Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) (66934 Views)

Boy Killed At Zaki Biam Yam Market Buried (Photos) / Ife: Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Yoruba-Hausa Clash In Osun (Graphic Pictures) / Indonesia Set To Execute Drug Convicts, Including 4 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Indonesia brushed aside last-minute appeals yesterday and executed eight people including 4 Nigerians convicted of drug smuggling in their country. Photos of the dead being buried and details from their last minutes on earth have now been revealed.

According to the pastors who were with them in their final hours, reformed Bali Nine ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran and their six fellow death row prisoners refused to wear blindfolds and were singing as they were executed by a 13-member firing squad in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

The eight men chose to face their executioners and spent their last minutes of life praying, praising God and singing songs including Amazing Grace.

On Wednesday morning, Pastor Christie Buckingham - who read Chan and Sukumaran their last rites - said the eight death row inmates walked out onto the killing field singing religious songs in the moments before they were executed.

Pastor Buckingham said the men conducted themselves with 'dignity and strength until the end'. Another pastor, Karina de Vega, said it was a 'beautiful experience'.

'It was breathtaking. This was the first time I witnessed someone so excited to meet their God,' Pastor de Vega told Fairfax.

Nigerian Martin Anderson chose to be buried in the West Java town of Bekasi, and fellow Nigerian Raheem Agbaje, wanted to be buried in the East Java town of Madiun where he had been a prisoner. Indonesian Zainal Abidin is to be buried in Cilacap. The wishes of two other Nigerians — Sylvester Obiekwe Nwolise and Okwudili Oyatanze — have yet to be made public.

Indonesian Attorney General Muhammad Prasetyo confirmed at a news conference hours after the deaths had been widely reported that each of the eight had been executed simultaneously at 12:35 a.m. (1735 GMT) by a 13-member firing squad. Medical teams confirmed their deaths three minutes later, he said.
"The executions have been successfully implemented, perfectly. All worked, no misses," he said of the deaths of two Australians, four Nigerians, a Brazilian and an Indonesian man.

Prasetyo also dismissed concerns that Indonesia had done long-term damage to bilateral relations through the executions. According to him:

"It's just a momentary reaction. What we're doing is carrying out court decisions."

He said that the message was "do not try to smuggle drugs in Indonesia, because we will be harsh and firm against drug-related crimes."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/04/coffins-bearing-bodies-of-dead.html

1 Like 9 Shares

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
shocked R.I.P

Wow shocked FTC on my first day of joining NL wink

[size=15]IamMaleGirl[/size]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by natureblack(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
RIP to 'em exotic pharmacists. sad sad sad

In 50 Cent's voice; Get rich or die trying.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by techie09: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Get free tutorials on how to browse the internet for free, make money online, watch DSTV for free, send unlimited free sms, make free daytime call etc log on to w w w . n a i r a c l a s s . c o m / f o r u m
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by pretydiva(f): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
So dem really kill all dis pple cry

5 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by coolhamid(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
It hurt so bad seeing my countrymen being sentenced to death in another man's land...
I find it difficult to blame the Indonesian govt for sentencing my countrymen to death , these guys knew the law of the land before violating it....
See what "get rich or Die tryin" syndrome has led them to....

Legit Work Pays...

26 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
undecided

WICKED COUNTRY cry

18 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by chaloner(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Cheiiii mtn service na fuckup , well 7th out of 1,351,300 students on nairaland . I think I passed very well.

Bak to the topic , RIP bros

2 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Immarshall: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ф
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by cornel994(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lawd lipsrsealed
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is sure not the best way to stop drugs. I strongly believe they know the drug kingpins, why haven't they gone for them rather than kill the messanger?

19 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by tucky200(m): 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ehya..I hope other crooks will learn from these

2 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
So, Tinubu escaped?

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Goldenheart(m): 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Rip again

1 Like

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by sexymoma(f): 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
And people think this is the hardest way to die...
I say no.. cos you have the opportunity to repent and ask God for forgiveness
Cos they all knew when death would take dem away...
Unlike sleeping and not sure one would wake up the next day... No chance for forgiveness

Rip to the dead
The most painful part is they are still gonna arrest, jail and execute the adamant ones who has refused to learn cry

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by McEwen(m): 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
INNA LIL LAHI!

6 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by sirwittee(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
Very brutalO :-O
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Mc4larin: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by adeyiga3(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmmmm life is short
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by free2ryhme: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Na wa oooo

Well where ther is law there is penalty for defaulters
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Tic4tac(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Rip
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by timilehing(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
RIP to the dead.
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Maximus17(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
RIP
Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Mc4larin: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is what we're supposed to be doing to corrupt politicians in Nigeria!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by iyatrustee(f): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
That person snapping with the samsung phone na nairalander!

2 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by eleojo23: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Very saddening.
These people must have wished that they never indulged in the crime in the first place, but it was already too late. It shows us that we may not always get a second chance to correct our mistakes hence we must all be careful about every choice we make knowing that there will be consequences.

24 Likes

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by omenka(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Not a fan of band-waggonism, so I'd just say what's on my mind.

Sad as this may be and as painful as my comment may sound, these guys got what was coming for them. They knew the laws of the land but still went ahead to break them.

I sympathise with their families but must say their the acts of their loved ones who were killed must have been responsible for the deaths and ruination of a lot other lives across the country and indeed the world. Those people as well had people who loved/love them.

Hope they RIP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Next2Bezee(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
While i agree that these convicts should have thought of the consequences before venturing into what they did, I must say that these Indonesians wicked die..

Countries should take the initiative and start executing all their Indonesian since the Indonesian Government seem to show no remorse whatsoever despite prior pleas from all over the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by eminikansoso(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
When you are in Rome behave like a Roman

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
rip, some mumu will still try to carry drugs der angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by barackosama(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
PLEASE ALL, lets say EYAH to them for 1MINUTE.
#eyaheyah...

1 Like

Re: Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
the wages of sin is death

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud / Indian Man Caught Having Sex With Young Street Girl In His Car In Zambia (Photos / Girl Rescued After Boyfriend In Search Of Riches Held Her In Pit For 8months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.