Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River (24108 Views)

Dead Bodies Found In The Foundation Of A Building In Enugu (Photos) / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) / Dead Bodies Found Floating On Anambra River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by StHercules: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
Barely two days after the police announced the evacuation of 18 dead bodies found in Ezu River in Amansea, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State, four more bodies have surfaced in the river. Two out of the four surfaced on Wednesday while another two were discovered floating on the river yesterday.

Yesterday’s discovery coincided with the visit to the scene by the Senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial District, which Amansea is part of, Chris Ngige, who vowed to ensure that the mystery behind the dead bodies and their dumping in the river was unraveled. Ngige also called on the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to come to the aid of the people of the area, whose only source of water had been poisoned by the dumping of dead bodies whose actual number and identities were yet to be confirmed, with materials for medical attention and other forms of assistance.

Confirming the discovery of more corpses, the traditional ruler of Amansea, Igwe Kenneth Okonkwo, while welcoming Ngige to his palace, said: “We had thought that the bodies have finished only to be shocked that more bodies are surfacing.” Corroborating him, a former councilor from Amaowelle village where the river is located, Chief Alphonsus Nwene said that “there is possibility that several other dead bodies are still in the water and once they decompose sufficiently they will come afloat.”

But addressing the people at scene, the former governor of the state, Ngige said, “I’ve discussed with Governor Peter Obi, he seems to have no clue as to what is happening, he told me that, so I decided I must come here myself so that we can discuss as Senator representing this area in the National Assembly. I am here at Ezu River and I have seen with my own eyes, not hearsay, not story, not media stories two corpses here now.

“But one thing I must assure you is that we must unravel the mystery of these corpses. We will find out what is happening and when we find it, we will stop it and we must stop it that is why I am here.” He promised to contact the Inspector General of Police on the issue, haven discussed with the state Police Commissioner and state director of the State Security Services (SSS).

Ngige warned the people not to use water from the river again until a time it would be certified okay for their use as the chemicals being used to disinffect it and the environs were toxic in nature and would be harmful if they drank from the river now.

The Senator donated to the people 6,000 cartons of water and promised that motorized borehole would be sunk in the area in his 2013 constituency project programme.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/mystery-deaths-4-more-bodies-float-on-ezu-river/
http://newsgallary.com/another-dead-bodies-in-amansea-river/
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by ebucha: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
A police check point is about 100m away from the place. A man living close bye said he had on two occasions seen the Anti Robbery Squad of the police disposing bodies there. He spoke to AIT yesterday with face hidden. When confronted for inquires, you need to see the guilt on the face of the police commissioner. He denied as usual.

6 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by asha80(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
ebucha: A police check point is about 100m away from the place. A man living close bye said he had on two occasions seen the Anti Robbery Squad of the police disposing bodies there. He spoke to AIT yesterday with face hidden. When confronted for inquires, you need to see the guilt on the face of the police commissioner. He denied as usual.

i saw that too.

3 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
ebucha: A police check point is about 100m away from the place. A man living close bye said he had on two occasions seen the Anti Robbery Squad of the police disposing bodies there. He spoke to AIT yesterday with face hidden. When confronted for inquires, you need to see the guilt on the face of the police commissioner. He denied as usual.
I've always suspected that the police had a hand in this.

1 Like

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by seanet01: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Na wa o. Coming from the same people.
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by hoodboy(m): 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Please correct the grammatical error on the title rather than "another dead bodiea", it should be "more dead bodies" / "some more"

1 Like

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
And we have idioots like alex ekwueme parading themselves as Igbo leaders but they will not utter a word when their people are being killed by fulani policemen and soldiers in Igbo land;rather the fo0l prefers to host arewa people for selfish gains.it is high time all security agents are posted to they geographical zones of origin.the killers of these people must be brought to book.these killings are an act of genecide against the Igbo race,the united nations must be made aware of this.

2 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
Our Igbo leaders are falling our hands badly.if hausa and fulani are killed this way,you will immediately see people like buhari,atiku,ibb keep their differences aside,join hands together in protest and call for the killers to be found and prosecuted;and they will apply as much pressure as they can to get the killers apprehended and prosecuted,but in the case of Igbo leaders,the opposite is the case.Igbo leaders are just so lame,clueless and lackasidal when it comes to the issues of protecting the interest of the Igbo people.

3 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
ThankGod nobody is blaming boko haram for this killing.this one na we we.Ibo thingz.
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by CyberG: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
chima12: And we have idioots like alex ekwueme parading themselves as Igbo leaders but they will not utter a word when their people are being killed by fulani policemen and soldiers in Igbo land;rather the fo0l prefers to host arewa people for selfish gains.it is high time all security agents are posted to they geographical zones of origin.the killers of these people must be brought to book.these killings are an act of genecide against the Igbo race,the united nations must be made aware of this.

LOL...what do you want Ekwueme to do? Is he the IG, governor or president? His sphere of influence is limited to his enclave and nothing more. How can you eat your cake and have it? iboz voted for retardeen goodluck because he said he is ibo; not because of any record of achievement whatsoever. Well, I suggest you send him your protest letter or even to your governor. Other than that, you may have to turn to a 1-man vigilante if you want to solve this issue as clearly, the people who are responsible for protecting you just don't give a damn!
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by asha80(m): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by otokx(m): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Thank God the mystery is over.

2 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2013
$

WHAT?! AIT should blow d whistle on this matter!
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by moneyhungry(m): 10:16am On Jan 26, 2013
d beginning of d end:

1 Like

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Afolabs101: 10:19am On Jan 26, 2013
These bodies are obviously people who have been murdered at various times and dumped in the river. Quite possibly they were dumped in a certain part where there is little human activity and due to nature may have been swept from their original places down the river to the point where they appeared in a populated area.

I will bet anything that the police are complicit. SARS is basically a hit squad for politicians and wealthy crooked businessmen. Remember they are the ones who killed that Ogun politician (Dipa Dina) in broad daylight.
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2013
seanet01: Na wa o. Coming from the same people.
and what is that suppose to mean?
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Afolabs101: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2013
chima12: And we have idioots like alex ekwueme parading themselves as Igbo leaders but they will not utter a word when their people are being killed by fulani policemen and soldiers in Igbo land;rather the fo0l prefers to host arewa people for selfish gains.it is high time all security agents are posted to they geographical zones of origin.the killers of these people must be brought to book.these killings are an act of genecide against the Igbo race,the united nations must be made aware of this.

I very much doubt it's genocide against igbo people, because there is no way you can be a hausa or yoruba (or any other tribe) group in the middle of igbo land and just be killing igbos and nobody will know??

Its quite simply murder, you know what politicians and police are like so chill. Your igbo police/military/politicians are no different to the ones in the rest of the country undecided

2 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Lawconfessor(f): 10:33am On Jan 26, 2013
CyberG: LOL...How can you eat your cake and have it? iboz voted for retardeen Goodluck because he said he is ibo;

When will SPECIES like u get tired?
Ndi Igbo atabiri ome ji gi?

6 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Lawconfessor(f): 10:42am On Jan 26, 2013
chima12: And we have IDIOOTS like alex ekwueme parading themselves as Igbo leaders

Sure Dear, it takes an idiot to knw an IDIOOT

2 Likes

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by tchaik(m): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngige said, “I’ve discussed with Governor Peter Obi, he seems to have no clue as to what is happening, he told me that, so I decided I must come here myself so that we can discuss as Senator representing this area in the National Assembly. I am here at Ezu River and I have seen with my own eyes, not hearsay, not story, not media stories two corpses here now.

No need for that! People died, and this Man is seeking political relevance!

1 Like

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by blaqoracle: 10:49am On Jan 26, 2013
chima12: Our Igbo leaders are falling our hands badly.if hausa and fulani are killed this way,you will immediately see people like buhari,atiku,ibb keep their differences aside,join hands together in protest and call for the killers to be found and prosecuted;and they will apply as much pressure as they can to get the killers apprehended and prosecuted,but in the case of Igbo leaders,the opposite is the case.Igbo leaders are just so lame,clueless and lackasidal when it comes to the issues of protecting the interest of the Igbo people.
igbo is not a tribe.
Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Basic(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2013
Another fallcious brain here. And what's your proof that the bodies were killed by Fulani and Hausa policemen?
Are you saying the policemen in Igbo land are Hausas and Fulanis?
And what were the Igbo policemen doing at the time?
I hate baseless tribalistic rants like this. And one thing I've observed on NL is that Igbos cry foul the most. They always claim to be at the receiving end of everything.

1 Like

Re: More Dead Bodies Found In Amansea River by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2013

I knew it had to be the police that killed detainees and dumped them
I said that from day one
Thank God it is being collaborated by eye witnesses
Some also said there were bullet holes and some bodies had their hands tied behind their backs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cable Thief Electrocuted In Edo (photos) / Interview With Friends Of Slain Uniport Students / The Country Under Your Watch Is Hellish- Omotola J Ekeinde To PMB & Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.