Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled (25565 Views)

Nigerians Expelled From Senegal Stadium For Displaying Biafra Flags / Egyptian Referee Who Officiated Nigeria Vs Zambia Match To Be Expelled From Afco / Egyptian Referee Grisha Ghead To Be Expelled From Afcon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by demana: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
adaptor4all:
Yeah rite...d match shd b replayed...very funny
Was that included in ma right up
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by walecheepe(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
we need to win d last game jst wt 1 -0 dat al
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
walecheepe: we need to win d last game jst wt 1 -0 dat al
o boy 1-0 means 1-1 ooooooo remember sar S.E draw pass ogbono and okro

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ceejay80s(m): 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
Morgan1092: Wht do u knw abt football? Do u tink its easy 2 score goals?
if its not easy to score goals then its not easy to be a referee, how many of una fail eye test to collect drivers license for V.I.O office
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by paranorman(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
Morgan1092: I hope so too. Especially against Man. U n dia Howard Webb.

sure, you must be a chelsea fan... Face it son, has Howard really favorable to man-utd this season?! Losers always have excuse for failure... Like super eagles, like fan! :-P
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
smiley expelling referee wont solve anything. Make dem cancel the goal jorr.... E no late ooooo :p
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
Learn to respect people
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Xfemt(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
e don pass abi na dis 1 go make nigeria reply zambia. abeg make caf go die. medicine afta death
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ceejay80s(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Afam4eva: I disagree with him being expelled because he erred and did not do it intentionally. Referees are humans and are bound to make mistakes.

If not that you're a mod, I for don talk say make thunder fire somebody for this comment. People MUST bear responsibility for their errors and failures. The fact that to err is human does not mean that you would not be prosecuted for manslaughter if you erroneously pull a trigger that sends someone to their early grave.

If Hazard supposedly made an error of judgment by kicking a ballboy, and had to receive a three match suspension for that; if coaches get banned from the touchlines for lashing out at referees' decisions; if fans get banned for life from stadia due to misbehaviour, THEN why oh why should referees not be punished for their fooooolish 'misjudgments'? Indeed, refs errors are often FAR more costly than players/coaches/fans errors. Why then should refs be given so much power to do whatever they like without fear of possible punishment or consequences?

--------------------
Meanwhile. . . . . . my original pro01 ID was banned from commenting in the sports section - just because I pointed out how dogmatic and overzealous this Honeric mod punk was. . .and reminded him how 'real' mods (e.g Ogugua, OAM4J, Missy, and Afam, lol) are supposed to behave. Seun needs to administer euthanasia to that punk. He is certainly not good for NL business.

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Abrantie: 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Strauskhan1: smiley expelling referee wont solve anything.

Oh yes it does. It pushes the other refs to shine their eyes propa. Most of the times, refs are never far from the action so I am not sure how they miss slow moving blatant incidence such as that non-penalty.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ceejay80s(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
fergusen: Egyptian referee Grisha Ghead, who officiated the controversial second Group C match between defending champions Zambia and Nigeria on Friday, may be dismissed from the Africa Nations Cup by the Confederation of Africa Football (Caf)
@ thread starter, why una dey always get decieving headlines, una no fit pass journalism test, after reading, i see say the referee may be dismissed and not TO BE DISMISSED.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by DrMuzungu(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
Serves him well... eediot.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Ogojohn(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Adamsdelrio: Many afcon referees will be expelled....
I DISAGREE WITH THE O P. HE WILL EXPELLED OR IS EXPELLED. THAT STATEMENT IS JUST TO CALM OUR NERVES. IT IS NOT DONE ANYWHERE. BET ME. THAT REFEREE WILL STILL OFFICIATE ANOTHER MATCH BEFORE THIS TOURNAMENT WILL END.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by skak(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
fergusen: BREAKING NEWS: Egyptian referee Grisha Ghead to be expelled from Afcon
The official has come under intense scrutiny for his penalty call against Nigeria in Friday’s game against Zambia which ended in a draw

By Sam Ade Oguns, in Nelspruit
Jan 27, 2013 7:20:00 PM

Zambia vs Nigeria: Referee Grisha Ghead
Egyptian referee Grisha Ghead, who officiated the controversial second Group C match between defending champions Zambia and Nigeria on Friday, may be dismissed from the Africa Nations Cup by the Confederation of Africa Football (Caf) as a result of poor officiating, Goal.com has learnt.
Ghead gave Zambia a controversial penalty late in the game which ensured that the match ended 1-1. The Nigeria Football Federation lodged a complaint with Caf after the match.
Goal.com learnt that Caf president Issa Hayatou assured Nigeria’s minister of sport Bolaji Abdullahi that prompt action has been taken against the referee and that the official will be sent home.
Caf is yet to react officially.
The last Group C matches are now expected to generate great concern to Caf as they have prepared to monitor the two matches alongside the other groups to forestall a repeat of such scandalous mistakes and biasesas alleged by the NFF.
http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/3705382

Bulshit.... Only expelled? the goal should also be expelled.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
skak:

Bulshit.... Only expelled, the goal should be expelled as well.
infact morsi should be dealt with
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by sweetcheecks(f): 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
fergusen: BREAKING NEWS: Egyptian referee Grisha Ghead to be expelled from Afcon
The official has come under intense scrutiny for his penalty call against Nigeria in Friday’s game against Zambia which ended in a draw

By Sam Ade Oguns, in Nelspruit
Jan 27, 2013 7:20:00 PM

Zambia vs Nigeria: Referee Grisha Ghead
Egyptian referee Grisha Ghead, who officiated the controversial second Group C match between defending champions Zambia and Nigeria on Friday, may be dismissed from the Africa Nations Cup by the Confederation of Africa Football (Caf) as a result of poor officiating, Goal.com has learnt.
Ghead gave Zambia a controversial penalty late in the game which ensured that the match ended 1-1. The Nigeria Football Federation lodged a complaint with Caf after the match.
Goal.com learnt that Caf president Issa Hayatou assured Nigeria’s minister of sport Bolaji Abdullahi that prompt action has been taken against the referee and that the official will be sent home.
Caf is yet to react officially.
The last Group C matches are now expected to generate great concern to Caf as they have prepared to monitor the two matches alongside the other groups to forestall a repeat of such scandalous mistakes and biasesas alleged by the NFF.
http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/3705382

When Super Chickens Eagles are done loosing every referree, lines man, Naija Captein, Coach and CAF official would be fired. undecided
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Oluwalala(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
Nigeria media and very poor reporting skills, I wonder when we wld b better- the matter is NFF made a complaint about it to CAF, and CAF said they wld look into it and no words hav been heard 4rm CAF since then, now media don talk say, them wan expel am
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by demana: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
proO1:

If not that you're a mod, I for don talk say make thunder fire somebody for this comment. People MUST bear responsibility for their errors and failures. The fact that to err is human does not mean that you would not be prosecuted for manslaughter if you erroneously pull a trigger that sends someone to their early grave.

If Hazard supposedly made an error of judgment by kicking a ballboy, and had to receive a three match suspension for that; if coaches get banned from the touchlines for lashing out at referees' decisions; if fans get banned for life from stadia due to misbehaviour, THEN why oh why should referees not be punished for their fooooolish 'misjudgments'? Indeed, refs errors are often FAR more costly than players/coaches/fans errors. Why then should refs be given so much power to do whatever they like without fear of possible punishment or consequences?

--------------------
Meanwhile. . . . . . my original pro01 ID was banned from commenting in the sports section - just because I pointed out how dogmatic and overzealous this Honeric mod punk was. . .and reminded him how 'real' mods (e.g Ogugua, OAM4J, Missy, and Afam, lol) are supposed to behave. Seun needs to administer euthanasia to that punk. He is certainly not good for NL business.

Active euthnasia sef to fry his silly thoughts
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by tommykiwi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
Make CAF leave the REF abeg because if Mikel score him penalty we wouldn't be talking about the REF?
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by skak(m): 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
Gabriel_sylar:
infact morsi should be dealt with

Well, Mr. morsi has nothing to do with this, we should not include him
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by uzochinedu: 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
What difference will it make? If nigeria had scored twice, all this wouldn't had happened.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
skak:

Well, Mr. morsi has nothing to do with this, we should not include him
ure talking like a kiddie
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ortopazz(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
if only those 3pts cud be gotten!
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Morgan1092(m): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
paranorman:
sure, you must be a chelsea fan... Face it son, has Howard really favorable to man-utd this season?! Losers always have excuse for failure... Like super eagles, like fan! :-P
Chelsea ko! Chelsea nii! Abeg i be Liverpool fan joor
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by skak(m): 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
Gabriel_sylar:
ure talking like a kiddie

You can say so becouse you lost the sense of justification
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by fergusen: 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
Godwin Enakhena @ genakhena 14m
A top official of CAF confirmed that Egyptian ref, Ghead Grisha will take no further part in the on-going Nations Cup in South Africa
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Imoobot(m): 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
The deed has been done. We should stop crying over spiled milk. But wait o....I think that ref should be sent to jail!
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ayodot(m): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
ibide: No need . They shoud live him alone nigeria should learn how to score plenty goals next time

I agree our team's performance is at dismal low level. but I tell even the best team/players misses penalty. a quick reminder, Barcelona vs Chelsea champion league semi-final. penalty taken by messi
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by otokx(m): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
why is it not on the caf website? abeg make dem talk anoda tin, minister of sports ko, prime minister of 9ja ni.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by raynold17(m): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
this is complete B.S...referees make mistakes always..expelling someone cos of one silly mistake is dumb..if they expelled people for making mistake in skul no single person will be in skul..if he took bribe fine but mistake..maradona hand of God y de no expel the referee.I don tire for Africans..
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Hadeyeancah(m): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
SUPER EAGLE = MAN UNITED

MINISTER OF SPORT(BOLAJI ABDULLAHI)
/KESHI = ALEX FERGUSON

UP MAN U, UP SUPER EAGLE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women World Cup: Nigeria Releases Full Squad (see List) / 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match / Seyi Olofinjana Appointed Technical Director Of Swiss Club GC Zurich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.