Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? (1302 Views)

Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures / Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by gistyinka(m): 1:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan was yesterday evening, interviewed by CNN’s Christiane Amanpour where he talked about several issues including Boko Haram, power supply, and more. Mr president speaks about this issues on CNN yesterday such as Boko Haram, power supply, and more. And most of this issues are all lies to millions of Nigerians like me too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCau2ZCMaY&feature=player_embedded

President Jonathan who spoke from Davos, Switzerland, where he is attending the World Economic Summit claimed that Nigerians were impressed with the current level of improvement in power, and that if there was one area “ordinary Nigerians” applauded his administration for, it was power.

“I would have loved that you ask ordinary Nigerians on the street of Lagos, Abuja or any other city this question about power. This is one area that Nigerians are quite pleased with the government that our commitment to improve power is working. So if you are saying something different, I’m really surprised. That is one area that even civil societies agree that the government has kept faith with its promise.

“We have not got to where we should be and of course we know that power infrastructure is one investment that you must complete the chain before a bulb can light. You must generate, you must transmit, you must distribute and even if you have the money and the political will, you cannot do it overnight and we are working very hard, you cannot do it overnight.”

His claim was immediately challenged on Twitter by Nigerians who were following the interview in Nigeria with many tweeting that they were monitoring the interview using generators. When Amanpour put that forward to the President, he acknowledged that his administration had not achieved the targets it set for itself and promised to deliver results by the end of the year.

Speaking on Boko Haram, President Jonathan said the violent Islamic sect poses a threat to the African continent if not contained effectively. “Definitely, Boko Haram, if it is not contained, will be a threat. Not only to Nigeria, but to West Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa and of course we know that we have element of Boko Haram link up with some of the al Qeada operating in Northern Mali and other North African countries.”

He also denied that security forces were rounding up and killing innocent Nigerians who had nothing to do with the sect, describing the reported high-handedness of security agencies as “insinuations by some interest groups.”

President Jonathan did not give a direct response on what he is doing in tackling the massive corruption ravaging Nigeria, nor the impunity that has seen culprits left unpunished.
He lauded the conviction of a militant leader in the Niger Delta, Henry Okah, by a South African court on Monday adding that Okah’s trial and conviction were an example of his administration’s commitment to pursuing suspected criminals till they were caught and brought to book.

http://www.gistyinka.com/2013/01/president-jonathan-lied-again-to.html
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
What Mr Presido didn't know was that people where already tweeting to amanpour that all he was saying are lies.
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by taharqa: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
RICHIE BOI: What Mr Presido didn't know was that people where already tweeting to amanpour that all he was saying are lies.
Can anyone point out a single lie he said; just one will do??

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by taharqa: 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
Will smone come and tell me d lie(s) he said in dis interview?? Abi, wud dat be dat hard??
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by tpia5: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
did he have to be on cnn?

can they refuse to be interviewed?

if you know its going to be same as before, then why bother.
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by Demdem(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
Retardeen is simply in a world of his own. JTF has inadvertently killed the innocent in the process of fighting evil boko. That's a fact and simply silly for the retardeen to deny such. That exactly is a lie from him. It insults the sensitivity of their loved ones still alive to bear the pain. Nigerians don't even need the US to tell us such. It happens unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by xbalm(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
It reli is pathetic! I jst can't help but wonder if dis my "president" undrstnds what it means 2b granted audience on air on an international platform. What eva happnd 2 self comportment, charisma, confidence n assertiveness, as a national n international figure (president)? Well, I'm a nigerian by all standards n I reli dnt see to any degree how feasible d achievements "oga" boosted of are! It just is unbelievable dat it went dis awful. Abi oga dey fear d woman ni Lord hve mercy!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by lacasa: 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
i've given up on him ​ so​ ................
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by taharqa: 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
xbalm: It reli is pathetic! I jst can't help but wonder if dis my "president" undrstnds what it means 2b granted audience on air on an international platform. What eva happnd 2 self comportment, charisma, confidence n assertiveness, as a national n international figure (president)? Well, I'm a nigerian by all standards n I reli dnt see to any degree how feasible d achievements "oga" boosted of are! It just is unbelievable dat it went dis awful. Abi oga dey fear d woman ni Lord hve mercy!
SHUT ya Mouth and state d lie(s) he said in interview Or get out of d thread. This is what dis thread is all about, right?? I cud care less what you think about his body language...
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by jmaine: 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
Am interested in the stated lie(s) . . . .

Can the accusers please point them out. . . .
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
RICHIE BOI: What Mr Presido didn't know was that people where already tweeting to amanpour that all he was saying are lies.
lie lie president. I guess he was stuttering when he was blowing the hot lies. No thanks to agbaya sorry agbati and errm... okugbe sorry okupe. grin
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by nuorlah: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
And when Amanpour gave an example of such interest groups as d American...he wanted a way out.

This guy is scared shitless and is not fit to keep on
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by tomakint: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
berem: lie lie president. I guess he was stuttering when he was blowing the hot lies. No thanks to agbaya sorry agbati and errm... okugbe sorry okupe. grin
badt gurl but cute though cheesy wink tongue
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by iluvnaija: 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
That is why I said ya'll shouldnt waste ur time to vote him because he is going to be a disappointment. People feel bad now because they never expected him to mess up with all the praises they sang before election e.g "He is going to bring us goodluck because his name is goodluck" can u imagine how Nigerians think? I dont feel bad because I expected it.

So enjoy the ride. Ya'll aint see nothing yet! grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by KENESAGA(m): 1:28am On Jan 26, 2013
HOUNESTLY, SOME NIGERIANS ARE AS CLUELESS AS AN slowpoke. WHO CAN POINT TO THE LIES IN HIS STATEMENTS? MUST YOU FIND FUALT WHERE THERE'S NONE? POSTER, TRY AGAIN, BUT KNOW WHEN YOU ARE ACCUSING SOMEBODY FULSELY JUST TO PULL HIM DOWN, BUT YOU WILL FAIL.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by KENESAGA(m): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2013
iluvnaija: That is why I said ya'll shouldnt waste ur time to vote him because he is going to be a disappointment. People feel bad now because they never expected him to mess up with all the praises they sang before election e.g "He is going to bring us goodluck because his name is goodluck" can u imagine how Nigerians think? I dont feel bad because I expected it.

So enjoy the ride. Ya'll aint see nothing yet! grin grin grin
YOU'LL BE DISSAPOINTED AT THE END, QUOTE ME.
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 26, 2013
How did he lie? He said improvement in electricity generation,and not stable electricity. There's great improvement in my area,we now have 1hr electricity per day,than the usual 45minutes per day.
Re: President Jonathan Lied Again To Nigerians On CNN? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Yomieluv: How did he lie? He said improvement in electricity generation,and not stable electricity. There's great improvement in my area,we now have 1hr electricity per day,than the usual 45minutes per day.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

45 Prophesies From Pst Johnson Suleiman / The Speech Declaring Nigeria’s Independence By Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa / Aregbesola New Multimillion naira School Hall Collapses In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.