Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 - Sports (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 (86727 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014 / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by k2039: 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Arsenate: naaaa...that's not the point. The question is: why didn't your almighty ivory coast defeat zambia?
Are you inferring that Nigeria will beat Côte d’Ivoire?.

Côte d’Ivoire just didn't come to the party that day(against Zambia). With the current form of this Nigeria team, I won't stick my neck out for them on sunday.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by chessguru1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
brownlord: Wait i need to ask a question, did Keshi go there as a coach or supporters club, abi spectator, cos hes les effective
Abeg waiting again you want make e do. 4 the 1st time, his changes were on point.
Abi you want make dash enter field begin they do legover like maradona go score for the team?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: nigeria is finished
[b]As far you are a Nigerian then you are also finished[/b]

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by Adurangba(f): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
The fact that you have access to the internet doesnt give you the audacity to talk rubbish against those who have been selected to do something worthwhile for their country, if you are so good, why arent you part of them? What are you doing for your country apart from criticising and bad mouthing those doing something worthwhile? Bull cr.ap/
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by pendy79: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Rossike or whatsoever your name is. You're very stupid for telling me to shut up. Is it compulsory you respond to my opinion. Is your father Keshi or is echiejile your family breadwinner? If he is tell him to go look for a better job. I have a right to voice my view and I never stop you from putting yours forward. The team is paid from tax payers money and I'm a tax payer. I know you're one stupid and unintelligent tribal bigot. Idiotic he goat
My friend please shut up your dirty mouth and let's hear word. The Super Eagles WON the game 2-0. If that's not good enough for you, GO AND TRAIN AND LET'S SEE YOU PLAY LIKE PELE. STUP.ID, WORTHLESS, UNGRATEFUL IDIOTS. Lose they criticise. Win they criticise. ANIMALS.
ROSSIKE:

My friend please shut up your dirty mouth and let's hear word. The Super Eagles WON the game 2-0. If that's not good enough for you, GO AND TRAIN AND LET'S SEE YOU PLAY LIKE PELE. STUP.ID, WORTHLESS, UNGRATEFUL IDIOTS. Lose they criticise. Win they criticise. ANIMALS.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
naijabizz: DON'T YOU CHILDREN KNOW THAT THIS SUPER EAGLES TEAM IS VERY NEW. THIS IS THEIR FIRST TIME IN CAF. MOST OF THIS GUYS ARE HOME BASED PLAYERS. WHAT THE FUC DO YOU WANT FROM THE SUPER EAGLES FUTURE? THE REASON WHY THE SUPER EAGLES ALWAYS FAIL IS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF SUPPORT FROM YOU FUC HEADS!
Only seven are home based.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by sweetcheecks(f): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: with penaritys

SO WHAT? THE BALL MET THE NET, DID IT NOT? embarassed
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
SIRCONFIDENCE: Zambia like Chelsea. The defending Champions that cann't qualify for quarter final
How about Egypt-the defending champions that failed to qualify to defend their trophy last year. Neither did they qualify this time around.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by nep2ra(m): 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
Congratulations to the Super Eagles for winning this match. However, you agree with me when I say today's performance was lacklustre. Was it fatigue, stress, lethargy, lack of inspiration, or a clear lack of creativity? The team showed no purpose or hunger to win the match. There was no creative play from the midfield, no good crosses from the wings and set pieces were wasted. Let's be honest, we are not expecting a win against Cote D'Ivoire.
I'm expecting the Super Eagles to put up a good fight and lose gallantly to a much better side. It will take more than good luck for them to win the next match.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by pendy79: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Rossike or whatsoever your name is. You're very stupid for telling me to shut up. Is it compulsory you respond to my opinion? Is keshi your father or is echiejile your family's breadwinner? If he is,tell him to go look for another job. I have a right to voice my view and I never stop you from putting yours forward. The team is paid from tax payers money and I'm a tax payer. I know you're one stupid and unintelligent tribal bigot. Idiotic he goat
ROSSIKE:

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by RedLight1: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
sweetcheecks: Can't Nigerians just be happy and greatful? Remember that next time when praying that God make you win. God does not like an ungreatful person. Just celebrate you all! HOW, WHO, WHAT AND WHEN GONNA FOLLOW!

WELL DONE SUPER EAGLES, YOU MADE NIGERIA PROUD!!!!

VVVVVIIIIITTTYYYYOOOOOOOO, VVVVIIITTTTYYYYYOOOOO!!!!!
thank u jare ... thats nigerians for u ... very pessimistic and unpatriotic ... u only see see their patriotism when a team like arsenal that didnt win a trophy for almost a decade now are playing ( u wil be hearing arsenal till i die as if wenger na dia papa) ... they will rather support other national team than their own ... its in their blood thats why we get the kinda of unpatrotic leaders we have that will sell nigerians to the highest foreign bidders (becos he knew nothing about patriotism) ..u just have too learn to look at them and ignore

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
How about Egypt-the defending champions that failed to qualify to defend their trophy last year. Neither did they qualify this time around.
Their country has problems, they had that Arab Spring thing and the tension hasn't died down till now, what's Zambia's excuse?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by Adexchelsea19(m): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
onila: I want Ivory Coast 2 win smiley smiley smiley smiley

f*ck Nigeria tongue
abeg go sidon,if u no suport naija lik sey we care.up Nigeria abeg

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Let's be sincere, victor would still have scored that second goal if the keeper hadn't fouled him.
He knew the art of causing a penalty and scoring it, if the opponent had that ability too they would have used it trust me.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by naijabizz: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
I think we have Ivory Coast people on our land. They must be deported at once.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by IdiAmin2(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
is there still anyway Ivory coast can come 2nd in their group?
Maybe if they lose tomorrow and togo win against tunisia by a large margin
just wishful thinking.....
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by purplekayc(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
U na no even shame sef? Abeg what's ethiopia s fifa ranking ? We cannot even scre clear goals ? Uh? What's the jubilation about then??

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by abbakacici: 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
talk true: Keshi bribed the referee.
you are 100 percent right
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by RedLight1: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
OmoEziokwu:

Stop being blindly patriotic. It is important to address issues critically before you start mouthing off. Are you in all honesty saying that the Super Eagles stand a very good chance of defeating Ivory Coast? You can only hope that they step-up their game on that day, and not just go all ballistic on anyone who comes up with a contrary albeit insightful view. Cheers.
my friend this is football and no one is programmed to win all games .... most people thought barcelona would defeat chelsea atleast by 5 goals home and away... what eventually happen? spain didnt have much of a good run in the world cup first round and yet they won the tournament .... anybody can defeat anybody and thats the beauty of football.. so go and eat cassava bread abeg
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
safarigirl: Their country has problems, they had that Arab Spring thing and the tension hasn't died down till now, what's Zambia's excuse?
Mali has problem now yet they are in the nations cup.
How about Ivory Coast that has never stopped from qualifying despite all their problems?.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Worst display seen SE exhibit in recent times.Gosh!What was that.Keshi ,you should be ashamed of these boys.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by caesaraba(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
purplekayc: U na no even shame sef? Abeg what's ethiopia s fifa ranking ? We cannot even score clear goals ? Uh? What's the jubilation about then??

Please bro, is there an MTN mast in your area? If yes, kindly walk there. Accredited agents are on ground to give you further directives. Thank you.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by chidexy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ honeric01 and @semid4lyfe fu ck you two for messing up my evening. You guys feel like little dictators banning people for no just reason. Someone requested for a link to watch the game online and I provided a working link and you guys chose to hide the post and ban me from contributing while the game lasted. You guys are jerks! and I demand a public apology from you guys

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by abbakacici: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
chess guru:
Yeah dear, guess what, no one gives a phuck what you phucking think, so save it for the phucking birds
you don't need to insult him nigeria will not win that match
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by jude33084(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
acidtalk: SHAME ON YOU ALL.

So na ONLY through penalty una fit win game?

Ethiopia of all countries.

Football sure needs to be ban in this freaking country for 50years instead of the initial 2years Jonathan prescribed.

Nigeria Super easgle is a disgrace to the country angry

...Cote de voir will spell their Ɲαмe undecided
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by abbakacici: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
SirElaw:
dere s nufin God can nt do...
only when a chicken kill a lion then SE will win CIV
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by MaziOmenuko: 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
purplekayc: U na no even shame sef? Abeg what's ethiopia s fifa ranking ? We cannot even scre clear goals ? Uh? What's the jubilation about then??

Mumu! Unpatriotic thwart!! Keep whining about penalties and fifa ranking. We're thru to the next round.
You'll still be here whining like a fingered b'I't-c'h when we progress ahead!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by MaziOmenuko: 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
jude33084:

Nigeria Super easgle is a disgrace to the country angry

...Cote de voir will spell their Ɲαмe undecided

Ma'g'g'ot!! Shame on you, we qualified for the next round!!

Its a big improvement to last time we couldn't even qualify for the main event. Keep whining!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by abbakacici: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
Bigo8291:

Don't be shock if Nigeria beats Ivory Coast. The pressure is in Ivory Coast.
there is no way nigeria will beat ivory coast
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by Arsenate(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
Haters, how y'all...we are still celebrating the Eagles victory here in ma crib. If u are geniunely sad about the event, u can easily go jump over the 3rd mainland bridge. No one will miss u.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by adevest: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Congratulations to Nigeria for qualification to next round. Based on what I saw today, I will suggest that Nigeria should hire a foreign coach at the end of our World Cup adventure. I stongly disagree that keshi be fired and replaced befor the World Cup, as doing that will continue the bad cycle of hiring and firing that has not helped our football. The new coach when hired after the world cup shold be given a 4-5 years contract to take us to the world cup in 2018. Before that time I think we need to rejuvenate our local league. The seeming lack of quality players at the national level now is due to our poor league level. These present Eagles cannot be called super. Many of them are average players. Worst still, Coach Steven Keshi has been a huge dissapointment. He is not the same Keshi, that I know as a player, commanding the defence of the Super Eagles and the team as a whole. He has failed to introduced any tactics into the team. His team selection and substitutions are suspect in the Eagles three games. Take for instance, he is playing three midfielders and three strikers at the same time. Based on my observation he only need one striker or two at a time. He could played Emenike and Uche together, with Uche as the first striker and Emenike supporting him. Emenike is strong, and with good support from the midfield, will be a torn in the flesh of any team ala Amokachi. While Uche will be the dribbler on the left and goal poacher in the middle. Playing three strikers together does not make sense to me. That is why they all became selfish in the box. Remember in the days of Westerhoff, Yekini was the main striker, while Amokachi or Siasia supports. If you must play in the wings by using Musa, then he needed to be instructed to always find the #1 striker first. But I doubt if Keshi gave such instructions, because Musa was wasteful and ineffective trying to outdo himself. For now, I think the midfield is not too bad. Mikel is doing a better job. Ogude however should be more disciplined, otherwise he is going to cost his team some matches in the future from red card bookings. The defence today is better but too slow to react. Echiejile, will never be in my team. I like that Mba boy, he is confident and he actually rattled the keeper today with a well taking shot. He will need more playing time to grow more in confidence and mature into a great player. I think Yobo should not be part of the team after the AFCON. He is done and out.

Some people have said here that this team is the worst team from Nigeria.I completely disagree. Have you forgotten the team that went to 2010 nations cup and world cup.

Finally, Nigerians should not take another rash decision to disband this team afer the AFCONS. There is no coach that can perform any wonders between now and the world cup. We should just give our best advise and support the team and put pressure on the NFF and sports ministry to appoint a good foreign coach after the world cup to build a new team from our local league. Those players coming out of our local league knows what Nigerians espect of them.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 (0 - 2) On 29th January 2013 by MaziOmenuko: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ntom: Worst display seen SE exhibit in recent times.Gosh!What was that.Keshi ,you should be ashamed of these boys.
He should be ashamed of a team that is still unbeaten in the competition? Scoring 4 goals and conceding 2?? You think the other countries that qualified came to play golf?
Olodo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup / Maradona Kissing A Blonde Lady In Stadium While France Thrashed Argentina / Female MTN Marathon Runner Pulled Down Her Pants Midway While Running (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.