Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Deal With Stereotypes? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Deal With Stereotypes? (860 Views)

Harmful Stereotypes / Nigerian Tribes Stereotypes / How Do You Deal With A Fake Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Stereotypes? by Meklex(m): 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
it's with great sentiments and concern that I decided to share my plight. Stereotypically speaking some regions in Nigeria are known for one thing or the other just as in my case, where my school friends beleived that where I grew up has affected my way of thinking, acting and scaming, yes!, scaming!, and now my every action is weighed carefully and cautiously inorder to detect any ulterior motive behind it all because I came from a region they beleived its people has the tendency of deceiving, scamming, etc.
it's really demoralizing, how do I deal with it??
Re: How To Deal With Stereotypes? by tpia5: 5:22am On Jan 25, 2013
disregarding some stereotypes could be risky, thats why people are cautious about it.

the onus is on you to prove them wrong.

having said that, there's still a fine line between stereotyping and outright xenophobia, these can overlap.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Scoop Fuel,poverty Or Greed?? / Do You Think Nemesis Got Up With Olusegun Agagu? / What Special Talent(s) Do You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.