Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , (698 Views)

Nigerian Twitter Reacts To President Buhari's Interview With Amanpour -SEE TWEET / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / How Will You Rate Jonathan's Interview With Amanpour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by hollandis(f): 12:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Here is the full video

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/nigeria-battles-to-stop-spread-of-al-qaeda-chaos-in-africa/

If you see any wrong in his replies bring it to the table and lets thrash it out
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by Ijebulogic(m): 1:00am On Jan 24, 2013
Assessment of being articulate is relative to one's level of education , background and standards. It therefore will not be progressive to debate that here.
However i fault our dear commander in chief on two points:
1. Power has NOT improved in the eyes of the average Nigerian as claimed. Over the last quarter i have spent more on diesel and petrol that any other household expense and the PHCN office in my area has almost become a meeting place for residents every evening as we queue up to complain.

2. Major change in Power supply by the end of the year? How? where is the Gas, how long does it take to procure, import and install transmission lines and activate the DISCOs and metering systems? Very untrue sir.
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by hollandis(f): 1:06am On Jan 24, 2013
Ijebulogic: Assessment of being articulate is relative to one's level of education , background and standards. It therefore will not be progressive to debate that here.
1. Power has NOT improved in the eyes of the [b]average Nigerian [/b]as claimed. Over the last quarter i have spent more on diesel and petrol that any other household expense and the PHCN office in my area has almost become a meeting place for residents every evening as we queue up to complain.

2. Major change in Power supply by the end of the year? How? where is the Gas, how long does it take to procure, import and install transmission lines and activate the DISCOs and metering systems? Very untrue sir.

Please stop using terms like average nigerians or any other unknown statistical methods to describe the situation .My friends in Nigeria admitted that power has drastically improved compared to previous years.

To your second question .did you not hear when your president said the power issue has lingered and its a festering econmic problem for many years?Do you expect a change in 3 years to cure a rot of more than 20 years?

NEXT QUESTION
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by dantti2006(m): 1:13am On Jan 24, 2013
Truth is power has improved, it hasn't improved everywhere but it has improved. The biggest challege facin power is distribution and not generation becos even the little been generated now isn't been distributed properly. And as for the slow pace of development, beaucratic procedures can be blamed 4dat. The senate alone take fat salaries and take almost a whole year 2pass on bill, documents 2be process get stuck @certain points in most parastalas
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by Pygru: 1:24am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by vislabraye(m): 2:07am On Jan 24, 2013
Power is very erratic. I can hardly see the improvement. As I'm typing,we've not had light throughout yesterday. And they've not rectified it or told us what the problem is.
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 24, 2013
We've had numerous threads here in which the overwhelming majority of forumers have reported improved power supply in their area, so there can be absolutely no argument or even debate about that. Mr President was absolutely spot on with his response.

And he did a good job in the interview overall. He did not take any nonsense from Amanpour.
Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by koruji(m): 2:27am On Jan 24, 2013
Look at how opportunities are being wasted.
A man who, going by his many promises, should be rolling achievements off his tongue has a tough time defending even one "achievement".
For those who are here on NL attempting to cover for this man's open lack of the capacity to do the job he smuggled himself into, shame on you.
You might derive some useless satisfaction from your shameless acts, but I saw the president of Rwanda's interview a couple of months back.
Although the guy had to defend himself in some ways he spoke convincingly about his achievements.
Go and play the video of GEJ's interview side by side with that of the Rwandan President, and see for yourself.
I am truly sorry for the young of Nigeria, who's future is being ruined by one incompetent president after the other.
It should not take more than a year to bring true change to Nigeria.
Yes, physical infrastructure may take a while, but the outlook of the nation can be changed within 3 months, and the latter is necessary for the former to ever occur.

Ijebulogic: Assessment of being articulate is relative to one's level of education , background and standards. It therefore will not be progressive to debate that here.
1. Power has NOT improved in the eyes of the average Nigerian as claimed. Over the last quarter i have spent more on diesel and petrol that any other household expense and the PHCN office in my area has almost become a meeting place for residents every evening as we queue up to complain.

Re: Jonathan Was Articulate ,did Not Lie And Actually On Point Today With Amanpour , by kuluTemper: 2:49am On Jan 24, 2013
There is no video on that link! undecided

hollandis: Here is the full video

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/nigeria-battles-to-stop-spread-of-al-qaeda-chaos-in-africa/

If you see any wrong in his replies bring it to the table and lets thrash it out

(1) (Reply)

Navy Vs Police / Reps Propose N25 Million Fine And 15-year Jail Term For Yahoo Boys / A Date With Destiny - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.