Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb (74364 Views)

2015 Waec Civic And Literature Question Ans Answers Release / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume / Government/crs Online Tutorial for jamb and Pume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
Complete the following sentence
He speaks as if
a. he were the Director Generalin this office
b. he are the Director General in this office
c. he is the Director general in this office
d. he is the Director General in the office
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
What is antonyms of word Cheerful
a.sanguine
b. luster
c. grin
d. saturnine
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
When I saw him, I
a. could not help but laugh
b. could not help laughing
c. could not help but laughing
d. could not but laughing
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Alhasan1(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
A, D, B.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Alhasan1(m): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Fynestboi: Complete the following sentence
I wished I
a. have a car
b. had a car
c. have had a car
d. had had a car

b
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:46am On Feb 05, 2013
HERITAGE OF LIBERATION by MAZIZI KUNENE

Since it was you who in all these thin seasons
Gave to our minds the visions of life,
Take these weapons for our children's children.
They were ours.
They broke the enemies' encirclements.
So let our children live with our voices
With all the plentifulness of our nightmares.
Let them bury us in the mountain
To remind them of our wanderings.
The sunset steals our youth
We must depart.
We must follow the trail of the killer bird
Or else sleep the sleep of terror
To generations hereafter
May they inherit our dream of the festival
We who watched the eagle roam over our heads
We who smelt the acrid smell of death
Who saw the vultures leaves our comrade's flesh
We bequeath to you the rays of the morning....
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
USE OF ENGLISH GENERAL OBJECTIVES
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Use of English is to prepare the candidates for the Board's examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives,which are to:

(1)communicate effectively in both written and spoken English;
(2)have a sound linguistic basis for learning at the tertiary level.The syllabus consists of two sections
SECTION A: Comprehension/Summary
SECTION B: Lexis, Structure and Oral Forms

TOPICS/CONTENTS/NOTES
1. Comprehension/Summary
(a) description
(b) narration
(c) exposition
(d) argumentation/persuasion
(i) Each of the four passages to be set (one will be a close test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 400 words long.
(ii) Questions on the passages, The Potter's Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike and The Successors by Jerry Agada will test the following:
(a) Comprehension of the whole or part of each passages.
(b) Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
(c) Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc.)
(d) Synthesis of ideas from the passages.

NOTE: By synthesis of ideas is meant the art of combining distinct or separate pieces of information to form a complex whole, that is;" the ability to make generalizations from specific ideas mentioned in the passages, such generalizations involve identifying the mood or tone of the writer, his attitude to the subject matter, his point of view, etc. In this regard, synthesis is a higher-level skill than summary.

OBJECTIVES; Candidates should be able to:
i. identify main points in passages;
ii. determine implied meaning;
iii. identify the grammatical functions of words, phrases and clauses and figurative / idiomatic expression;
iv. deduce or infer the writer's opinion, mood, attitude to the subject matter, etc.

TOPICS/CONTENTS/NOTES
2.0 Lexis, Structural and Oral Forms
2.1 Lexis and Structure
(a) synonyms
(b) antonyms
(c) homonyms
(d) clause and sentence patterns
(e) word classes and their functions
(f) mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags
(g) punctuation and spelling
(h) ordinary usage (words in their
denotative or dictionary sense), figurative usage (expressions used in ways other than literal) and idiomatic usage (expressions whose meanings cannot be determined hrough a mere combination of individual words) are to be tested.

NOTE: Idioms to be tested will be those expressed in standard British English (i.e those with universal acceptability)

OBJECTIVES
Candidates should be able to:
i. use words and expressions in their ordinary, figurative and idiomatic contexts;
ii. determine similar and opposite meanings:
iii. differentiate between correct and incorrect punctuation and spelling;
iv. identify various grammatical pattern in use;
v. interpret information conveyed in sentences.

TOPICS/CONTENTS/NOTES
2.2 Oral Forms
(a)Vowels (monophthongs and diphthongs
(b)Consonants (including clusters)
(c)Rhymes (homophones)
(d)Stress (word, sentence and emphatic)
(e)Intonation

To be continue.......
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Trendytessy(f): 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Answers: b and d
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Trendytessy(f): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
answerz:
1.d
2.b
3.d
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
The Potter's Wheel (1973) is the first novel I've read by the Nigerian Chukwuemeka Ike. He has written quite a few (I gather that Toads forSupper is his best known work) and I'll get back around to him sometime. It's a short novel that takesus in to a village Nigeria where one of the basic elements of the local idiom is sayings, much like a Bible-based community where people communicate through chapter and verse citations. Here the young boys have riddle and proverbcontests to see who knows the most. They are at times convoluted and cryptic ("Therat who follows a lizard into the river should come out with skin as dry as the lizard's"wink, but after a whilethe cumulative weight of them is fun in itself.
The story is a simple one of an eight-year-old boy, Ubo, who, as the only son with six older sisters, has been badly spoiled by his adoring mother. His father,a kindly man but fearing for the boy's future, sends him off for a year to be a servant of Teacher and Madam, proprietors of the local school (a mere sixty miles away), where he and an assortment of other youngsters (some of whom are the children of Teacher's debtors) are beaten, abused, and work in semi-slavery. The moral of the story is ambiguous, however. While Teacher and Madam are clearly greedy, violent people with no scruples about lying and being dangerously cruel to the children, after a year of this Obu returns for Christmas and has indeed been transformed into a dutiful, hardworking young person. Despite his initial joy at his salvation from what he had experienced as an almost unbearable hell, after some talk with his father he even chooses to voluntarily return in January.
I can't quite work out in my own conscience the balance here between the idea that a child needs to learn to endure hardship and adaptto difficult circumstances, which is surely true, and my aversion to corporal punishment of children (I am a parent myself), especially the gratuitously cruel treatment that these children receive. There is some culture clash here between author and reader. Ike is telling us about a much harder, crueler (that is, poorer) world than my own so that is part of it.
Meanwhile as in so much African literature there is constant interplay betweenthe (in this case Igbo) vernacular and the Englishlanguage (and a glossary of terms at the end). Another ubiquitous element is the discussion of food which I found fascinating. Various roots and starchy fruits are pounded into mash that is shaped into balls and dipped into herb broths; that is the basic food. There is occasional meat that is much coveted, fried termites that are considered a treat, and great attention is paid to the cola nut that plays an important role in etiquette between hosts and visitors. I'm going to look into growing cola here in Puerto Rico where I have a number of fruit trees on my land. I also enjoyed the critical, sarcastic banter that is kept up between Igbo villagers who have known each other all their lives. There is an optimism and an innocence to much of theAfrican writing of this period that belies the stereotype of the African novel as a politicized horrorshow (even as Ike does include some pointed satire of the British colonial authorities and their native lackeys).
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Potter's Wheel
Chukwuemeka Ike
Satirist and chronicler of the many-faceted world of education in Nigeria, the author is one of Nigeria's foremost writers. In this novel , he tells of Obuechina, the only bro the r of six older sisters, prize pupil in the village school, apple of his doting mo the r's eye, eight years old and hopelessly spoilt. In a vain attempt to salvage his character, his fa the r decides he must be sent away as a servant to a schoolmaster with a dragon of a wife. Obu goes - and
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Tobexin(m): 7:04am On Feb 06, 2013
Good job.....to get d fool details on the potters whEel pls join d thread nw
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:09am On Feb 09, 2013
ROMEO AND JULIET
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:12am On Feb 09, 2013
Clubs, bills and Partisans, strike! Beat them down! Down with the capulets! Down with the montagues!
a. Who is speaking?
b. To whom is he speaking?
c. Why did the speaker utter *Beat them down*
d. Who re those to be beaten down?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2013
A. Marry, bachelor, Her mother is the lady of the house, and a good lady, and a wise and virtuous. I nursed her daughter that you talked withal. I tell you, he that can lay hold of her, shall have the chinks.
B. Is she a Capulet?
O dear account! My life is my foe's debt.
C. Away, be gone! The sport is at the best.

Questn.
A. Who are speaker A,B,C
b. Were are they
c. ...... Her mother is the lady of the house. Which house?
D. Who is d daughter referred to by the nurse?
E. What is the meaning of MY LIFE IS MY FOE'S DEBT?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:32am On Feb 09, 2013
A. I am too sore empierced with his shaft to soar with his light feathers; and so bound, i cannot bound a pitch above dull woe. Under love's heavy burden do i sink.

B. And sink in it should u burden love- too great oppresion for a tender thing..

A. Is love a tender thing? It is too rough, Too rude, too boisterous and it pricks like thorn.

B. If love be rough with u, be rough wit love: prick love for pricking, and u beat love down. Give me a case to put my visage in: a visor for a visor! Wat care I what curious eye doth quote deformities? Here are the beetle brows shall blush for me.

A. Who are speakers A and B?
B. Were are they?
C. "Under love's heavy burden do i sink" contains a literary device known as?
D. Identy some words used as pun by speakeq A
e. Who was d speaker A, thinkng about?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2013
O serpent heart, hd with a flowering face! Did ever dragon keep so fair a cave? Beautiful tyrant, fiend angelical, Dove feathered raven, wolvish-ravening lamb, Despised substance of divinest show, just opposite to what thou justly seem'st. A damned saint, and honourable villian! O nature, what hadst thou to do in hell when thou didst bower the spirit of a fiend, in mortal paradise of such sweet flesh? Was ever book containing such vile matter so fairly bound? O that deceit should dwell in such a gorgeous palace!

Questn
a. Who is speaking?
B. Where is the speaker?
C. Who speaks after speaker A
d. Whats d device used in " A DAMNED SAINT,AND HONOURABLE VILLIAN
e. O serpent hear, hid wit a flowering face' refer to who?
F. Who does d speaker refers to as a damned saint, and honourable villian
g. Did ever dragon keep so fair a cave? What device was used?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:49am On Feb 09, 2013
See what a scourage is laid upon your hate that heaven finds means to kill your joys with love, and I for winking at your discords too, have lost a brace of kinsmen..

A. Who is the speaker
b. To whom was d speaker addresng
c. Wat incident lead to d speakers lines above.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:51am On Feb 09, 2013
The following epithets:
The courageous captain of compliments......
The very butcher of a silk button.....
A gentleman of the very first house.. Refer to who?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Emmy35(f): 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hi, pls can someone help me out with d following questions and also with explanations cos i don't have an English textbook
1, Inyang has always been shy to speak ___ A, in public B, publicly C, in the public D, with the public.
2,___ his uncle helped him or not, he will still not be able to do it. A, although B, if C, whether D, since.
3 By the time the plane reaches Harare, it___ in the air for 12hrs. A, has been B, would be C, would have been D, should be.
4 We saw Ifeko___ an egg A, smashed B, smash C, smashing D, smashes.
5 Many students have joined the ___ movement. A, revivalists B, revival C, revivalist D, revivalist's.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 11:42am On Feb 14, 2013
Emmy35: Hi, pls can someone help me out with d following questions and also with explanations cos i don't have an English textbook
1, Inyang has always been shy to speak ___ A, in public B, publicly C, in the public D, with the public.
2,___ his uncle helped him or not, he will still not be able to do it. A, although B, if C, whether D, since.
3 By the time the plane reaches Harare, it___ in the air for 12hrs. A, has been B, would be C, would have been D, should be.
4 We saw Ifeko___ an egg A, smashed B, smash C, smashing D, smashes.
5 Many students have joined the ___ movement. A, revivalists B, revival C, revivalist D, revivalist's.
A C A B C
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Emmy35(f): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
Fynestboi: A C A B C
Can u pls explain to me how u arrived @ these answers?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
Fynestboi: Clubs, bills and Partisans, strike! Beat them down! Down with the capulets! Down with the montagues!
a. Who is speaking?
b. To whom is he speaking?
c. Why did the speaker utter *Beat them down*
d. Who re those to be beaten down?
a. Prince
b. the family of capulet nd montangue
c.due to d two houses fight
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Fynestboi: See what a scourage is laid upon your hate that heaven finds means to kill your joys with love, and I for winking at your discords too, have lost a brace of kinsmen..

A. Who is the speaker
b. To whom was d speaker addresng
c. Wat incident lead to d speakers lines above.
A. Prince
b. The family of capulets and montague
c. D death of romeo and juliet
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
GREAT JOB GUY!!!
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ravenwolf: GREAT JOB GUY!!!
ok guy
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
Romeo and Juliet Summary
How It All Goes Down

We meet our hero, Romeo, after a duel between the servants of two enemy families of Verona: the Montagues and the Capulets. Romeo Montague is pining away for Rosaline, a girl we never see. Juliet Capulet, age thirteen, has just heard that Paris, Verona's attractive young bachelor, would like to marry her. The two will meet that night at a masquerade ball at the Capulets' house. Romeo and his friends have decided to crash the Capulet ball – in costume – because Rosaline is on the guest list. Romeo meets Juliet there instead, and they fall madly in love. Afterwards, they discover they are members of rival families, but they are still in love. Romeo stays after the party under Juliet's balcony, and the two use this romantic meeting to plan their marriage. Hasty, but genuine.

This is where things get sticky. Romeo meets with Friar Laurence to arrange the marriage, and Juliet confides in her nurse, who has basically raised her, to act on her behalf and meet Romeo. The Nurse meets Romeo and his friend Mercutio (who thinks the whole situation is hilarious). Romeo tells her to get Juliet to Friar Laurence's, where the two will be married.

Meanwhile, Benvolio, another member of the Montague posse, runs into Tybalt Capulet, who is angry about the Montagues crashing his family party the other night. Romeo, freshly married, strolls into the middle of a tense situation, and as things escalate, Tybalt kills Mercutio. Stricken by grief, Romeo promptly challenges Tybalt to a duel and kills him. Romeo runs away before all of Verona shows up. The Prince of Verona rules that Romeo won't be killed, but banished from Verona. This all puts a damper on the new marriage.

Juliet hears from the Nurse that her new husband has murdered her cousin. She is doubly sad about the death and murder. Mostly Juliet just wants to see her banished husband. The Nurse finds Romeo hiding at Friar Laurence's, and the Friar hatches a plan. Romeo can spend his wedding night with Juliet, but then he must run away, while the Friar finds some way to get the Prince of Verona to pardon Romeo. The marriage will be made public upon his return.

Meanwhile, back at the Capulet house, Paris is working even harder to wed Juliet, who is stricken by grief. Lord Capulet decides a wedding (to Paris) is just the thing to distract her, as he does not know she's already a bride. Juliet spends her wedding night with Romeo, and as he leaves in the morning, she finds out she is to be married to Paris in two days. She refuses and has a violent fight with her parents. Even her nurse thinks she should marry Paris, since Romeo is "as good as dead" to her.

Juliet, trying to figure out what to do, runs over to Friar Laurence's, where she has a weird kiss with Paris. After Paris leaves, she threatens to kill herself. The Friar adds another bit to his plan, and gives her an herbal concoction that will make her appear to be dead for 42 hours. Yes, exactly 42. She goes home, agrees to marry Paris, and takes the poison with the intention of looking dead on the morning of her wedding and being taken to the Capulet tomb where Romeo can find her and everyone can live happily ever after.

Sadly, Romeo is hiding in Mantua, out of the loop, and the news of Juliet's "death" makes it to Romeo before word of the Friar's plan. He buys some poison so he can go to Juliet's grave and kill himself. At her grave, he finds Paris, whom he murders, and then breaks into Juliet's tomb, where he spends some time with Juliet's "dead" body.

He drinks the poison and dies just in time for Juliet to wake up and find him dead. The Friar, who apparently shows up at some point, also finds Romeo dead, and tries to convince Juliet to run away. She refuses (she's been doing a lot of that lately) and kisses Romeo (a lot of that, too) to find that his lips are still warm – she just missed him. He doesn't have enough poison on his lips to kill her, too, so she takes her own life with a dagger. Capulets, Montagues, and the Prince of Verona show up to the tomb and find the dead lovers. Friar Laurence is dragged in to confess everything. The two lords of the rival houses are moved by their dead children's love story and agree to end the feud.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Romeo and Juliet Prologue Summary

The Chorus (kind of like a narrator) appears on stage and gives us the low-down on the play we're about to watch (or read).
The setting is "fair Verona," a town in Italy where two rival upper-crust families (the Capulets and the Montagues) have been feuding for as long as anyone can remember.
We're also told how the children of these two families (that would be Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet) will fall in love, but the story's not going to be a happy one. Before the play is over, our infamous "star-crossed lovers [will] take their life" (commit suicide), which will put an end to their parents' feud.
Finally, the Chorus invites us to sit back and relax while we enjoy the "two-hours' traffic of [the] stage," which is sixteenth-century theater speak for "the two hours it's going to take for the play to be performed."
Brain Snack: In director Baz Luhrmann's 1996 film adaptation of the play (Romeo + Juliet), the Chorus is replaced by a T.V. anchorwoman who delivers the lines as an evening news story.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Romeo and Juliet Act 1, Scene 1 Summary

On the streets of Verona, two young Capulet servants, Sampson and Gregory, are hanging out and trash-talking the Montagues.
Then some young Montague servants (including Abraham) show up. Sampson and Gregory want to put their money where their mouths are, but the Prince of Verona has laid out strict laws against starting fights. And we mean strict.
So, instead, they try to get the Montagues to start the fight.
Sampson gives the Montagues the Elizabethan finger – he bites his thumb at them.
In about 0.5 seconds everyone is fighting.
Benvolio, the resident nice guy, shows up with a "why can't we all just get along?"
But Tybalt, resident Capulet pugilist (guy who fights a lot), shows up saying something like "I'm going to get medieval on your…personage."
All hell, which has been bursting at the seams up until now, breaks loose.
Adding fuel to the fire, the remaining members of each of the families come out to join the fight, or "fray," as they called it back then.
Like any good schoolyard brawl, some authority figure shows up and puts an end to the fun. In this case, it is the Prince of Verona. And he's furious.
He orders the Montagues and the Capulets to cease and desist. (Except it takes him a lot longer to say it, and he adds a supplement that anyone breaking his rule will be put to death.)
Lord and Lady Montague ask Benvolio if he has seen their son, Romeo.
Romeo, we find out, has been moping around in a "grove of sycamore," which, by the way, is Shakespeare's way of hinting that Romeo is love sick or "sick amour." (Get it?) Not only that, says Sampson, but Romeo has been shunning the company of his friends in favor of solitary moping.
Montague chimes in, complaining that all Romeo ever does (when he's not skulking around in sycamore groves) is lock himself up in his dark "chamber" (bedroom). Yep, sounds like a lovesick teenager to us.
Benvolio, like any good friend, decides to spy for Romeo's parents.
Romeo wanders in and willingly tells Benvolio that he's in love with a girl who doesn't love him back. Cue Romeo's sighing, lamenting, and poetic musings.
Romeo reveals that his unavailable crush has taken a vow of chastity and he boo-hoos about the fact that the still unnamed beautiful girl will never have any beautiful children. (It also means that Romeo will never get to make out with her in the back seat of his car, if you know what we mean.)
We interrupt this program for a tasty brain snack: Romeo has been acting like a typical "Petrarchan lover" in this scene. Petrarch, by the way, was a fourteenth-century Italian poet whose sonnets were all the rage in Renaissance England. In fact, Shakespeare's own collection of Sonnets is, in part, inspired by Petrarch's love poetry, which was written about "Laura," a figure who was as unavailable and unattainable as Romeo's current crush. Now back to our program.
Benvolio tells his friend to get over it and to find someone new.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Romeo and Juliet Act 1, Scene 2 Summary

Meanwhile, Lord Capulet is hanging out with County (a.k.a. Count) Paris, the most eligible bachelor in Verona.
Capulet says something like "I'm getting too old for this whole family feud thing and so is Lord Montague – I'm sure we can work something out to keep the peace." (Get your highlighters out because this is pretty important. The whole Montague/Capulet feud may not be as big a deal to the older generation as it is to the younger generation.)
Paris, Verona's most-eligible-bachelor, is all "Hmm…that's nice. Hey, can I marry your thirteen-year-old daughter, Juliet?"
Capulet says that his daughter's a little young – better wait until she's fifteen. Plus, he'd like Juliet to be on board with all this. But he says Paris can talk to his daughter at the annual Capulet bash that they're holding tonight at his house – maybe Juliet will fall in love with Paris.
We interrupt this program for a history snack: In Shakespeare's day, the legal age of marriage was twelve for girls and fourteen for boys. It was also pretty typical for fathers to broker marriage deals without any input from their daughters, kind of like Montague is doing right now. We see this kind of bargaining in plays like The Merchant of Venice, where Portia's dead father manages to arrange his daughter's marriage from the grave (we're not kidding) and in The Taming of the Shrew, where Baptista Minola gives Katherine away in marriage without her consent. Yikes.
Capulet gives one of his servants, Peter, a list of people to invite to the party. Unfortunately, the servant can't read. The illiterate servant decides to look for some people who can read.
Romeo and Benvolio come in, still arguing about Romeo's unnamed love interest. (Don't worry, we'll find out this mystery girl's name soon enough.)
The Capulets' servant asks them to read the guest list for the party. Guess who's on it? Capulet's "fair niece Rosaline." (Yep, that's Romeo's dream girl all right. She also happens to be a Capulet but Romeo doesn't seem to be worried that the big family feud will be a problem. What's up with that?)
Romeo and Benvolio decide to crash the Capulet party. Romeo wants to see Rosaline and Benvolio wants to convince Romeo that she's not so special.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Ollyfad(f): 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Fynestboi: When I saw him, I
a. could not help but laugh
b. could not help laughing
c. could not help but laughing
d. could not but laughing
a
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by thoughtT: 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
I av searched and still searching for the recommended poem(african poetry) in the syllabuse. But cnt get it. Can anyone with any of the poems post it. Will be grateful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Eviddy, Tallest Student In The University Of Abuja (Evidence Ebuka) / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / FG Scraps Post-ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.