Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? (7291 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by adaoke: 2:43am On Jan 25, 2013
Everyone keeps saying he is the first one, you dont have to say yes to him, others will come etc
The guy in question is a decent person,but people are wary cause he is the first person.

So, is anything wrong in marrying the first person that comes for your hand in marriage?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by seedord247(m): 2:45am On Jan 25, 2013
Wait till they reach 49 before you decide. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by tpia5: 3:03am On Jan 25, 2013
very few people actually marry their first suitor.

but, in cases where you're convinced he or she is the one, and no other issue presents itself, its up to you.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Nobody: 3:09am On Jan 25, 2013
adaoke: Everyone keeps saying he is the first one, you dont have to say yes to him, others will come etc
The guy in question is a decent person,but people are wary cause he is the first person.

So, is anything wrong in marrying the first person that comes for your hand in marriage?

Nothing wrong with it at all
If he were a multi millionaire,they wouldn't be saying this
That is the coded language in their statement about him being the first suitor,they are hoping for someone richer
It is about you and who you think fits your ideal for a spouse ,nobody's business but yours
Unless of course there's something else they are objecting to and you choose to downplay it
The decision has to be right for you and if it is,you'll have to convince them
Goodluck

12 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by slimyem: 3:18am On Jan 25, 2013
They are probably jealous of you..
They can't have it so they don't wish you have it too.
What kind of nonsense is "because he is the first one"??
If you think your judgement of the guy and situation is sound,then by all means,go ahead!!
...and goodluck!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 25, 2013
slimyem: They are probably jealous of you..
They can't have it so they don't wish you have it too.
What kind of nonsense is "because he is the first one"??
If you think your judgement of the guy and situation is sound,then by all means,go ahead!!
...and goodluck!!

I hope you don't mean go ahead as in marry someone without the consent of her parents
Do you
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by slimyem: 3:55am On Jan 25, 2013
Baby mama:

I hope you don't mean go ahead as in marry someone without the consent of her parents
Do you
She didn't mention her parents' in her post and she didn't say "they"(whoever the "they" are) are not supportive."They" are only asking her to reconsider before taking the step or so i suppose..
Its not like "they" really have anything against the guy asides he been the first which doesnt really make senseundecided

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Gambrosia: 4:12am On Jan 25, 2013
No! As long as I was not a VAJIN! cool
That would be a rip-off! kiss

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by greatgod2012(f): 5:25am On Jan 25, 2013
And when does being d first suitor become a taboo, abeg dont mind them joor, there is nothing wrong in it, inasmuch as you love him and see what you want in a man in him, then, give in.
Wishing you best of luck.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2013
If you think you have found the one,being the first doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by maclatunji: 8:59am On Jan 25, 2013
adaoke: Everyone keeps saying he is the first one, you dont have to say yes to him, others will come etc

If he meets your expectations and you are sure of not being naive, go for it! God has probably blessed you with a decent man at the very first opportunity.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Syncan(m): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Absolutely nothing wrong with that, if he meets what you desire. All you need is the "Mr Right", his position in the queue not withstanding.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Well, 'they' do have a point!
But what's that thing the say again . . "a bird in hand . . . . " cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by pboiskinpy(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2013
I no know oo cos I neva reach dat sttage grin
Jux passing oo
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Goldenheart(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2013
*brushing teeth*
*rinse mouth*
*spit out*
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by francescainnoce(f): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2013
Actually what if he was your boyfriend and then decided to marry you for real and at that time , he was the first , will you tell him to wait to be second or third.
though they have their reason which might be reasonable or otherwise but if you feel right about him and you convinced he is the one.you might go ahead.
This kind of situation, you will see people rushing in because devil want to bring confusion and before you know it, you might end up with the wrong one.
PRAY AND be convinced

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by mysticgal(f): 9:57am On Jan 25, 2013
It is not wrong to marry ur first suitor,but some ppl prefer more suitors so that they can weigh.so if it feels right,go on.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by smakati(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2013
Love is all that matters
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by tellwisdom: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2013
You want to marry a suit seller??...nothin bad sister sadsad

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Lakayana: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2013
There is nothing wrong if you are in love with the person and he proposes to you I tell you that is hitting the jackpot. It's like someone having triplet at the 1st delivery no more Labour room good luck. Meanwhile I sell souvenirs for wedding.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by DukeNija(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2013
mysticgal: It is not wrong to marry ur first suitor,but some ppl prefer more suitors so that they can weigh.so if it feels right,go on.

What are they weighing again?
Bread?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by tunapawizzy: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2013
go and ask Rita Dominic...only a vicitm can advice u appropriately

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by tunapawizzy: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
mysticgal: It is not wrong to marry ur first suitor,but some ppl prefer more suitors so that they can weigh.so if it feels right,go on.
the Lord is ur strength as u do ur sampling
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by mployer(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
Do people stil have suitors now? I mean a situation where a man appears from nowhere and proposes to a lady

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by eikeem(m): 10:20am On Jan 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmm....... You have a God you can always talk to; you own your heart and brain. The powers to determine the kind of happiness you want lie with you.
Marriage is not a 4-way Rotary test - it doesn't have to be beneficial to everybody for you to feel right.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Xunxhine(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2013
If you are convinced enough that both of you ZINGED, then there's no problem go on with it. And if you marry your first suitor, it just meand that you are too guarded and precious for your spouse not to find your heart intact.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by obowunmi(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2013
lots of single naija women, who can't even find suitors.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by vitality22(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2013
tunapawizzy:
the Lord is ur strength as u do ur sampling

Haaa, imagine this oo, @OP please where are you based so that i can come and sample you and also inform my male friends to come over and sample you too. Note that atleast am also good looking ooo so as my friends.
Na waooo for this type of advise ooo, its a lie from tunapawizzy o, the Lord will never be your strength as you sample ooo
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Amjustme: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2013
Na first suitor me sef marry o!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by samwash(m): 10:40am On Jan 25, 2013
I think women of these days dont knw wot dey want they are so confused !!!,jst wait nd keep ur hands cross untill u are 50 dem u can nw select d 1 u want 4 ur self.By dem there'll many of dem to choose 4rm.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Adanyebe(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2013
NO WAIT UNTIL THEY START REDUCING IN THEIR NUMBERS....
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by sageon: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2013
@op
While you are at it and content with playing to naysayers, or secretly in wait for the knight in a shiny armor and castle, please let the poor guy be so he can berth in surer waters.

P.S
Men really go through the most inanities in finding a mate-from the ridiculous, absurd and selfish, the filtering criteria is unbounded, and can reach depraved depths; no wonder exhaustion and wear defines the best of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out / Men and their joystick / We Need To Go Back To Burning Women Alive: Nick Fuentes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.