Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) (19234 Views)

Blackberry Launches New Model Phone “blackberry Classic” / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 / Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by ibietela2(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
The Day network providers will stop this cheap Data. Already they have started stoping it, before it was N1.5k for Unlimited now its 1GB or 3GB for the same price
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Akainzo:

You are quite funny, aint you? You are complaining about a lack of physical keyboard, therefore you are going to stick with phones that DO NOT have physical keyboards! grin How very ingenious of you. smiley smiley smiley

What I'm saying basically is, since it has no physical keyboard, I'd rather stick with the iphone (or Galaxy S3), unless they have a good selling point.

You know it's stiff competition in the "touch screen" device segment?
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by fabianblaise: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
jereal:

why anyone would want to buy this over a Galaxy sIII for instance is unimaginable...
Ah dunno o! And android is open source software which means tons and tons of cool apps, while bb is proprietary...
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by fabianblaise: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
Aringon: Before u guys will write whatever you like, watch the videos and shut ur brain and respect BB

http://wccftech.com/iphone-5-blackberry-z10-side-side-video-comparison/
no doubt, it's really, really cool, but come on man! N100k+for a bb10 software?dats y RIM is failing,see what's happening to nokia's symbian3.it's becoming extinct,because the software is proprietary.users of iphone are now switching over to android because of its flexibility or they are 'jailbreaking' their iOS smartphones.
I don't see good tidings for RIM. Their future looks very, very bleak.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Aringon(m): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
fabianblaise:
no doubt, it's really, really cool, but come on man! N100k+for a bb10 software?dats y RIM is failing,see what's happening to nokia's symbian3.it's becoming extinct,because the software is proprietary.users of iphone are now switching over to android because of its flexibility or they are 'jailbreaking' their iOS smartphones.
I don't see good tidings for RIM. Their future looks very, very bleak.
Fabian, BB Z10 is enabled to work with android applications, its a phones built in between andriod and iphone ok

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jedisco(m): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Akainzo:

When one starts needing "an app" to do basic things, then what is the essence.

Man one thing with me is that I hate fanboyism with a passion.

Now tell me what your post had to do with the question or reply.

But let me look at your senseless reply. I don't know whether you want to start comparing smartphones based solely on what they can do out of the box cos that would be moronic.

The last time I checked, the most successful smartphone OS doesn't even support it at all.
Maybe its time you learn the meaning of the word variety.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Stanley08(m): 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
If you are Approximating, Why not just say 120,000 instead of 119?! Smh!
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by talktimi(m): 12:24am On Jan 30, 2013
Why are people just beefing unnecessarily ? All OS's have their weak and selling point. I personally don't like the iphone, it doesn't mean its a bad phone on the contrary it is a very good phone just that I'm not a fan of touchscreen phones. Just the same way people bashing BB users should chill out a bit, its their option and it should be respected as long as they don't meet you for financial assistance to buy the phone.
And those complaining about the price of a bb10 being too expensive at N120,000 should remember the Iphone 5 started around N150k, if you have the money then by all means buy it
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Stanley08(m): 12:29am On Jan 30, 2013
THIS IS NO SURPRISE WHATSOEVER.

ALL initially released Blackberry phones i can remember, started out at 100K+ even Curve 2 i can remember.

Now, Curve 2 is like what? 20K? or Less?

Torch, Bold, Bold 2, all started at 100K+

Again, this is no surprise
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jedisco(m): 12:34am On Jan 30, 2013
I don't even what is going on on this thread at all.

First, prices in pounds or euro don't equate to prices in naira.
We should understand that most european countries have about 25% tax added on these items.

Our prices here are more in consonace with american prices.

Personally, I expect its local price to be in harmony with that of other flagships (bar the iPhone) that is between 90,000 - 100,000 at launch.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by repogirl(f): 6:21am On Jan 30, 2013
You would think RIM would learn. first they ignored Africans who stuck with them when they were going under, personally i think it was Africa that kept their company in business. They've finally acknowledged us over here, we thank goodness for that. Now they are releasing such an expensive phone, why would someone pick their phone over any other android? what makes the bb10 software better than any other android one? the same apps only the chat thingy stands out but theres whatsapp so no one is missing bbm and the data services which is a bit cheaper with BIS but an iphone or S3 user doesnt mind that. I love my bb anyday anytime but i've started coverting my husbands nexus 4 which costs just abt sixty something thousand and has everything a phone needs including a 360 degree camera. Im sure z10 camera is not even as badass as d iphone's. The pricing should've been better this time since they are trying to get customers back, that would have added some points for them. We go dey watch sha.

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Stanley08(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2013
repogirl: You would think RIM would learn. first they ignored Africans who stuck with them when they were going under, personally i think it was Africa that kept their company in business. They've finally acknowledged us over here, we thank goodness for that. Now they are releasing such an expensive phone, why would someone pick their phone over any other android? what makes the bb10 software better than any other android one? the same apps only the chat thingy stands out but theres whatsapp so no one is missing bbm and the data services which is a bit cheaper with BIS but an iphone or S3 user doesnt mind that. I love my bb anyday anytime but i've started coverting my husbands nexus 4 which costs just abt sixty something thousand and has everything a phone needs including a 360 degree camera. Im sure z10 camera is not even as badass as d iphone's. The pricing should've been better this time since they are trying to get customers back, that would have added some points for them. We go dey watch sha.

Well said, but just one correction. Not africans, Nigerians! I would know, because I school in Accra. And Whatsapp is ALOT more popular than BBM here, even those that buy blackberry phones mostly use Whatsapp. No lies. Which also isn't a surprise considering that mobile internet is alot cheaper here. converting is 1.5Kobo/KB as opposed to 5Kobo/KB and 15Kobo/KB. So, u can say 10 times cheaper. smiley

In school, also have friends from ivory coast, togo, SA, Guinee, Congo, Niger, Cameroun, Benin, even India. Its all about Droids, Windows Phone and iPhone (have no idea why people buy these tho)
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jude33084(m): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2013
blackberry are toys undecided

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Ositainklord(m): 10:58am On Jan 30, 2013
jude33084: blackberry are toys undecided
But facing reality, the device is quite overpriced, its not like the body is made of kevlar (bulletproof) like motorola droid razr! Its trying to make a come back with the android app crossover but being overpriced with regular hardware is a fail!, im glad to see the epiphany of nigerians smartness in mobile gadgets considering the fact that We were all suckers to rims bulls**t a few yrs ago. (even though theres still the pennywise pound foolish lot who are still using that stupid bb porsche crap just for swag)
But wait oh--,
If the threadowner decides to give away 3 z10's to the best android peeps who can write an essay on the GLORY of bb, im sure everyone will fly @ d opprtunity
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Stanley08(m): 11:13am On Jan 30, 2013
Osita_inklord:
But facing reality, the device is quite overpriced, its not like the body is made of kevlar (bulletproof) like motorola droid razr! Its trying to make a come back with the android app crossover but being overpriced with regular hardware is a fail!, im glad to see the epiphany of nigerians smartness in mobile gadgets considering the fact that We were all suckers to rims bulls**t a few yrs ago. (even though theres still the pennywise pound foolish lot who are still using that stupid bb porsche crap just for swag)
But wait oh--,
If the threadowner decides to give away 3 z10's to the best android peeps who can write an essay on the GLORY of bb, im sure everyone will fly @ d opprtunity

Keyword there is 'give away'. Get it, sell it! Money in ur pocket... Life goes on...
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by fabianblaise: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
repogirl: I love my bb anyday anytime but i've started coverting my husbands nexus 4 which costs just abt sixty something thousand and has everything a phone needs.
nexus 4?where did he get that?nexus 4 is as scarce as a mango tree in the sahara...
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by fabianblaise: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Aringon:
Fabian, BB Z10 is enabled to work with android applications, its a phones built in between andriod and iphone ok
LOL. Seriously...where did all this talk about the latest bb flagship using android or iOS came from? BB Z10 runs on blackberry 10 proprietary software! The latest software that RIM claim do not contain a single piece of software from the previous bb OS. It's QNX based while android is Unix based(don't worry about the jargon, it's just to highlight the diff).
Besides I'd like you to post the link where you saw the bb z10/android stuff.
Regards.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by sinade1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
I am very sure iPhone 4 will outperform Blackberry Z10, not alone iPhone 4S,5 & S3. Unless there won't be need to remove battery every time it hangs or you subscribe to a data plan.

BB sucks.

grin grin grin
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by ibietela2(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Aringon:

If its not an Android phone it can never be android.... Then i better buy an android phone.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by talktimi(m): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
I'm still getting the BB10 though, jealous ones still envy.....

The Blackberry Q10

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by UncleJJ(m): 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ha Ha.... hope the BB, has touch screen, atleast 10GB internal memory, 4g, wifi,btooth,NFC, acurrate gps,

Ha Ha..... frgt you still in the dinasour age.... get on the android train.... tongue
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Stanley08(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
UncleJJ: Ha Ha.... hope the BB, has touch screen, atleast 10GB internal memory, 4g, wifi,btooth,NFC, acurrate gps,

Ha Ha..... frgt you still in the dinasour age.... get on the android train.... tongue

Leave Nigerians! Let them keep pinging, Technology will pass them by! Blackberry is the least innovative mobo ever made.

As for me, Android all the way! Rocking my S3 to the Fullest! Custom ROMs, Custom MODs and stuffs

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by talktimi(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
The company is now know as Blackberry, no longer Research In Motion.... Still getting the phone sha
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Aringon(m): 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
fabianblaise:
LOL. Seriously...where did all this talk about the latest bb flagship using android or iOS came from? BB Z10 runs on blackberry 10 proprietary software! The latest software that RIM claim do not contain a single piece of software from the previous bb OS. It's QNX based while android is Unix based(don't worry about the jargon, it's just to highlight the diff).
Besides I'd like you to post the link where you saw the bb z10/android stuff.
Regards.

Read oga and think twice before you reply what you know not
m.intomobile.com/2013/01/30/blackberry-10-launch-70k-apps-including-big-names-like-skype-angry-birds/
Tell me if angry birds, where's my water are not android apps
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jedisco(m): 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
Stanley08:

Leave Nigerians! Let them keep pinging, Technology will pass them by! Blackberry is the least innovative mobo ever made.

As for me, Android all the way! Rocking my S3 to the Fullest! Custom ROMs, Custom MODs and stuffs

I don't like insulting people but I feel like calling you a fool.

Your post is as childish, senseless and stupid as going out on the road and telling everyone who doesn't use thesame brand of car that you have that they are archaic.

What's worse is that I'm disgusted at your statement about Nigerians using BBs. That just goes to show you've got inferiority complex issues.
I can go on and list countless devices and services that are mainly limited to the US and still I don't see Americans criticising then for not being available all over the world.

Even if its only Nigerians using BBs, I see nothing wrong with that as far as it works for them.

Over 50% of smartphones in Nigeria are BBs and still I don't see them displaying such moronic attitude you and your folks continue to display here

1 Like

Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jedisco(m): 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
UncleJJ: Ha Ha.... hope the BB, has touch screen, atleast 10GB internal memory, 4g, wifi,btooth,NFC, acurrate gps,

My reply to Stanley08 above also goes to you.

Grow up man!!!
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by ibietela2(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2013
Aringon:

Read oga and think twice before you reply what you know not
m.intomobile.com/2013/01/30/blackberry-10-launch-70k-apps-including-big-names-like-skype-angry-birds/
Tell me if angry birds, where's my water are not android apps

Angry Birds, skype is not only for Android
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by LordReed(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2013
Having used the Z10 for a few minutes I can see it following the likes of Nokia Lumia 920 in pricing. It is a great device and certainly a game changer for Blackberry. This phone IMHO puts Blackberry back in the fight with better chances for survival and a place in the smartphone world.
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jereal(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lord_Reed: Having used the Z10 for a few minutes I can see it following the likes of Nokia Lumia 920 in pricing. It is a great device and certainly a game changer for Blackberry.

You've had a hands-on experience already...
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by LordReed(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
jereal:

You've had a hands-on experience already...

Yup! Courtesy of a Blackberry staff who has one of only three demo units in Nigeria (as of launch day).
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by jereal(m): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Yup! Courtesy of a Blackberry staff who has one of only three demo units in Nigeria (as of launch day).

wow...! must have been exciting...how did it handle...?

you should write a brief review...!

any tip on when it'll be launched/available in Nigeria...?
Re: RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) by Stanley08(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
jedisco:

I don't like insulting people but I feel like calling you a fool.

Your post is as childish, senseless and stupid as going out on the road and telling everyone who doesn't use thesame brand of car that you have that they are archaic.

What's worse is that I'm disgusted at your statement about Nigerians using BBs. That just goes to show you've got inferiority complex issues.
I can go on and list countless devices and services that are mainly limited to the US and still I don't see Americans criticising then for not being available all over the world.

Even if its only Nigerians using BBs, I see nothing wrong with that as far as it works for them.

Over 50% of smartphones in Nigeria are BBs and still I don't see them displaying such moronic attitude you and your folks continue to display here

Who took this one's bread? Blackberry shares are nose diving. I'm sure u are one of the many nigerians that think blackberry is a 'smartphone'. And definitely use one. You feel like calling me a fool, good for you. but I am calling you a fool. Be lucky if dat company is still standing after 5 years.

My friend uses a 9900 Bold or whatever its called, he saw my S3 and said, "This is my last blackberry phone". Laugh no gree me. LOOL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience Registering My Ntel Sim / Instagram Makes People Depressed, Twitter Makes People Angry, Which Is Better? / List Of Seven Worst Phones Of 2012 (pictures & Reason)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.