Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan (7063 Views)

Gov Obiano Commissions Power-injection Substations In Anambra State (photos) / Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 4:46am On Jan 26, 2013
THE Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company has commissioned five different injection substations and replaced some obsolete and problematic panels.

The company said in a statement signed by the Principal Manager, (Public Affairs), Tokunbo Peters, that the company has successfully replaced 11KV panels with modern ones while also constructing new 11KV feeders and commissioning scores of distribution substations to deliver power to its customers.

According to the statement, the projects, which are strategically located at different parts of the company’s network include, Gaa - Imam, 1x15 MVA 33/11KV injection substation in Ilorin, Kwara State. This project has relieved the existing 1x7.5 MVA transformer at Gaa - Imam, Ilorin. Other project commissioned include, Ondo Road 2x15MVA 33/11KV injection substation in Ile-Ife, Ikirun Township 2x15MVA 33/11KV injection substation in Ikirun, all in Osun State, Mokowa 1x2.5MVA 33/11KV substation in Niger State and Igbaja 1x2.5MVA 33/11KV substation in Kwara State.

Other projects include the replacement of obsolete 11KV switchgear with a 7-panel board at Offa 2x7.5 MVA, 33/11KV injection substation in Kwara State, 11KV switchgear with a 7-panel board at Ibadan North 1x15MVA injection substation in Oyo State and replacement of obsolete 7-panel board at old Owode Road 3 x 15MVA 33/11KV injection substation in Abeokuta, Ogun State with modern ABB 11KV switchgear with a 7-board panels, replacement of obsolete and problematic 11KV panels at Eleweran injection sub station in Ogun State with modern ABB 11KV panels, and the replacement of obsolete 11KV panels at Abiola way 1 x 15MVA 33/11KV injection substation Abeokuta, Ogun State with modern panels and installation of 11KV Tarvida panel at  Eleyele 2x15MVA 33/11KV injection substation for Ologuneru 11kV feeder in Oyo state.

In addition to injecting more power transformers to its network, the company also constructed scores of 11KV feeders in different locations of its network. Among these feeders are GRA and Baba Ode 11KV feeders in Ilorin, and Ologuneru 11KV overhead line to separate Ologuneru leg from the existing 11KV industrial feeder in Ibadan, Oyo State.

These projects which are spread across Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kwara and Niger states have not only improved the quality of power supply to customers in the company’s network, but it has also increased the capacity of the company to evacuate more power from the Transmission company of Nigeria to the Nigerian public. Thus, majority of the company’s customers now enjoy longer hours of power supply with very little interruptions.

The statement added that similar projects, which are at varying stages of completion will be completed this year and this will bring a lot of improvement to areas still experiencing poor service delivery.

Also, scores of distribution substations were commissioned in 2012 to relieve over loaded substations and improve the quality of power delivered to the public. The company is presently allocating more distribution transformers for replacement and upgrading of failed ones to the 22 business units in its network spread across Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kwara, states and parts of Niger, Kogi and Ekiti states.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the company, Bolaji Oyesiku stressed that the company is committed towards ensuring quality service to all the nooks and crannies of its network, but the company needs the customers’ support and co-operation in order to achieve the set objectives.

Thus, the statement enjoined the company’s customers to reciprocate its efforts towards improved service delivery by prompt and regular payment of electricity bills.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111211:phcn-commissions-five-injection-stations-in-ibadan&catid=94:energy-report&Itemid=592

2 Likes

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by braine(m): 4:49am On Jan 26, 2013
This one is just story. We need to see the electricity. angry

2 Likes

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by nameo: 4:58am On Jan 26, 2013
Hmmm? Its like most of the power projects would really come on stream this year like they said. The number of such projects on this section today testifies to that.

We Pray o.

1 Like

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 26, 2013
Things are happening everywhere. But bad-belle people will chop the dividends of democracy courtesy GEJ, clean mouth and still come here to insult GEJ.

Anyway, the real people on ground are counting their blessings and will speak with their thumb at an appropriate time.

The noise makers and HATERS on NL can continue punching air.

11 Likes

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by LagosBoi2(m): 10:01am On Jan 26, 2013
Story...story??.......story
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by sammmiey1: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2013
@SEUN..!I'd like 2chnge my username
2'JOKERZ'..I dnt knw y iv nt bn attendd 2 yet,but if
it were 2b sum worth hidden posts dey get attention
speedily.
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by solomon111(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Things are happening everywhere. But bad-belle people will chop the dividends of democracy courtesy GEJ, clean mouth and still come here to insult GEJ.

Anyway, the real people on ground are counting their blessings and will speak with their thumb at an appropriate time.

very funny,but true.
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by fittty(m): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2013
Someone please translate this into English pls.... undecided
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by donsax: 10:14am On Jan 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Things are happening everywhere. But bad-belle people will chop the dividends of democracy courtesy GEJ, clean mouth and still come here to insult GEJ.

Shut the fv ck...all these are noise pollution...we read this daily but no action...we just had 3days black out in many area in ilorin.....light is suck here.

3 Likes

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by peace3: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2013
[b]GOOD ONE BUT THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.MOST OF THE OVER $24BILLION DOLLARS EXPENDED BY THE OBASANJO ADMINISTRATION
ON POWER IS YIELDING FRUITFUL RESULTS AS WE ALL KNOW IT TAKES BETWEEN 5-10 YEARS FOR THE DIVIDENDS TO SHOW UP.
HOWEVER,THE CONSPIRACY NIGERIANS AREN'T AWARE IS THAT,NOW THAT MOST OF THE GENERATING,TRANSMITTING STATIONS
AND DISTRIBUTION STATIONS ARE COMING UP,IT ALSO COINCIDE WITH F.G PLANS TO PRIVATIZE THE SECTOR.THE GRAMMAR
IN SHORT IS THIS:PUBLIC FUNDS SPENT FOR POWER IMPROVEMENT AND SELL TO FOREIGN INVESTORS (IBB,ABDULSALAMI,OBJ,GOODLUCK,EMEKA
OFFOR,TINUBU,DANGOTE AND PDP COHORTS)TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS.NIGERIANS WILL SOON UNDERSTAND WHEN BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT YEAR,
THE NIPP(F.G PROJECTS)WILL INJECTS BETWEEN 4000MW-6500MW INTO THE GRID AND ALL THESE FUNDS ARE PUBLIC MONIES.IT IS THESE
[i]FOREIGN INVESTORS
THAT HAVE DONE LITTLE OR NOTHING(BECAUSE THE MONEY THEY ARE PAYING FOR PHCN AS SUCCESSOR'S COMPANIES ARE
ALSO BANKS LOANS WITH CBN APPROVAL)WILL ENJOY AND RIP OFF MY FELLOW COUNTRY MEN.I PRAY THAT NIGERIANS TAKES THEIR
DESTINY IN 2015.THEY KILLED NITEL WITH SWEET AND COGENT REASONS YET THEY HAVE SHARES IN THESE COMPANIES(MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT).
SAME IS HAPPENING IN PHCN BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THAT THEY HAVE FAILED NIGERIANS BUT THE CAUSE LIES WITH THE F.G FOR NOT INVESTING
ENOUGH IN THE PAST.WAKE UP PEOPLE,I AM IN THE SYSTEM AND I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING. [/b][/i] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by sylvar02(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2013
donsax:
Shut the fv ck...all these are noise pollution...we read this daily but no action...we just had 3days black out in many area in ilorin.....light is suck here.

Easy bruv....
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by ajbabs(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2013
donsax:
Guy, I feel ur pain, even in my area for the past two days now no light though some other places in d surrounding are having it up to 23hours per day. So, d problem might be frm ur substation.
The truth is even in US dey dont achieve 100% nationwide.
If ur transformer get blown off does dat mean govt. isnt working? NO

4 Likes

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by RedLight1: 10:34am On Jan 26, 2013

i really dont like GEJ and his laptop gangsters but i must admit the power thing has really improved...its almost like 5 minutes in 48 hours at my area now and i must give kudos to gej for that ...he has really done well but can do better in power sector

1 Like

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by RedLight1: 10:35am On Jan 26, 2013
donsax:
may be the problem is with the transformer or sumtin ... may be u guys should call the power station
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by Reference(m): 10:41am On Jan 26, 2013
peace-1:
[b]GOOD ONE BUT THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.MOST OF THE OVER $24BILLION DOLLARS EXPENDED BY THE OBASANJO ADMINISTRATION
ON POWER IS YIELDING FRUITFUL RESULTS AS WE ALL KNOW IT TAKES BETWEEN 5-10 YEARS FOR THE DIVIDENDS TO SHOW UP.
HOWEVER,THE CONSPIRACY NIGERIANS AREN'T AWARE IS THAT,NOW THAT MOST OF THE GENERATING,TRANSMITTING STATIONS
AND DISTRIBUTION STATIONS ARE COMING UP,IT ALSO COINCIDE WITH F.G PLANS TO PRIVATIZE THE SECTOR.THE GRAMMAR
IN SHORT IS THIS:PUBLIC FUNDS SPENT FOR POWER IMPROVEMENT AND SELL TO FOREIGN INVESTORS (IBB,ABDULSALAMI,OBJ,GOODLUCK,EMEKA
OFFOR,TINUBU,DANGOTE AND PDP COHORTS)TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS.NIGERIANS WILL SOON UNDERSTAND WHEN BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT YEAR,
THE NIPP(F.G PROJECTS)WILL INJECTS BETWEEN 4000MW-6500MW INTO THE GRID AND ALL THESE FUNDS ARE PUBLIC MONIES.IT IS THESE
[i]FOREIGN INVESTORS
THAT HAVE DONE LITTLE OR NOTHING(BECAUSE THE MONEY THEY ARE PAYING FOR PHCN AS SUCCESSOR'S COMPANIES ARE
ALSO BANKS LOANS WITH CBN APPROVAL)WILL ENJOY AND RIP OFF MY FELLOW COUNTRY MEN.I PRAY THAT NIGERIANS TAKES THEIR
DESTINY IN 2015.THEY KILLED NITEL WITH SWEET AND COGENT REASONS YET THEY HAVE SHARES IN THESE COMPANIES(MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT).
SAME IS HAPPENING IN PHCN BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THAT THEY HAVE FAILED NIGERIANS BUT THE CAUSE LIES WITH THE F.G FOR NOT INVESTING
ENOUGH IN THE PAST.WAKE UP PEOPLE,I AM IN THE SYSTEM AND I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING. [/b][/i] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

You are in the system eh. Well, congrats. Because the system will soon be locked up and sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic just like NITEL. Yes we regret spending money on renovating the car and selling it at a loss to our lenders but we will never regret selling. No one who works in PHCN or its affiliates should have the temerity to complain. You guys caused this mess in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by taharqa: 10:49am On Jan 26, 2013

grin grin grin
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by ibsmooth: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2013
i think u got it wrong.this guy have a good reason(s).dont throw the baby and the bath water.i dislike phcn but he is right in his write up.
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by peace3: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Reference:

You are in the system eh. Well, congrats. Because the system will soon be locked up and sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic just like NITEL. Yes we regret spending money on renovating the car and selling it at a loss to our lenders but we will never regret selling. No one who works in PHCN or its affiliates should have the temerity to complain. You guys caused this mess in the first place.
MY FRIEND I DONT WORK WITH PHCN.WHAT I MEAN THE SYSTEM IS BEYOND PHCN.YOU DONT EXPECT ME TO SAY ON THIS PLATFORM,TO HELL IF PHCN PERFORMS OR NOT.I THINK IT SERVES ME RIGHT AND I SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO SAY NEXT TIME.BUT THE ISSUE STILL REMAINS THAT WE ARE MYOPIC IN MOST OF THE THINGS WE DO.ALL THE BEST.
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by Ademolaajibade: 11:18am On Jan 26, 2013
same old stories... spare us the details and lets see the light
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by PointB: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2013
Fixing the power sector is the right thing to do. Well done PHCN/FG/GEJ and all those responsible for the improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by bigfat01: 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
THERE IS PROGRESS I SEE..

Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by kayLion(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
In the part of Ibadan that i stay,Power has being pretty stable..i can say more than 20hrs per day buh that's just for where i stay o..dont know about other areas
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by afm4ever(m): 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ok na
Re: Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan by teskyg: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Good job GEJ.The merger will be a laughing stock soon when GEJ perform before 2015

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Most Corrupt States In Nigeria: 2011/2014 Ranking / 2019: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Set To Decamp To APC (pics) / NEMA To Declare “national Disaster” On Flooding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.