Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Read Your Way To Stardom - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read Your Way To Stardom (887 Views)

[story] Journey To Stardom / When Millions Of People Read Your Work, You Think You Will Be Happy / Write To Stardom. Read Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read Your Way To Stardom by wakes: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
"Want to become a world-renowned expert in your career field? If you read 50 books per year in your field (about a book a week), you'll be an international expert within 5-7 years.

I adopted this habit many, many years ago, and it has made all the difference in my life. When the average adult doesn't even read one nonfiction book per year, reading 1000 books in your field will give you so much expertise that you'll always be a hot commodity in any economic situation.

If you have no time to read, listen to audiobooks. There are even phone apps and such which permit you to listen at 2x speed.

How much knowledge and expertise do you think you'd pick up if you adopted a regular habit of expanding your knowledge into your core area of expertise?

So pick a book you'll finish this week, divide the content length by 7 (or 5 if you're doing weekdays only), and digest that much content each day. You'll be a world-class expert in your field before you know it."

I got that piece from some site and felt I share with you guys.
Enjoy!
Re: Read Your Way To Stardom by wakes: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2019
Reading is one of the best investment in time.
God is good! Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

A Teacher And Student Love Story / The ONE Thing You Must Do To Succeed Online As A Writer. / The Great Train Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.