Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

15 Weird Laws Around The World - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Weird Laws Around The World (23377 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o / Laws Of Igboland (Iwu Obodo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by RedLight1: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
vivacious vivi:

No dear, No. 3 is NOT true
it was like that b4.. May be they cancelled it becoz uae is now like a tourist center that attracts many foreigners.. Buh b4 u must provide marriage cert b4 u and opposite sex can lodge in hotel there

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
If you sell or eat bush meat in the open in some parts of northern Nigeria,You will be killed. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by sambos994(m): 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wait....what's wrong with number 8?
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by FXKing2012(m): 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
enigmagu1:

nigeria is not lawless the problem is enforcement sir...
I beg to differ, when the laws of a country are not obeyed then such a country is said to be lawless...
A country where jungle-justice is a norm is lawless sir.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
Placing a postage stamp with the queens/monarch head upside down on an envelope is considered an act of treason in the uk

If you kill a deer while driving,you can not eat it,however the next person who comes along can.

old english law..In york,excluding sundays,it is legal to shoot a scotsman with bow and arrow.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
for rule no 12....

The reason is because the british govt is very stingy..if you die in the house of parliament,you are eligible for a state funeral,and the govt consider it expensive to give anyone state burial.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by FXKing2012(m): 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
gbosaa: Placing a postage stamp with the queens/monarch head upside down on an envelope is considered an act of treason in the uk

If you kill a deer while driving,you can not eat it,however the next person who comes along can.

old english law..In york,excluding sundays,it is legal to shoot a scotsman with bow and arrow.
lmfao.....
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by salt1: 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Morocco, if you molest an underaged girl, you marry her, because loss of virginity means zero chance of finding a husband. One such girl who was married off to her assailant recently committed suicide because of abuse. They're trying to change the law
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by nikkyshyne(f): 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Florida, it is illegal to fart in public after six o'clock in the evening on Sundays.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by dokunbam(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
dont fart when with your elders
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Abbey2sam(m): 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
8. The higher or lower your earning income is in Finland, accordingly you will be charged for breaking traffic laws.

@op how pls
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by anulaxad(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
CohenJane:

Ashewo

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by lifesabeach: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nos. 8, 9, 10 and 13 should be used here in Naija... would be fun to see the offenders being prosecuted grin
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by nerodenero: 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
Leboska: 16. As wiered as it may appear u dare not mention garri in nairaland u will be severely punished or ban.
Seems the mods have problem with the word.Maybe at the mention of the name ...,confusion is set in some quarters
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Dawdy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Nigeria, u dare not steal, unless ure politician.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
IN SOME PARTS OF THE US, POLYGAMY IS ILLEGAL WHEREAS GAY MARRIAGE IS LEGAL.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Timah247(f): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
Number 12 doesn't make sense
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by aijaydiva(f): 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
Leboska: 16. As wiered as it may appear u dare not mention garri in nairaland u will be severely punished or ban.
i cant help but ask. Why is it so
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by dnawah(m): 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
10)In washington,it's illegal to hav s.ex with a virgin under any circumstances,including d wedding nyte!(WTF! I don't even get dis one!)[/quote]virgin no dey there jo

1 Like

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by ucheheart(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
And i say where there is no law there is no sin.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by somegirl1: 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
Paroh_frey: Is No 3 really true? I doubt.
It is. Applies to local hotels in most Islamic countries
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by jechona(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
in India, women don't go out after 7pm except if being accompanied by a man.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Sagewood: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
No. 12 is beyond stupid. What were the British thinking?
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by question(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Saudi Arabia:
1. girls and women of all ages are forbidden from traveling, studying, or working without permission from their male guardians.
2. girls and women of all ages are forbidden from driving
3. girls and women of all ages are forbidden from voting
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by simdam500(m): 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
Lolz. @ 3. Even if it btw d nigeria laws, me sef cant do it.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by adefash(m): 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
FXKing2012: We need these laws in Nigeria - Nigeria is too lawless.
all the laws are not found in just one country my guy. take sofry vex ooo.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Abrantie: 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2013

This is the weirdest.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Abrantie: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
chreld_b: Here's one weird and interesting law in the UK that I just found out yesterday out of curiosity. I used to see ducks and swans walking around in the UK like say dem self na citizen. dem go de even de chance human being for road self. I started wondering e be like say these animals no know say dem be better meat for human beings o! Especially the swans, they are the size and even bigger than turkeys. Me I know say if that kind tin de happen for 9ja those animals for don go extinct 50 years ago. Anyways I asked google and aparently the answer I got was that the reason swans are referred to as majestic animals is because they literally all belong the her majesty the queen of England. So a law was passed criminalising the hunting and eating of swan meat punishable by death sometime in the 17th century. The interesting thing is that the law and its punishment has not been modified till date. Sometimes I go just de look all those animals de talk for mind say if only una de 9ja una for hear am for inside pot cheesy.

My guy, in the US it is squirrels. Those rodents dey all over the place and I'm sure their meat tastes like grasscutter.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Abrantie: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
chreld_b: Here's one weird and interesting law in the UK that I just found out yesterday out of curiosity. I used to see ducks and swans walking around in the UK like say dem self na citizen. dem go de even de chance human being for road self. I started wondering e be like say these animals no know say dem be better meat for human beings o! Especially the swans, they are the size and even bigger than turkeys. Me I know say if that kind tin de happen for 9ja those animals for don go extinct 50 years ago. Anyways I asked google and aparently the answer I got was that the reason swans are referred to as majestic animals is because they literally all belong the her majesty the queen of England. So a law was passed criminalising the hunting and eating of swan meat punishable by death sometime in the 17th century. The interesting thing is that the law and its punishment has not been modified till date. Sometimes I go just de look all those animals de talk for mind say if only una de 9ja una for hear am for inside pot cheesy.

My guy, in the US it is squirrels. Those rodents dey all over the place and I'm sure their meat tastes like grasscutter.

Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by adefash(m): 12:12am On Jan 27, 2013
FXKing2012: We need these laws in Nigeria - Nigeria is too lawless.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 27, 2013
You should be banned for your terrible english.
Re: 15 Weird Laws Around The World by cho25bc(f): 12:27am On Jan 27, 2013
3 and 13 stl make sense though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) / Dallas Has Officially Declared October 7, 2023 As Yoruba Festival Day / Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.