Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders (28256 Views)

Udom Donates N200K To Widows In Akwa-Ibom State. Photos / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan / CBN Sets New Deposit Limit For Account Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by kamez(m): 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
Just came back from the market now. Went to buy shovel to start digging my hole. Cos na underground banking tins for me from now on..

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
na wao! where are we going with all these regulations?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by crackhouse(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
CBN have created another work for the legislators to make them busy again and i am sure they will go on a plenary session for this soon.

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by born2boink(m): 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hausa Sanusi=Monetary Killing
Hausa Boko haram= Christian Religion and Government killing
Hausa Buhari=Political killing
Hausa Alhaji Shehu Guma = Religious Advisory Killing
Hausa Fulani= Tribal Killing

When Hausas go change, this nation dey try to grow, hausas dey destroy ham.

Igbo dey look for Money
Yoruba dey look for Education
Hausa dey look for war

Any land hausa go, na so so trouble trouble

Even if dem become leader ,na so so trouble trouble

3 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Kx: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Why does all his policies tend to increase or reduce activities at the banking hall?
Cant we have real policies that will stimulate economic growth and development for once?

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by elampiro(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Let me try and summarize it.

CBN has introduced three levels of bank customers to enable KYC (know your customer) and money laudering monitoring be more effective.

1. Low Vaue Account = This will be opened with minimum KYC. Only I'd cards may be required from the customers to open such accounts. Account can be opened with zero balance or maximum of N20,000. Payment into the account cannot be more than N20,000 at a time. The balance cannot grow above N200,000. This accounts will not be under the scrutiny of regulatory bodies.

2. Medium Value Account. A bit of higher KYC, may be with I'd card and utility bill as PHCN bill. Customers under this category cannot pay into the account more than N50,000 on a single deposit (teller), and the balance shouldn't be above N400, 000.

3. High Value Account: Unlimited banking services with full KYC at point of opening. The KYC will involved taking I'd card from the customer, utility bill, the bank official will visit the customer's house and verify the genuineness of his residence and place of work, take his reference, etc. The accounts will be monitored by regulatory bodies.

That's what I understand about the circular, let's wait for further explanation or addendum.

3 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Rhapsody1(f): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
I really thank God afresh that I am out of the banking system. My bank then, the former IBPLC, had a way of modifying such directives from CBN to suit them. They will had reinforced visitation and KYC on almost ALL accounts opened while increasing your targets o. In those days, I used to sign off Visitation forms on places I had never been to. And pray nothing goes wrong with that account else it is your head. This is 'cos maybe the official car was unavailable, or there is no fuel as drivers had exhausted their weekly budget, or another. Other times, you foot the bill. It was crazy especially for semi rural areas. Imagine the number of visitations, KYC I would have been doing for my customers.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
Piyke: what is this new policy saying plainly? Sanusi is really out of ideas!

Is it the people that deposit 20k and 200k that are the problem of Nigeria? He even says high category accounts have no limits. why suffer the middle class

Thank you jor, the folks financing terrorism are the fúcking rich politicians, so why is the fool trying to frustrate the middle class?

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
I believe most of you don't even know what the policy is all about. . .credulous folks

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
BasseyJ: Hehehe, na wa o. I remember a day my friend deposited 50naira to make up his acct from N2950 to N3000 then withdrew 1k, soo the good days are gone?? So sad gringringrin

So the rate of hardship in Nigeria has gone to the extend that people deposit 50 naira only into a bank account, which way forward Naija?

But, wait ooooo

Na Banker collect the money from him?
Hehe if na me I for give him a heavy knock on the head for wasting the deposit slip.

Bankers dey suffer, imagine how it will look like when those with millions and thousands will be on a straight line, those with 50 buck will also be on the line, hehe, naija will never stop to amaze me.

Me wey dey dulge depositing 2k for bank and someone deposited 50 naira.
Aah nawaaa...
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by marod(m): 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
A̶̲̥̅♏ not surprise... You were not born to use your head.
born2fuck: Hausa Sanusi=Monetary Killing

Igbo dey look for Money
Hausa dey look for war

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by webcityng: 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

So the rate of hardship in Nigeria has gone to the extend that people deposit 50 naira only into a bank account, which way forward Naija?

But, wait ooooo

Hehe if na me I for give him a heavy knock on the head for wasting the deposit slip.

Bankers dey suffer, imagine how it will look like when those with millions and thousands will be on a straight line, those with 50 buck will also be on the line, hehe, naija will never stop to amaze me.

Aah nawaaa...

i have withdraw #100 on the bank counter before. i swear grin

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Good Policy, this will reduce terrorism
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
born2fuck: Hausa Sanusi=Monetary Killing

Igbo dey look for Money
Hausa dey look for war

You wan cause Nairaland war abi?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by creativemusic: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin what kind of policy is this? when minimum wage is 18,000. sanusi is tired please please the man is tired of ideas.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by DidiLove1: 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Kai! It's a pity folks no longer understand simple english.

Maximum single deposit amount is NOT THE SAME AS minimum account balance! The CBN is not saying you cannot have less then 20k in your account, they've only set limits for single deposit amounts and categorized bank customers for easier access to essential banking and other financial services.

People are on here abusing Sanusi and hating on what they barely understand. Such ignorance!

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by desktop: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
...and the purpose of this is?
someone please shoot this mans weed supplier please!...or is it the bow tie thats too tight?
so much confusion between one pair of ears!
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by lafuria1(m): 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
Didi Love: Kai! It's a pity folks no longer understand simple english.

Maximum single deposit amount is NOT THE SAME AS minimum account balance! The CBN is not saying you cannot have less then 20k in your account, they've only set limits for single deposit amounts and categorized bank customers for easier access to essential banking and other financial services.

People are on here abusing Sanusi and hating on what they barely understand. Such ignorance!

my finger don tire to type on nairaland. thanks
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by DidiLove1: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

But, wait ooooo

Aah nawaaa...

Have you heard of the term 'electronic money transfer'? Where on that post was it mentioned that the guy stood on a queue to deposit N50 into his account?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2013

There are so many fooolish people in Nigeria and that is why the politicians steal from them,employ divide and rule policy to keep them busy.

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by jahonmatic(m): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
SlyIg: Wetin all these technical terms come mean na. No good economist in this house to break down this jargon for me?
Let me kw if to remove my money from the bank to my pillow!
. U no go school.? grin grin cheesy
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by plendil: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2013

not many people understand all this big English

no
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by elampiro(m): 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
Rhapsody!:
I really thank God afresh that I am out of the banking system. My bank then, the former IBPLC, had a way of modifying such directives from CBN to suit them. They will had reinforced visitation and KYC on almost ALL accounts opened while increasing your targets o. In those days, I used to sign off Visitation forms on places I had never been to. And pray nothing goes wrong with that account else it is your head. This is 'cos maybe the official car was unavailable, or there is no fuel as drivers had exhausted their weekly budget, or another. Other times, you foot the bill. It was crazy especially for semi rural areas. Imagine the number of visitations, KYC I would have been doing for my customers.

You took plenty of risk that could have landed you in a deep shit or even jail. Thank God all the ones you signed off without verification didn't have fraudulent problems. Anyway, you were not alone, many bankers do it even till now, how many of their customers can they visit. This new policy will be a relieve to bankers if implemented. They only have to verify the high value customers.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
webcityng:

i have withdraw #100 on the bank counter before. i swear grin

Fainted.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by webcityng: 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

Fainted.

ABEG WAKE UP BRO PLEASE, I CAN NEVER FORGET THAT DAY, I NEEDED TRANSPORT FARE FOR AN IMPORTANT MEETING AND I NO GET A DIME

AND I HATE TO BEG FOR MONEY, SO I HAD TO WITHDRAW THE #100 JEJE.

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Dagods(m): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
donlyone so if I am depositing N80,000 I'll need FOUR deposit slips? e be as e get o.
No be so bros,enter LEVEL2 &use 2 dep/slips,or LEVEL1 & use 1 dep/slip..chai donlyone OLODO' hahaha,my own olodo ripe pass ur own sef..

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
Dagods: donlyone so if I am depositing N80,000 I'll need FOUR deposit slips? e be as e get o.
No be so bros,enter LEVEL2 &use 2 dep/slips,or LEVEL1 & use 1 dep/slip..chai donlyone OLODO' hahaha,my own olodo ripe pass ur own sef..

NO, YOU CAN DEPOSIT 1 MILLION @ ONCE SELF, BUT THE PERSON YOU ARE PAYING MUST HAVE A HIGH CLASS ACCOUNT

THAT IS ALL!!!
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:

There are so many fooolish people in Nigeria and that is why the politicians steal from them,employ divide and rule policy to keep them busy.

Let me summarize it.

Aboki na Aboki, even you give him 50 lappy with internet connections he is still mallam.

Just watch many usernames and comments.

Why one Naija for crying out loud, the behaviour of a goat is effect the sheep seriously.

No mind those shoe repair aboki that have nokia 3310 that post shit on Nairaland without comprehending what the matter is all about, all they know is figures.

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by DidiLove1: 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
webcityng:

ABEG WAKE UP BRO PLEASE, I CAN NEVER FORGET THAT DAY, I NEEDED TRANSPORT FARE FOR AN IMPORTANT MEETING AND I NO GET A DIME

He's making jest of your grammar dude! Are you a learner?

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

Let me summarize it.

Aboki na Aboki, even you give him 50 lappy with internet connections he is still mallam.

Just watch many usernames and comments.

Why one Naija for crying out loud, the behaviour of a goat is effect the sheep seriously.

No mind those shoe repair aboki that have nokia 3310 that post shit on Nairaland without comprehending what the matter is all about, all they know is figures.

Are you high ? Summarize what for me ?

Do you understand what the policy is about ? Yes or no and stop tripping over this shiit.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Dee60: 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
I am sure that more than half of our fashionista bankers would not even understand this long grammar not to talk of the banking public. Please tell us in simple terms! Sanusi is trying hard to stop laundering by our politicians, but he may be punishing the ordinary Nigerian in the process, while the corrupt boys continue to do their dollar banking with mallams at the airports!

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
webcityng:

Thanks for waking me up, I dreamed about where I was dicussing with Sanusi about the economy, how bad it is.

We are about concluding before you woke me up.
I dey fill like Obj now because I spoke with Naija no 1 mallam.Hehe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index / Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments / President Tinubu Appoints CEOs for communication agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.