Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Silverbird Cinemas Port Harcourt - Fun House Or Sweat Shop? - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Silverbird Cinemas Port Harcourt - Fun House Or Sweat Shop? (1577 Views)

The Root In Silverbird Valentine Special Evening / An Open Letter To Silverbird / Watch Face Of Okija Live On Silverbird Tv! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Silverbird Cinemas Port Harcourt - Fun House Or Sweat Shop? by motoman: 5:45am On Jan 26, 2013
For a while now I have been contemplating how to pass this message to the management of Silverbird cinemas concerning the miserable state in which the cinema complex in phc is kept. I was there two days ago to see the new flick - Django Unchained, and as we watched this movie, I noticed the air conditioning was not working properly, resulting in major sweating. People were using flyers and hankies to fan themselves, and I asked myself.....did I pay for a sauna session or to see a movie?

Now its important to let you know this is not just a one time AC malfunction as this has been on for more than a year now. I know this because it is the major reason why I stopped my frequent visits to this cinemas for a longtime.

The big question is? Is the management claiming that they are unaware of this situation? Or are they saying it is totally beyond them? May I remind them that they are not doing us a favor, but are providing a service, which we pay handsomely for...the least we ask for is decent air-conditioning.

A friend once said, "Silverbird management isn't interested in the phc cinema, as they only built that scrappy place to secure the land for future purposes" I didn't believe at the time, but with the lackadaisical attitude displayed in upkeep of phc facilities, compared to their other cinemas, I'm inclined to agree now.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas Port Harcourt - Fun House Or Sweat Shop? by ijebabe: 10:40am On Jan 26, 2013
I guess service doesn't mean much to the management. People should stop going there then they will reconsider.

You should take photos for those of us who haven't been there.

(1) (Reply)

Lara George & Husband Mark 9th Wedding Anniversary – Read Her Tribute To Hubby / Kenyan Artiste Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With A Burial/gravesite Cake (PHOTOS / Man Put Snakes In Mouth For A Living - (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.