Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together (4026 Views)

The Misconceptions Of Hebrews 10:25 (explained). / Tithing Ended And Abolished In The N.T - An Exposition On Hebrews Chapter 7. / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

There is no hiding from the fact that you detest submission to leadership in all its ramifications as this article depicts:

Spiritual rebels will always expose themselves for what they are.

"I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house" Acts 20:20

"Aquila and Prisca greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house ." 1 Cor. 16:19

15 Please give my greetings to our Christian brothers and sisters* at Laodicea, and to Nympha and those who meet in her house .- Colossians 4:15

and to our sister Apphia and to Archippus, a fellow soldier of the cross. I am also writing to the church that meets in your house - Philemon 2

40 Paul and Silas then returned to the home of Lydia, where they met with the believers and encouraged them once more before leaving town - Acts 16:40

5 Please give my greetings to the church that meets in their home. Greet my dear friend Epenetus. He was the very first person to become a Christian in the province of Asia - Romans 16:5

Appears Paul disagrees with you Ola wink
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by aletheia(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
"Church" is an English word. It is derived from the Old English cirice and denotes a "public place of worship".

The actual Greek word translated as "church" is ekklēsia which literally means 'called out'. Thus it does not pertain to physical structures or assemblages but rather to the fact that believers are called out. . .and so truly where two or three of those of us called out are gathered together in His name, there He is in the midst of us.

The contention arises because all too often it is in the human condition to substitute form for substance.
. . .and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan. 2 Ki 18:4

1 Like

Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

There is no hiding from the fact that you detest submission to leadership in all its ramifications as this article depicts:

Spiritual rebels will always expose themselves for what they are.

This is not the example some of us have had with your church leadership in this age.

Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock - 1 Peter 5:3

Matthew 20:25-27 : Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.

Ezekiel 34:4 You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally.
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
frosbel:

"I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house" Acts 20:20

"Aquila and Prisca greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house ." 1 Cor. 16:19

15 Please give my greetings to our Christian brothers and sisters* at Laodicea, and to Nympha and those who meet in her house .- Colossians 4:15

and to our sister Apphia and to Archippus, a fellow soldier of the cross. I am also writing to the church that meets in your house - Philemon 2

40 Paul and Silas then returned to the home of Lydia, where they met with the believers and encouraged them once more before leaving town - Acts 16:40

5 Please give my greetings to the church that meets in their home. Greet my dear friend Epenetus. He was the very first person to become a Christian in the province of Asia - Romans 16:5

I do not have problems with house churches because they are biblical, at least we can identify them by name. Does your own church, if you attend any, have a name that it is identified with? and who was our Lord Jesus Christ was addressing in the verse below, did they have names?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" (Revelation 2:29).
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
frosbel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXVRFrqjXs&feature=share&list=PL532842D8006E79BC
SMDH. GETTING SCRIPTURE LESSONS FROM AN EDOMITE IS LIKE A CHINESE MAN PREPARING EFO RIRO FOR A YORUBA MAN. FROSBEL YOU AND OLAADEGBU NEED TO BE CANED FEROCIOUSLY WITH LANYARD FOR POSTING VIDEOS OF WHITE MEN TEACHING SCRIPTURES tongue YOU CANT BE TAKING BIBLICAL SCRIPTURES FROM NO HEATHEN grin
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I do not have problems with house churches because they are biblical, at least we can identify them by name. Does your own church, if you attend any, have a name that it is identified with? and who was our Lord Jesus Christ was addressing in the verse below, did they have names?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" (Revelation 2:29).

And the churches were addressed according to their locality , no ?

In other words, the church ( body of Christ ) in those areas were been addressed , not a physical building called deeperlife or rccg or whatever.

For example, the church that is in Sardis or the body of believers in Sardis ( united in One body, One Lord , One faith , One spirit and One baptism ) , were being addressed by Jesus in Revelation 3:1.

Problem with cults is they want strict organisation and structure , to enable them exert control over their members , collect tithes and offerings and influence almost every area of the member's lives for the vision of the church leader , which might not even be God's vision for those particular believers.

I was a victim of this abuse and now free, oh yes free in Christ and a member of the church in my locality.

I insist that believers are the church and we need to assemble together in 2s , 3s, 100s etc, it can be in the home, park, riverside, a physical fellowship or rented building etc.

The church needs to meet , the church does not attend church smiley

1 Like

Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13am On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:

And the churches were addressed according to their locality , no ?

In other words, the church ( body of Christ ) in those areas were been addressed , not a physical building called deeperlife or rccg or whatever.

For example, the church that is in Sardis or the body of believers in Sardis ( united in One body, One Lord , One faith , One spirit and One baptism ) , were being addressed by Jesus in Revelation 3:1.

Problem with cults is they want strict organisation and structure , to enable them exert control over their members , collect tithes and offerings and influence almost every area of the member's lives for the vision of the church leader , which might not even be God's vision for those particular believers.

I was a victim of this abuse and now free, oh yes free in Christ and a member of the church in my locality.

I insist that believers are the church and we need to assemble together in 2s , 3s, 100s etc, it can be in the home, park, riverside, a physical fellowship or rented building etc.

The church needs to meet , the church does not attend church smiley

http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-the-church.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/universal-local-church.html

When I say "structure" I know your crooked mind will think that 'am refering to structural buildings. Let me post the link of what a church is and see whether you can fathom what it's all about.

Question: "What is the church?"

Answer: Many people today understand the church as a building. This is not a biblical understanding of the church. The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building. Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.

The church is the body of Christ, of which He is the head. Ephesians 1:22-23 says, “And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.” The body of Christ is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ from the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2) until Christ’s return.

The body of Christ is comprised of two aspects:

1) The universal church consists of all those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. “For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (1 Corinthians 12:13). This verse says that anyone who believes is part of the body of Christ and has received the Spirit of Christ as evidence. The universal church of God is all those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

2) The local church is described in Galatians 1:1-2: “Paul, an apostle … and all the brothers with me, to the churches in Galatia.” Here we see that in the province of Galatia there were many churches—what we call local churches. A Baptist church, Lutheran church, Catholic church, etc., is not the church, as in the universal church—but rather is a local church, a local body of believers. The universal church is comprised of those who belong to Christ and who have trusted Him for salvation. These members of the universal church should seek fellowship and edification in a local church.

In summary, the church is not a building or a denomination. According to the Bible, the church is the body of Christ—all those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:13). Local churches are gatherings of members of the universal church. The local church is where the members of the universal church can fully apply the “body” principles of 1 Corinthians chapter 12: encouraging, teaching, and building one another up in the knowledge and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I trust spiritual rebels to muddle things up so as to confuse people and eventually lead them into the ditch. He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

I'll leave you to have the last say if that will make you feel better.
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

When I say "structure" I know your crooked mind will think that 'am refering to structural buildings. Let me post the link of what a church is and see whether you can fathom what it's all about.

I'll leave you to have the last say if that will make you feel better.

what about cults, those that control their members and look down on other churches, you know the ones that cut off from you when you leave their cult etc.
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Joagbaje(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:

Paul is not in disagreement at all. Paul had pastors under him who run churches in private homes and public places. Thatt is a local assembly . Aquila and Priscilla were example of such . They were pastors over the church which meets in their house . That doesn't mean they were family members . It's however is against your idea of "where 2 or 3 gather" there's pastoral ministry and leadership structure in the church . 2 or 3 can fellowship but its not a substitute for the church organization. Christian who work in an office can meet at lunch hour . That's fellowship but not a church substitute.

There is leadership in the church and offices which a man can not assume except he is called into it. The pastoral office is an anointed office.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief:for that is unprofitable for you.
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Joagbaje]

Paul is not in disagreement at all. Paul had pastors under him who run churches in private homes and public places. Thatt is a local assembly . Aquila and Priscilla were example of such . They were pastors over the church which meets in their house .

The bible never called Aquila and Priscilla Pastors , though this is possible, where did you get that from.

That doesn't mean they were family members .

No one said it was.

It's however is against your idea of "where 2 or 3 gather" there's pastoral ministry and leadership structure in the church . 2 or 3 can fellowship but its not a substitute for the church organization. Christian who work in an office can meet at lunch hour . That's fellowship but not a church substitute.

Wrong.

1. The Church is the body of believers and the temple is our collective indwelling by the spirit of GOD.
2. This Church can meet anywhere, private or public
3. Church organisation is around the church in a locality , not in the over 40,00 denominations, with each having it's own perculair structure which is many times unbiblical with conflicting interests and doctrines, this is babel not Zion.
4. We are not asked to go to Church , we are asked to assemble together - "not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some"
5. 2 or 3 church members gathering together is a legitimate assembly in the eyes of God because where 2 or 3 are gathered together , there he is in their midst.

There is leadership in the church and offices which a man can not assume except he is called into it. The pastoral office is an anointed office.

the roles in church are not for lordership , but for serving the body of Christ.

Besides, the roles of Pastor, Apostles etc , are not man man appointments, they are Christ initiated appointments.

"So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." - Ephesians 4:11-13

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief:for that is unprofitable for you.

The word rule does not mean to Lord it over the sheep as the worldly governing system does to it's citizens, rather it means that these Christ called believers should be careful to serve the body of Christ in their various capacities and be responsible for the welfare, safety and spiritual development of the sheep.
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Ubenedictus(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
I can't help but notice that both parties are purposely talking past each other. The whole arguement is, does d gathering of 2 or 3 random brethren mean a local church? Does d biblical local church have stucture (i dont mean buildings, i mean an organisational structure) or just anybody prays, preaches etc? Does d presence of Christ among 2 or 3 random brethren make for a substitute for d local church?
Here come questions we must ask and answer. Dey shuld be faced squarely and speaking past each other wont help.
Oga ola, d name calling too no go help d discussion, at d end everybody go commot fraustrated.
Peace
Re: Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together by Boomark(m): 8:24am On Jan 31, 2013
@joagbaje

I can see how you are teaching the truth to the flocks.

So Aquilla and prisca were pastors because they gave their house for the meeting together of the church? Is that what Paul told you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church / Karl Marx - Atheist Or Satanist? The Truth Behind The Curtain. / Does Satan Have The Power To Control The Weather?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.