Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. (2487 Views)

My Husband Wants To Use Me For Money Rituals / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by ConfessionsNgr: 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hello everyone, please I need your urgent advice on this trivial issue
because I don't want it to break my home. I'm a married woman with three kids. My husband is a Civil Engineer while I work in a bank. I was working as a cashier before my transfer to the marketing department of the bank. When I told my husband about it he kicked against it vehemently and said if I can't be posted to other departments, I should resign from the job. I pleaded with him and assured him that I will be loyal to him and I will never cheat on him. Of course am not a baby and I know why he is never in support of this. But all my pleas fell on deaf ears. Take it or leave it, my salary plays its part in family finance, we are not that financially bouyant and besides I hate being idle. To get another job is not an easy task. The issue of my job is already turning my home into a battle ground. Please help!!

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/147/my-husband-wants-me-to-quit-my-job
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cococandy(f): 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
Don't quit your job woman.

OP where do you find all these your stories?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by DuchessLily(f): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmm.... Babe choose ye this day whom u will serve.... Ur home or job??

Men r like that... Very jealous and protective of their own .. Especially the ones that Knw what they do with other pple's girls outside

Since he won't listen to u, I would advice u plead with boss in d office to transfer u to anoda department or u start looking for anoda job or if u have capital u can set up a business for urself. being idle is not good at all and not interesting too
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by bossmeround(f): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
pls try n put it into prayer they might trf u back to operations.ur home is important as well as ur job. i also work in d bank. mktg is not easy , alot happens there, d target is sometin else .yr husy don't want to loose you(just kidding) alternatively, tell him to set up a biz for you.goodluck.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by ConfessionsNgr: 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
cococandy:
Don't quit your job woman.

OP where do you find all these your stories?

They are posted, most times anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cococandy(f): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
ConfessionsNgr:

They are posted, most times anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com

So after we type all our comments, will they read it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 22, 2015
So u want to market his "properties" along abi, well datz what every sensible man wld do. Dere is no how u won't straff to meet target. Take it or leave it.

U better quit dat job!
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cococandy(f): 3:04am On Jul 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
So u want to market his "properties" along abi, well datz what every sensible man wld do. Dere is no how u won't straff to meet target. Take it or leave it.

U better quit dat job!

Why must she 'strafe' to meet target?
Are we really that twisted as a nation?

as if after one year of staying at home and asking for money for everything, he won't begin to complain.

Quitting your job especially is naija where getting another is not easy is a risky business. Much less when it is done for irrelevant reasons like an insecure spouse.

I don't know if the people in the story are even real. But if they are, that babe shouldn't make the mistake of quitting.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Ewuro4: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2015
Reminds me of a Nollywood movie- The Banker

If that's indeed how marketers rep job is done then I'd say find another job ma'am. If not but just an exaggeration , then keep your job.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2015
cococandy:

Why must she 'strafe' to meet target?
Are we really that twisted as a nation?

as if after one year of staying at home and asking for money for everything, he won't begin to complain.

Quitting your job especially is naija where getting another is not easy is a risky business. Much less when it is done for irrelevant reasons like an insecure spouse.

I don't know if the people in the story are even real. But if they are, that babe shouldn't make the mistake of quitting.

Baby woman, dis is naija, guess u not anywhere close. D targets dey set here is like mount kilimanjaro, looking at d lady she sounds too ambitious cum a career person dat can do anytin to hit d target. I prefer she resigns and save d cookies for her husband, its is no secret dat most nigerian men sleeps wif ladies(marketers) just to deposit change into dem bank. If am d husband, its either u resign dat work, or u leave my house. Don't blame me, its d system.
How is yankee dear?
Lalasticlala still dhe sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2015
Both of you should just find a balance... . Isn't it possible to work yourself to another department? I really don't think you should quit like that since your money plays a part in the family finance cos if hardship sets in una no go like am.....
Also, you shouldn't quit without trying. . Give the marketing job a trial, see how it goes then decide. ...
Be on the lookout for other jobs too...

However, you and your husband have the final say in this matter. ....
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Jamean(f): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm. Lemme read
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Jamean(f): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2015
Freemanan:
undecided

Are you in a competition with Intro.very undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:

Are you in a competition with Intro.very undecided
No love. I don't even know the person.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2015
God forbids a time my wife will be working in the marketing dept of a bank. angry

They give them absurd targets and there are so many useless old men in Nigeria who specialize in looking for desperate marketers to sleep with. It is basically inevitable.

I can't allow some old men to be grinding my wife while I am out there working my butt off for the two of us. undecided It's either she gets another department or I get another wife, simple.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by jashar(f): 9:50am On Jul 22, 2015
Does it mean that all female marketers in banks are promiscuous?

Na wa for some reasoning o undecided

Madam, don't quit if you're sure you can handle the pressure. I thought marriage involved trust?
Even if she's not in marketing, if she wanna cheat, she will.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Marketing sector = cheating?

Lol, what's going on in 'em banks?
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Jorussia(m): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Baby woman, dis is naija, guess u not anywhere close. D targets dey set here is like mount kilimanjaro, looking at d lady she sounds too ambitious cum a career person dat can do anytin to hit d target. I prefer she resigns and save d cookies for her husband, its is no secret dat most nigerian men sleeps wif ladies(marketers) just to deposit change into dem bank. If am d husband, its either u resign dat work, or u leave my house. Don't blame me, its d system.
How is yankee dear?
How far?we nor see you for politics section again.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by beau49: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
adeaks:
God forbids a time my wife will be working in the marketing dept of a bank. angry

They give them absurd targets and there are so many useless old men in Nigeria who specialize in looking for desperate marketers to sleep with. It is basically inevitable.

I can't allow some old men to be grinding my wife while I am out there working my butt off for the two of us. undecided It's either she gets another department or I get another wife, simple.

Take it easy oga...tonguetongue
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by NifemiOlu(m): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Quite simple. She should tell her husband to chill and stay on the job while both of them find a new job.
The guy knows what's up. Marketers, especially females, don't find it easy there.
I met a young girl in Onikan. Fresh graduate, got a marketing job. She was given a target of 60 million in 1 month. That's 20 working days. Those men with cash will ask for sex in exchange for deposit and you get to keep your job.
Some bank officials were arrested some years ago for trafficking of female workers in guise of marketing to lure men to their banks. Know the reality on ground before offering advice.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cococandy(f): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Seriously. Don't paint Nigerian men black.
They can't be all that bad.
So most of them will ask for sex before doing business with a lady? No make me fear o.
It's bad enough when fellow guys even say it.

So Where did you even see the lady that you said 'looking at the lady' grin
Ok I'm just pulling your legs.

Yankee is fine. I guess.
OREMUSSANCTUS:

How is yankee dear?
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by cococandy(f): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Marketing sector = cheating?

Lol, what's going on in 'em banks?

More like. what's going on our country.?
Is everyone not a sexual assailant.
I refuse to believe it
There must be good ones.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jorussia:
How far?we nor see you for politics section again.
Was banned from commenting on politics section for now, dunno where Beremx saw me dat shez mentioning me.

@Ishilove, I will just let dis slide, d next time dat she-goat mentions my name, she won't like d outcome. For crying out loud, shez not behaving like a lady, I shldnt be ving issues wif a lady. U better talk sense into her "agric-brain cum fertilized brain".
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Beremx(f): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Was banned from commenting on politics section for now, dunno where Beremx saw me dat shez mentioning me. I dhe ma own jeje, berem say na me she want.
I am engaged ooo, ma love shld take note
Am denying berem openly, pls am not interested oooooo
I can see you have been spamming my mentions with your madness. You still used your female moniker you just opened PROVACATEUR to keep disturbing my mentions.
Leave my mentions alone and don't infect it with your stupidity!
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by NifemiOlu(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Lalasticlala and ishilove shld bear me witness, if am d one, may it not be well wif me. Buh if am not d one, may ur it not be well wif u and just as u killed ur husband and 2 children, may ya new family suffer same fate.
What's d meaning of dis nonsense?

Very funny. Popcorn and Pepsi, where are you?
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
NifemiOlu:
Quite simple. She should tell her husband to chill and stay on the job while both of them find a new job.
The guy knows what's up. Marketers, especially females, don't find it easy there.

I met a young girl in Onikan. Fresh graduate, got a marketing job. She was given a target of 60 million in 1 month. That's 20 working days. Those men with cash will ask for sex in exchange for deposit and you get to keep your job.
Some bank officials were arrested some years ago for trafficking of female workers in guise of marketing to lure men to their banks. Know the reality on ground before offering advice.

@Bold, I concur

Besides, you two should communicate as adults; your wife is not a child you tell to 'quit the job or forget the marriage' undecided

I honestly would not advice any relative of mine to be a bank marketer... Homosexuality is gaining ground; rich homosexuals would soon start harassing male marketers.

Sometimes, their commissions form a huge percentage of their salary. Failure to meet it would mean taking home ridiculous pay.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Beremx:
I can see you have been spamming my mentions with your madness. You still used your female moniker you just opened PROVACATEUR to keep disturbing my mentions.
Leave my mentions alone and don't infect it with your stupidity!
Are you high on cow dung? What is your problem beremx, my style of writting differs from oremuss own. Agadi nwaanyi na ezuzu na NL
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Your husband needs to deal with his trust issues. Either that, or he should get you another job.

I'm tired of all these hypocrisy oozing from some guys on this thread. I know plenty male marketers... Family men. They encounter a lot of sugar mummies too. I have heard stories from horses' mouths. Dont make it sound like it doesn't work both ways. Did they quit their jobs because of their wives?? Do you think the wives don't mind 'sharing'?

Marketing can be a dirty job for both sexes, but only very few men will admit it. At the same time, there are still marketers that don't have to go down the dirty lane, but still meet their targets. Yes, even females!

I recently met a young and very beautiful lady who is so passionate about this marketing thing, very surprisingly. She got married in May. Now I have no idea what her modus operandi is, but na person marry am. If I say I want to be a sales person just because I like it, then whoever I marry should be able to trust me enough to know that I wont do anything indecent.
That being said, I'm sensing that the Op might even be earning more money than her husband. Add that 'crime' to his trust issues and there you have it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why People Commit Suicide / My Brother, My Friend. / Who Is A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.