Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Amanpour Vs. Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanpour Vs. Jonathan (1082 Views)

Amanpour Vs. Jonathan | Nigerians Expose Jonathan's Incompetence / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Christine Amanpour Vs GEJ. Jonathan lied about Electricity improvement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by DrummaBoy(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
The interview begins in a minute. Let's hear what the president has to say.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by DrummaBoy(m): 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
I beg make demi commot this Hillary Clinton interview for their house committee na
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by DrummaBoy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
this 10 min after nine. i thought they said it ws to be nine
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by DrummaBoy(m): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
We are still waiting for the interview to start or is it shifted to 11pm
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by DrummaBoy(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
I hear the interview is still on and might be aired @ 11pm
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
Na Bruce Lee Versus Spike Lee

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Words just coming in says President Jonathan developed Hamstring injury while training for the crucial interview.

The interview will now be done when he recovers.It will be conducted in Nigeria by NTA's Christiana Amakpor.

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Caracta(f): 11:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
The interview is on... cheesy
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Caracta(f): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
Is he scared? Why is he looking down?
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by wesley8: 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
Why is he out in the cold? Are these people trying to disgrace Nigeria or what? Less than 10 mins interview, before I type finish interview done end mtcheew.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
GEJ aint in Nigeria. See as cold take catch my man. Well sha his answer were Good and direct no blufff just that he was a bit scared, I guess he was trying not to make mistakes in answersm
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
A clueless daft of a president. How did we end up with this one?
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by gogo2003: 11:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
GEJ was kind of fidgeting, some how scared but made his points, boko is not as result of poverty nor bad governance, if it is so then the east should be up full blown rebellion, the north have blown most Nigeria's money
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
The retardeen claimed the US official who claimed the Nigerian military kills the innocents as regards evil boko seems to be insinuating. Basically, the official lied. grin
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
The retardeen also dodged the corruption question again. angry na wa ooo.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by lacasa: 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Summary of the brief Q&a:

Q) On extra-judicial killings, high-handedness driving more ppeople to Boko-haram... - U.S State dept

GEJ: it's not true

Q) On Corruption, lack of Power and basic amenities still unavailable to most nigerians? - Amanpour

GEJ; the chain has to be repaired before the bulb can light

Q) On Oil theft, excessive state funds stolen, even your Finance Minister admitted to Billions stolen,Crude-oi l shipped out illegally in your government? - amanpour

GEJ: the international community has to help us stop this stolen crude taken abroad, countries must work with us to stop this trend

My personal evaluation:

To be frank, having a 'Dr' tied to your name does not ensure one to be an exposed Intellectual anymore.

#God help his people sha, cos na one chance we don enter so.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Babamide(m): 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Caracta: Is he scared? Why is he looking down?
Characteristics of a liar. Inability to look us in the eye
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by badassnigga(m): 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
undecidedhe lacked confidence ...well he never had it
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Chai! First, cold been de catch am!
Den Amanpour was too intimidating...he made good points, he just wasn't confident...
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by murtalaa(m): 12:07am On Jan 24, 2013
tchidi: Chai! First, cold been de catch am!
Den Amanpour was too intimidating...he made good points, he just wasn't confident...

what are the good points? u must be dafter than him, if that is possible. claimed electricity is one area his government is making an impact. have we seen the impact? international community should help him catch oil thieves. so u will let your house wide open and when thief steals from you, you beg me to catch him for you, right? also couldnt depend his govt on corruption......and tell him to look at the dam.n camera next time.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Why did he even bother accepting an interview with this woman?

I don't see what he gains from it.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 24, 2013
murtalaa:

what are the good points? u must be dafter than him, if that is possible. claimed electricity is one area his government is making an impact. have we seen the impact? international community should help him catch oil thieves. so u will let your house wide open and when thief steals from you, you beg me to catch him for you, right? also couldnt depend his govt on corruption......and tell him to look at the dam.n camera next time.

So u had to insult me to say ur own points abi? Well done.... undecided As for electricity, my area now has very very stable light....and I mean 23/24 hours...
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Why did he even bother accepting an interview with this woman?

That's part of being daft. He's too eager to show and highlight his weaknesses again and again. He lacked confidence, murmured instead of speaking clearly and gave illogical and in some cases plain silly responses. He spoke as a president who did not know the happenings not just within his domain but entire global village.

GEJ, a man without shoe, is a quintessential example of how clueless a president can be.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by pazienza(m): 12:29am On Jan 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Why did he even bother accepting an interview with this woman?

Exactly my thoughts,who does she even think she is, nonsense!
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 12:30am On Jan 24, 2013
The woman is even Anti-Nigeria in her assertions.

She cuts off discussion when the President grips her falsehood and misconceptions.

Can you imagine closing her show by saying that Lagos was recently voted the most unliveable city in the world.

That sums up her bias against Nigeria.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 24, 2013
Ngwakwe: The woman is even Anti-Nigeria in her assertions.

She cuts off discussion when the President grips her falsehood and misconceptions.

Can you imagine closing her show by saying that Lagos is recently voted the most unliveable city in the world.

That sums up her bias against Nigeria.

This her statement vex u no be small.... He was ill prepared for d interview, kept bumbling. In as much as I think he didn't do well,both in the interview and as a president so far, saying d intl should stop buying stolen crude oil was cool.... I don't care who quotes this n insults me... cool
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 24, 2013
tchidi:

This her statement vex u no be small.... He was ill prepared for d interview, kept bumbling. In as much as I think he didn't do well,both in the interview and as a president so far, saying d intl should stop buying stolen crude oil was cool.... I don't care who quotes this n insults me... cool

Lol. Your case is even worse than Retardeen. Why is Norway, Saudi Arabia, etc not shouting to high heavens about stolen crude? When your inefficiencies and corrupt ways are exposed, you blame the journalist for being bias.

There is no fair description of what's bad. Your president is daft.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 24, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Lol. Your case is even worse than Retardeen. Why is Norway, Saudi Arabia, etc not shouting to high heavens about stolen crude? When your inefficiencies and corrupt ways are exposed, you blame the journalist for being bias.

There is no fair description of what's bad. Your president is daft.

I've always been an ardent follower of ur posts cos I know u make reasonable points..but resorting to name calling cos u don't share someone elses view is low....
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 12:46am On Jan 24, 2013
The Interview was inadequate and incomprehensible in all ramification.
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 12:55am On Jan 24, 2013
If you missed the programme and have extra Megabytes to waste, the show can be assessed through the link below

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/nigeria-battles-to-stop-spread-of-al-qaeda-chaos-in-africa/
Re: Amanpour Vs. Jonathan by Pygru: 12:57am On Jan 24, 2013
Nigeria battles to stop spread of al Qaeda chaos in Africa
Posted: January 23, 2013 1733 GMT
By Samuel Burke, CNN
In her testimony to Congress on Wednesday, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cited jihadist group Boko Haram as part of the broader Islamic militant threat in Africa.
Clinton said that the West-African group, whose name means “Western education is sinful” is a major threat to Nigeria – Africa’s largest oil exporter.
In an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Wednesday, Nigerian PresidentGoodluck Jonathan agreed that Boko Haram could pose an existential threat to his country.
“If Boko Haram is not contained, it would be a threat not only to Nigeria, but to West Africa, Central Africa and of course to North Africa,” he said. “Elements of Boko Haram linkup with some of al Qaeda in northern Mali and other North African countries.”
Emotional Clinton angrily denies Benghazi cover-up
For that reason, he said his government is “totally committed” to working with friendly nations to help contain problems in Mali. Like many other world leaders, Jonathan said the problem there has been exacerbated by the free flow of weapons out of Libya since the fall of dictator Moammar Gadhafi.
President Jonathan admitted that initially Boko Haram caught Nigeria off guard; now, he said, the country has been making progress to contain “the Boko Haram saga.”
He said his government is working day and night to make sure that the deadly attacks on an Algerian oil field do not happen in Nigeria.
The Economist reports that the death toll fromBoko Haram attacks in 2012 was 1,099 – double was it was the previous year.
“If you look at the last six months, incidents of killing started dropping,” President Jonathan contended, insisting that the government is gaining control.
He denied suggestions from the U.S. State Department that the Nigerian government has conducted a large quantity of arrests andkillings that have been indiscriminate, possibly driving more people into the hands of Boko Haram.
“The United States of America is completely wrong,” he told Amanpour. “No security agency arrests anybody just for the love of arrest. We have intelligence that enables us toarrest the people who have been arrested.”
President Jonathan also insists that poverty and unemployment are not fueling the violentrise of Boko Haram – citing religion as the primary motivation of this jihadist group.
As part of a counter terrorism effort, President Jonathan’s national security adviserhas sought to engage in dialogue with Boko Haram.
Jonathan told Amanpour that the discourse has helped the situation, and that he will continue to pursue this strategy.
The Power of the Presidency
Christiane Amanpour was the first journalist to interview Goodluck Jonathan when he assumed the presidency in April 2010. One focus of that conversation was about the endemic electric outages that average Nigerians face.
Three years later, despite continued problemsand a report by Nigeria’s Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission that says 60% of Nigerians are without access to power, Jonathan said that the country has made significant strides.
“That is one area where Nigerians are quite pleased with the government – that our commitment to improve power is working,” he said. “I promise you before the end of thisyear, power outages will be reasonably stablein Nigeria.”
Endemic Corruption
“You cannot change the mindset of people bywaving your hand. You must take means to make sure that you don’t create an environment where everyone will be corrupt and we are doing it very well,” Jonathan said.
He cited the previous elections as signs of success against corruption. International observers, The African Union, and the Independent National Electoral Commission allpraised the polling.
But there is still widespread corruption in theoil industry.
Last April, Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said that 400,000 barrels of oila day were looted from the country in just one month.
The International Energy Agency said that $7 billion dollars a year is lost annually to oil theft.
“Frankly speaking, speaking I want the international community to support Nigeria because this stolen crude is being bought by refineries abroad and they know the crude oil was stolen,” Jonathan told Amanpour. “The world must condemn what is wrong.”
http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/nigeria-battles-to-stop-spread-of-al-qaeda-chaos-in-africa/

(1) (Reply)

BIAFRA: The Untold Story Of Nigeria's Civil War / Beverly Naya, Damilola Adegbite, Waje. Vote For The Best Boóbs And Cléavage / Soldier, Six Terrorists Killed In Jtf-boko Haram Shootout In Kano - Saharareport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.