Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria (11304 Views)

Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / Balotelli And Rossi To Lead Attack Against Nigeria / Ethiopia Will Lose The Match Against Nigeria If? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
AT LAST! NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria

Nigeria have written to CAF to formally protest what officials consider to be unfair refereeing decisions.

The Super Eagles received multiple bookings and one red card in their opening game against Burkina Faso as they drew 1-1.

On Friday, they were again the victims of even more controversial refereeing, as Ogenyi Onazi was penalised with a penalty for what looked an innocuous coming together just outside the box.

On Saturday, the NFF fired of a testy letter to CAF complaining about the treatment of its team and requesting fairer treatment.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/32497/nigeria-protest-refereeing-decisions-in-africa-cup-of-nations

Any nonsense decisions in the game against Ethiopia, and our boys should ABANDON THE GAME, and publicly SPIT in the face of Hayatou and his corrupt CAF.

17 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Peezol: 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
It's a pity we've completely lost out in the politics of the game in Africa. What moral justification has CAF to exclude our referees from this tournament. We've always been at the receiving end of the unprofessional displays of north African referee. I don't want to believe yet that it's a calculated attempt of CAF to bundle us out of this competition until the next match. I just pray our boys we be on top of proceedings on tuesday just like other desperate Countries like Ivory Coast. God have mercy.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Abrantie: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
It's about time dammit! I want Nigeria to be beaten by other teams, not by a bunch of clueless out of shape referees with bad eye sights.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
The Nigerian coach, Keshi should have protested after that match but he chose to act diplomatic. He's waiting till when Nigeria is kicked out of the competition to use that as an excuse.

4 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by 190theclown: 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
grin grin
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
This won't change anything. Our boys just have to be prepared to play not only against Ethiopia but also a potentially dubious set of officials!
God help them

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by gramci: 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
I de laugh
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by yomip3t(m): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
rubbish !!! score and have 3points.... thats all that matters

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by izenco2005(m): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
I hate complain

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Morgan1092(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
I jst hope we qualify 4rm dat group. Den we screw all d AFCON 2013 Officials.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by solomon111(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
yomip3t: rubbish !!! score and have 3points.... thats all that matters
you are a moronn.
How will you have 3 points,when the one you scored is cancelled by incompetent refeering.

7 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by SisiKill1: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Welcome to Nigeria where someone else is responsible for everybody's problem.

Always the victim never the victor.

5 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Okworigeorge(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2013
9ja n dia problem....super chickens no fit win match, hw e take b ref fault
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2013
So much for fresh air......smiley
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
You see it, when one can't perform he/she will look for who to blame.

If our super chicken can't beat those countries let them come back now if possible.

Wait.. if they commit soccer offence which requires pk or red card because Naija is winning the ref should just ignore it abi?

Are they the only country in this AFCON.

Our boiz na wash.
Score the goal not the pitch.

I hate complains.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by CohenJane: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
DSTV service was epileptic like NEPA during the proceedings of the game. I can say I only watched about 45% of the playing time. Most worrisome is that I have not seen that issue being brought up on this forum. This makes me to conclude that may be it was my decoder that has the problem after-all. So, I didn't see what led to our own penalty kick which mikel lost. However, a friend who watched what led to our own PK confirmed to me that our own PK too does not deserve being given. i could remember telling a friend before the end of the match (even before I heard from my friend) that if our penalty was questionable, the referee is going to compensate Zambia too, and this I think was what happened. The call may not have actually been a PK but we were both given the chances (in error though) and while one took his own, the other lost his.

4 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Fiawest(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
Campaign after election...anyway its better late than never.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
izenco2005: I hate complain
NFF should petition newc,utd and Reading for nt relising Amobi and Shitu. nt ref. grow up my country haba.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by jude33084(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
Τhis is Sad, very sad. I knew it will come to τhis because Nigeria has never supported Mr CAF.
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by richjohn1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
We can whine and whine for all I care failure is failure! When we will start taking responsibilties in dis jungle called Nigeria, someone else is always against us nonsense!

Protest my foot!!!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Azubreezy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
Just because the super eagles are having a hard time does not give any myopic refree a yardstick to ruin the game. Any team better than eagles should beat eagles. But without the ref's help. This is my humble submission

10 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Shynumuolu(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
ROSSIKE: AT LAST! NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria

Nigeria have written to CAF to formally protest what officials consider to be unfair refereeing decisions.

The Super Eagles received multiple bookings and one red card in their opening game against Burkina Faso as they drew 1-1.

On Friday, they were again the victims of even more controversial refereeing, as Ogenyi Onazi was penalised with a penalty for what looked an innocuous coming together just outside the box.

On Saturday, the NFF fired of a testy letter to CAF complaining about the treatment of its team and requesting fairer treatment.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/32497/nigeria-protest-refereeing-decisions-in-africa-cup-of-nations

Any nonsense decisions in the game against Ethiopia, and our boys should ABANDON THE GAME, and publicly SPIT in the face of Hayatou and his corrupt CAF.

cant nigeria remove issa hayatou as d president of caf. His tenure has never helped the progress of d game in nigeria. Remember henry nwosus disallowed goal in morrocco 1988; victor ikpebas disallowed pen in 2000

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by jude33084(m): 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
CohenJane: DSTV service was epileptic like NEPA during the proceedings of the game. I can say I only watched about 45% of the playing time. Most worrisome is that I have not seen that issue being brought up on this forum. This makes me to conclude that may be it was my decoder that has the problem after-all. So, I didn't see what led to our own penalty kick which mikel lost. However, a friend who watched what led to our own PK confirmed to me that our own PK too does not deserve being given. i could remember telling a friend before the end of the match (even before I heard from my friend) that if our penalty was questionable, the referee is going to compensate Zambia too, and this I think was what happened. The call may not have actually been a PK but we were both given the chances (in error though) and while one took his own, the other lost his.

So in your school of thought even if the foul was not commited inside the box, penalty should be given to compensate Zambia? Haba!

7 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by mikymouse1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
Azubreezy: Just because the super eagles are having a hard time does not give any myopic refree a yardstick to ruin the game. Any team better than eagles should beat eagles. But without the ref's help. This is my humble submission
You have spoken well!

3 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by hollandis(f): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
when you have a high scoring game ,you wont mind a refree cheat.Shoot first ask questins letter
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yes, the penarity against Zambia was not a penalty. That Bororo Referee made a wrong decision.
But I think we v not been playing to the point of beating off our opponents, even if them do ojoro (cheating). I support NFF's decision to protest to CAF. Moreso, it's unjust that no Nigerian Referee made it to this tourney. We'v got many competent Refs, that are better than those Bororos that officiated B/Faso & Zambia game.

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by jude33084(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
rich_john: We can whine and whine for all I care failure is failure! When we will start taking responsibilties in dis jungle called Nigeria, someone else is always against us nonsense!

Protest my foot!!!

If you are living in the jungle with your family please dont drag the rest people into it cheesy

7 Likes

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by CohenJane: 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
jude33084:

So in your school of thought even the foul was not commited inside the box it, penalty should be given to compensate Zambia? Haba!

No, not my school of thought. It is something I have been observing for long in the game of football. Referees always find a way of compensating for their earlier errors, provided it wasn't intentional. Recall I said our own PK too was not a good call according to the friend who watched it.

Okiki Oluwa: Yes, the penarity against Zambia was not a penalty
Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Donmams(m): 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
Let them start scoring three or four goals and let's see who can rob them. 1-0 is never a comfortable scoreline. Rotten eagles

1 Like

Re: NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria by Ogbuefienubiaka: 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
Zambia deserved the point

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5+odd Football Trading (daily) / Barcelona's Pique Out For 3-5 Months With Knee Injury In Atletico Defeat / Neymar Wants To Return To Barca, But We Have Not Made Contact - Barca VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.