Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,585 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb (74366 Views)

2015 Waec Civic And Literature Question Ans Answers Release / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume / Government/crs Online Tutorial for jamb and Pume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Bluediamond1(f): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Emmy35: Hi, pls can someone help me out with d following questions and also with explanations cos i don't have an English textbook
1, Inyang has always been shy to speak ___ A, in public B, publicly C, in the public D, with the public.
2,___ his uncle helped him or not, he will still not be able to do it. A, although B, if C, whether D, since.
3 By the time the plane reaches Harare, it___ in the air for 12hrs. A, has been B, would be C, would have been D, should be.
4 We saw Ifeko___ an egg A, smashed B, smash C, smashing D, smashes.
5 Many students have joined the ___ movement. A, revivalists B, revival C, revivalist D, revivalist's.
A,C,C,A. Don't knw 5.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Bluediamond1(f): 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hey peeps,let's come out now,ask questions or answer sombody's questions.we need ur contributions.A car cnt move on 1wheel u knw!
Btw @finestboi,gud job
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2013
I think its listed in d first page of these thread
thoughtT: I av searched and still searching for the recommended poem(african poetry) in the syllabuse. But cnt get it. Can anyone with any of the poems post it. Will be grateful
nothwitstanding let me re wrte

AFRICAN POETRY
Naked soles Adeoti Gbemisola
An african Thunderstorm
In the navel of the soul
Heritage of Liberation
End of the war
Give me the minstrel's seat

bt bth naked soles and give me the minstrel seat u wuld found them on dis thread if only u can read thru oda post,.. And for further explainatn get 4 urself... The MASTERY OF LITERATURD VOLUME 3

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Dats d point oo
Blue diamond: Hey peeps,let's come out now,ask questions or answer sombody's questions.we need ur contributions.A car cnt move on 1wheel u knw!
Btw @finestboi,gud job
wit ur help and odas we can produce 90+ in jamb witout runs...
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 7:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Dats d point oo
Blue diamond: Hey peeps,let's come out now,ask questions or answer sombody's questions.we need ur contributions.A car cnt move on 1wheel u knw!
Btw @finestboi,gud job
wit ur help and odas we can produce 90+ in jamb witout runs... Maybe u can also advertise 4 ur frnds
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fynestboi: Complete the following sentence
He speaks as if
a. he were the Director Generalin this office
b. he are the Director General in this office
c. he is the Director general in this office
d. he is the Director General in the office
C
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fynestboi: Question on GIVE ME THE MINSTREL SEAT
1.woman cannot exist except by man, what is there in that to vex some of them so? (the statement above from the peom GIVE ME THE MINSTRELS SEAT EXEMPLIIFIES
A. Litotes
B. Rhetorical question
C. Tranferred ephithet
D. Synecdoche

2. The theme of the peom "GIVE ME THE MINSTREL SEAT CENTRES on
A. Divorce
B. Fortune
C. Marriage
D. Companionship

3.acordin to Give me the Minstrels Seat, a woman is
a. A necessary evil
b. Only fulfilled when married
c. Naturally jealous
d. A harbinger of good luck

4. The persona in d poem Give me the minstrels seat discourages
a. Togetherness
b. Hatred
c. Isolation
d. Poverty

5. Give me the minstrels seat ends on a clarion call for
a. Freedom
b. Peace
c. Rectitude
d. Commitment
1.B
2.D
3.B
4.C
5.D
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
saleemema: @fynestboi, are you quoting those poems from the combined syllabus? If Yes, what's the name, and who is author? I need the combined one
Mastry of literature for UTME 2013 volume 3 by Chinweikpe Iwuchukwu Esq
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
saleemema: @fynestboi, are you quoting those poems from the combined syllabus? If Yes, what's the name, and who is author? I need the combined one
Mastery of literature for UTME 2013 volume 3 by Chinweikpe Iwuchukwu Esq
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fynestboi: Pick d ryt ansa
When I saw him, I
a. could not help but laugh
b. could not help laughing
c. could not help but laughing
d. could not but laughing
B
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fynestboi: Complete the following sentence
I wished I
a. have a car
b. had a car
c. have had a car
d. had had a car
A
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
thoughtT: I av searched and still searching for the recommended poem(african poetry) in the syllabuse. But cnt get it. Can anyone with any of the poems post it. Will be grateful
Go and get mastery of literature for UTME 2013 volume 3...u'll get all d poems dere.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nice one sadheluv
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
Throw questns 4 me let solve 2geda
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2013
Fynestboi: Nice one sadheluv
Thanks
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 11:16am On Mar 02, 2013
Questions on J.C De Graft's Sons and Daughters
1.In the play,the character of Lawyer B is represented through the use of
A.flashback B.dialogue
C.play-within-the-play D.irony

2.James Ofosu's desire is to see Manaan trained as
A.a choreographer B.an anttorney
C.an accountant D.a surgeon

3.The plot of the play is
A.linear B.cyclical.
C.complicated D.episodic

4.What cause the srained relationship between James and Lawyer B?
A.betrayal of trust B.standard of education
C.Working experience D.family differences

5.Now look what we have:a permanent bloom of ugly paper flowers!
The device used by Aaron in the excerpt above is
A.suspense B.rhetorical question
C.oxymoron D.allegory
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by saleemema(m): 1:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sadeluhv:
Mastry of literature for UTME 2013 volume 3 by Chinweikpe Iwuchukwu Esq
I've gotten it, at last. I think I need to read the syllabus very fast, in other to come and debate and answer questions on it here.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sadeluhv: Questions on J.C De Graft's Sons and Daughters
1.In the play,the character of Lawyer B is represented through the use of
A.flashback B.dialogue
C.play-within-the-play D.irony

2.James Ofosu's desire is to see Manaan trained as
A.a choreographer B.an anttorney
C.an accountant D.a surgeon

3.The plot of the play is
A.linear B.cyclical.
C.complicated D.episodic

4.What cause the srained relationship between James and Lawyer B?
A.betrayal of trust B.standard of education
C.Working experience D.family differences

5.Now look what we have:a permanent bloom of ugly paper flowers!
The device used by Aaron in the excerpt above is
A.suspense B.rhetorical question
C.oxymoron D.allegory
1. Play within the play
2.an attorney (lawyer)
3. Episodic
4. Betrayal of trust
5. Oxymoron

dose re d ansa u wuld c in past questn bt i wuld tell u dat numba 5 ansa 4rm past questn is wrng
naw try and check d optn
D ansa cnt be rhetorical, count dat out d ansa cnt be oxymoron because it involve placng two opposng words and check dat statement does it goes in line with oxymoron so d ryt ansa is ALLEGORY
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
By d special grace of GOD am dne wit literature so am waitng well organize questn 4rm any angle i am ready pls dnt gv me questn 4rm past questns coz it wnt gv me much stress read thru d poem and prose and also literary terms, u wuld c questns.. Am waitng oo saleema i want more of dat. Mark dat mai ansa and gv me mai score.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2013
saleemema: I've gotten it, at last. I think I need to read the syllabus very fast, in other to come and debate and answer questions on it here.
Lolz!
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Fynestboi: 1. Play within the play
2.an attorney (lawyer)
3. Episodic
4. Betrayal of trust
5. Oxymoron

dose re d ansa u wuld c in past questn bt i wuld tell u dat numba 5 ansa 4rm past questn is wrng
naw try and check d optn
D ansa cnt be rhetorical, count dat out d ansa cnt be oxymoron because it involve placng two opposng words and check dat statement does it goes in line with oxymoron so d ryt ansa is ALLEGORY
u got No 2,3 & 4 right bt No 1 &5 are irony & oxymoron respectively.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2013
Fynestboi: By d special grace of GOD am dne wit literature so am waitng well organize questn 4rm any angle i am ready pls dnt gv me questn 4rm past questns coz it wnt gv me much stress read thru d poem and prose and also literary terms, u wuld c questns.. Am waitng oo saleema i want more of dat. Mark dat mai ansa and gv me mai score.
ur score is 3/5
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sadeluhv:
u got No 2,3 & 4 right bt No 1 &5 are irony & oxymoron respectively.
try and read the play itself numba one cannot be irony and numba 5 cnt be oxymoron... Dats past questn mistake.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dose questns re 4rm 2009 questn jamb am i ryt? So d ansa gvng re wrng even d play is nt episodic its cyclical coz one actn leads to anoda and it revolve round a place ofosu"s house
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Fynestboi: try and read the play itself numba one cannot be irony and numba 5 cnt be oxymoron... Dats past questn mistake.
No 5 is oxymoron...it is so glaring..
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by promisechild(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2013
Fynestboi: Dose questns re 4rm 2009 questn jamb am i ryt? So d ansa gvng re wrng even d play is nt episodic its cyclical coz one actn leads to anoda and it revolve round a place ofosu"s house
before u say it allegory what is allegory after that u have gotten d ansa
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2013
Fynestboi: try and read the play itself numba one cannot be irony and numba 5 cnt be oxymoron... Dats past questn mistake.
No 1 is irony of situation because,What James expected of Lawyer is for him to secure admission for Maanan,even wen Maanan & her mother complain to James abt Lawyer B approach to dia daughter,he did nt believe dem cos he trust his friend bt only to witness d unexpected from his so called friend even in his own house.Isn't dat an Irony?
den No 5 is oxymoron because of d "ugly paper flower" flower is mean't to b beautiful not ugly so dey are contradictory.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2013
Sadeluhv:
No 1 is irony of situation because,What James expected of Lawyer is for him to secure admission for Maanan,even wen Maanan & her mother complain to James abt Lawyer B approach to dia daughter,he did nt believe dem cos he trust his friend bt only to witness d unexpected from his so called friend even in his own house.Isn't dat an Irony?
den No 5 is oxymoron because of d "ugly paper flower" flower is mean't to b beautiful not ugly so dey are contradictory.
good analysis...

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Tosdam(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2013
It is a pleasure to see this type of thread, i must admission to you guys that you are doing well... The success of a student begin from his research and hardworking. You can be a master of all,when you determine to be... Great jobs, i pray the lord will grant us success and admission into our best choice institution, we shall not do it in vain...

Expect my questions and analysis to creep into this thread in an anon....
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ok i agree if u guys fail to concord wit me
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
This question is based on Literary Principles.
'So Children,
If per chance you see a here that roars
Or an ape perched in a palanquin,
Look on in silence..'
'Africa by David Diop
This excerpt exemplifies
A. poetic climax
B. rhetorics
C. paradox
D. conflict
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
In drama drama dramaturge is he who
A. writes or edits plays
B. directs a play
C. acts a film
D. features in a play

This question is based on General Literary Principles.
A figurative device in whicha statement is made and then withdrawn is referred to as
A. metanoia
B. metaphysical
C. metalanguage
D. metalepsi

An image in poetry usually gives a clue to one of the following:
A. rhyme
B. assonance
C. paradox
D. theme
E. refrain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Eviddy, Tallest Student In The University Of Abuja (Evidence Ebuka) / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / FG Scraps Post-ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.