:38am On Mar 04, 2008
smiley I dey try get small job ma self, e no gree come. E b like sey dem no too dey advertise again (well, except Banks), u go just dey hear sey dem dey conduct interview or dem don carry sef.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Mind Nafdac? / Shell Stip / Shell Selection Test For July 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.