Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? (2582 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by daylae(m): 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
Moving to a new house, we all hope that our neighbours are going to be friendly and reasonable, but unfortunately some people just aren’t easy to get along with. While being tolerant is the key, there can be a point where tolerance is no longer an option and you really have to start dealing with any problems you’re having

I know people have put posts on here before about their neighbours,but how do you deal with Neighbours that give you grief and blight your lifes ?

Maybe they blast loud music through your walls.
Or their dogs are always barking - and being a nusisance.
Whatever it is - that your neighbours do - that effects your everyday life............
How do you deal with it in the best way ?
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Afam4eva(m): 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
One of the ways to avoid problems with your neighbors is to mind your business but unfortunately here in Nigeria, there are other way through which your neighbor can annoy you. Unfortunately, there are no laws in Nigeria that protects you from these kinds of thing. So, the best you can do is to try to talk to your neighbor to see reason with you. Unfortunately again, a lot of them don't care about anyone else except themselves, so you may just have to endure of movement and find a more peaceful place.

1 Like

Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by tpia1: 12:19am On Jan 27, 2013
Op

Are you an armed robber?

obviously, if you wanted to pull some stunts on your neighbour, then you wouldnt want to be caught while doing so.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 27, 2013
tpia1: Op

Are you an armed robber?

obviously, if you wanted to pull some stunts on your neighbour, then you wouldnt want to be caught while doing so.
Does one have to be an armed robber before they can ask for help on how to deal with troublesome neighbours?
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by tpia1: 3:07am On Jan 27, 2013
^ this lady, stop stalking me PLEASE! I take Jesus beg you. If you dont believe in Jesus then i take Allah beg you.

Did i steal your man?

Why must you constantly reply my posts everytime even when i ignore yours?
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 27, 2013
tpia1 , tpiah & Tpia@ are you the same handle? In confused now.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by greatgod2012(f): 4:44am On Jan 27, 2013
@op, be friendly with them and through that, you will be able to exchange your likes and dislikes, they will also do d same, and you stand to be good neighbours to yourselves.
It is not good not to be friendly with neighbours, sometimes, you might just need their emergency assistance, and when you are not friendly with each other, it becomes difficult to call on them. God forbid bad things, if anything unexpected happens, they are d first set of pple who will show up for help. So, be tolerant and friendly with them, it helps.
May God help us all.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by tpia1: 4:59am On Jan 27, 2013
if you notice i tend to avoid your posts, then please avoid mine.

i'd appeciate it if you return the favour- its very aggravating when i'm trying to be polite but folks keep getting in my face for whatever reason they feel justifies this.

i don talk my own o,
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 27, 2013
tpia1: if you notice i tend to avoid your posts, then please avoid mine.

i'd appeciate it if you return the favour- its very aggravating when i'm trying to be polite but folks keep getting in my face for whatever reason they feel justifies this.

i don talk my own o,

Are you talking to me or fellis? grin
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by tpia1: 6:09am On Jan 27, 2013
that was for you.

i already replied fellis.

please stop responding to my posts.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 27, 2013
tpia1: ^ this lady, stop stalking me PLEASE! I take Jesus beg you. If you dont believe in Jesus then i take Allah beg you.

Did i steal your man?

Why must you constantly reply my posts everytime even when i ignore yours?
Stalk you how? Have I ever addressed you on Nairaland before today?
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 27, 2013
Just be tolerant,but don't fail to show ur dislike for somethings to them,but be diplomatic when showing your dislike to avoid creating,or fueling hatred between you,and the neighbour.

Tolerance is the key word here.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 27, 2013
Ive dealt with mine by knocking on their door and politely telling them what is bothering me. I find most people are willing to work with me, if I talk to them and in a respectful way.

If problems still persists, then talk to your landlord(if it applys) or sometimes ,all one can do, is move elsewhere.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by daylae(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
tpia1: Op

Are you an armed robber?

armed robber? lol. . . way off limit. . . .i actually asked the question to get some views,cus sure we don't always get along with our neihgbours,but having a good relationship with them is very crucial. Apology accepted!
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by EfemenaXY: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
daylae: Moving to a new house, we all hope that our neighbours are going to be friendly and reasonable, but unfortunately some people just aren’t easy to get along with. While being tolerant is the key, there can be a point where tolerance is no longer an option and you really have to start dealing with any problems you’re having

I know people have put posts on here before about their neighbours,but how do you deal with Neighbours that give you grief and blight your lifes ?

Maybe they blast loud music through your walls.
Or their dogs are always barking - and being a nusisance.
Whatever it is - that your neighbours do - that effects your everyday life............
How do you deal with it in the best way ?

The action(s) you'll take depend on your location, really.

Here in the UK, if you've got persistently noisy neighbours constantly blaring loud music at unsociable hours, or have dogs that bark non-stop, a simple call to the Noise Team in your borough should sort them out. Chances are, such neighbours are deadbeats on welfare/benefits living in council flats. With the noise team on their case, they'll pay your neighbours a visit and ask them to tone it down AND at the same time serve them a verbal warning.

If they persist with the noise pollution, then the council / noise team can take matters further up which would involve your neighbours getting court summons resulting in a hefty fine and the threat of being thrown out of their accommodation.

The beauty of all this is that you the complainer remains anonymous to them thereby reducing the chances of your neighbour realising who "grassed" them up.

Don't know how it works in Naija but I think the suggestion of discussing it with your neighbour politely or taking matters up with the landlord seems okay.

1 Like

Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
tpia1: that was for you.

i already replied fellis.

please stop responding to my posts.

Okay but you respond to my posts everytime undecided how's that fair tho? I was just confused bout your handles and needed clarification but I guess they're all yours now that you're offended by my question.

OP ... Sorry I bout all that^^.... but I need to ask a question ; have you approached them in person to table your concerns ? I mean y'all are human beings , talk to them and see what happens.

That being said , there are some factors you can't prevent from happening when you live a a certain environment... dog barking for example.
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by EfemenaXY: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
chaircover: Efe it goes on more than that o! When our tenant became a nuisance to her neighbors, the council wrote us a very strongly worded letter telling us to do something about it! We were lucky and in a month or so, she just moved out on her own accord. There is a part 2 and 3 to this story but I will leave that for another day grin

Yeah, I think the reason the council focused their attention on you guys was because the lady in question was renting from you and not them (council). Come to think of it, they do check to see if the noise maker is their tenant or not. Anyway, good thing she left of her own accord.

Re: the part 2 and 3 of this story...would it by any chance have anything to do with her not wanting to pay up? Dragging up her "rights" and how she is protected from the landlord throwing her out for non-payment of rent?? grin

Those stories abound everywhere my sister grin grin
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by Gboliwe: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dealing with noisy neigbours is easier than dealing with a noisy roommate.
Both are tasking though
Re: Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours? by AlmondDeJoy: 1:13am On Jan 29, 2013
That is some living hell meehhn!
Imagine coming to your home to catch high-blood pressure daily!
Your neighbour should be like a 'second police' force to look out for you.
I think I would be nice to them at all costs. . . maybe they would be nice to me in return! cry

It is not easy to move o! Chai!!!
I will go on my knees for sure. . . .

But thank my AGNOSTIC GOD!!! I HAVE FANTASTIC NEIGHBOURS. . . I NEVER SEE THEM!!!! cool
I LIVE AT THE CUL-DE-SAC TOO! cool

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. / How To Cure My Anger That Is Affecting My Relationship / Christmas Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.