Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,349 members, 7,826,366 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled (25474 Views)

Nigerians Expelled From Senegal Stadium For Displaying Biafra Flags / Egyptian Referee Who Officiated Nigeria Vs Zambia Match To Be Expelled From Afco / Egyptian Referee Grisha Ghead To Be Expelled From Afcon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by supaeagles(m): 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Richfella: If you score 3 goals, would it matter if they 'cheat' you with one PK?

If the Super Chickens want my support, they should play entertaining football like the Ivorians. tongue

Thank you........ and that said, he should "do justice" against Ethiopia...... something like 5-0 - we should not be distracted by their fine fine babes wink
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by honeric01(m): 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
sweetcheecks:

When Super Chickens Eagles are done loosing every referree, lines man, Naija Captein, Coach and CAF official would be fired. undecided

You're taking jabs at the SE right? if i take on you now, you get dey cry. you better watch it.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by kollytin(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
Nigeria at #AFCON2013 : 2 Matches, 2 Draws, 2 Points, 2 Goals For, 2 Goals Against, Everything Na Double Double! grin

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ignis: 10:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
ichamentor: Lets hope there are not still others like him, waiting to rear their head as the tournament progresses.
This will serve as a deterrent to them.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by oyestephen(m): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sincerely, nice decision....it will serve as a lesson to others...
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
Please Guys,let's show some patriotism and respect for our ONLY National Soccer team.
Let's stop calling them SUPER CHICKENS...

.......Call them super pigeons

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by fergusen: 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
AFCON 2013: CAF dismiss Referee Of Nigeria Zambia Match
Egyptian referee, Ghead Grisha, who officiated the Group C match between Super Eagles of Nigeria and Cup holders Zambia in Nelspruit on Friday, has been sacked from the on-going 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
A top official of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) confirmed on Sunday that the 36-year old referee, who became an international referee in 2008, will take no longer take part in the on-going championship in South Africa.
“He has been sent home. He will have nofurther action at this Cup of Nations. His decisions did not tally with best practices of the refereeing profession and we would not allow anyone to start re-writing the rules of the game here,” said the official.
The dismissal was confirmed in a statement signed by the Assistant MediaDirector, for the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mr Ademola Olajire.
CAF’s decision came as the Super Eagles settled down at their Hunters’ Rest abode in Rustenburg, ahead of Tuesday’s must-win final Group C clash with the Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia at the Royal Bafokeng Sports Palace.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/27/afcon-2013-caf-dismiss-referee-of-nigeria-zambia-match/
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by tnktosin(m): 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
Morgan1092: I hope so too. Especially against Man. U n dia Howard Webb.
Wake up man, dis is 2013.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by jadakiss213(m): 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
Morgan1092: Mehn! See hold up! 145 Nairalanders n 250 guests reading dis thread. Odikwa egwu oo. Seun u don hammer.
just 395 pple viewing ds thread hammer ko,digger ni.i thot this forum has a million plus members...
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by tnktosin(m): 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
Kamanda: Please Guys,let's show some patriotism and respect for our ONLY National Soccer team.
Let's stop calling them SUPER CHICKENS...
.......Call them super pigeons
U b winch
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by sochito26: 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
good 4 him
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
Richfella: If you score 3 goals, would it matter if they 'cheat' you with one PK?

If the Super Chickens want my support, they should play entertaining football like the Ivorians. tongue
They can only play entertaining football on a nice pitch where the Ivorians play. Not on that sandy pitch given to their group
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by 5much(m): 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Pius007: 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sending the referee out of the competition is meaningless without awarding super eagle the deserved three points.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by sshalom(m): 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
Nigeria need to be more involved in the politics of CAF and world football in general. Its a shame that the Amos Adamu crisis has effectively numbed us out of any influence.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by MyX1: 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dondav: Everything na WASH... Na CAF hire am to do that thing! And almost all matches are already fixed.. This is Bullshit! Africa is Corrupt..
Just like it's done in Erope. STUPID!
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Hearme(m): 11:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
THEY SHOULD HIRE THE SERVICES OF TOM HENING OVEREBO, MARK CLATEBURG AND THE BARCELONA VS ARSENAL MATCH REFS FOR OUR NEXT MARCH.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Tbillz(m): 12:34am On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva: I disagree with him being expelled because he erred and did not do it intentionally. Referees are humans and are bound to make mistakes.
i wil try nt 2 say u are a fool. . .at ur age.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Conquistador: 2:11am On Jan 28, 2013
honeric01:
You're taking jabs at the SE right? if i take on you now, you get dey cry. you better watch it.
I thought that was his opinion?

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 28, 2013
With or without such refs, the nigerian team will achieve little.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by bbulldog(m): 4:29am On Jan 28, 2013

ehn, why don't u go with the ivorians,shior... Yeye arsenal fan. Fancy football for africa, on top bad pitch wey nigeria dey play
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Bokoharam: 5:00am On Jan 28, 2013
demana: Is that all they can actually do ? That action cost a whole nation a lot

Unleash Boko haram on him? Wht else do u want, apart from disgracing and sending a career referee home, thereby dainting his career?
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by Shevmaen(m): 5:15am On Jan 28, 2013
It won't do any good to the previous deeds.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ugoflenzy: 5:28am On Jan 28, 2013
Y do Pple hate nigeria so much even in football self.dis is strange
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by jadakiss213(m): 5:34am On Jan 28, 2013
Morgan1092: Mehn! See hold up! 145 Nairalanders n 250 guests reading dis thread. Odikwa egwu oo. Seun u don hammer.
hammer ko,digger ni..just 395 pple viewing a thread.thot NL had a million plus members
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by mikey2fin: 5:34am On Jan 28, 2013
Super Chickens needs to learn how to kill off a game, Not pointing
too much on Referee
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by gegee(m): 6:24am On Jan 28, 2013
I think CAF is trying to cover their tracks by sacking the referee. Bad decisions are common and referees don't get sacked for that a referee is sacked for making decisions based on match fixing involvement.if the latter is d case there should be an investigation to reveal all those involved.and not just makin d referee take d fall for the high and mighty
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by stainless40: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2013
erudite scholar: Now the super chickens have an excuse to give for there poor performance.
my friend shout up, Nigerians really performed well in their 2nd half game so stop that your mosquito noise.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by vanvicker(m): 6:33am On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva: I disagree with him being expelled because he erred and did not do it intentionally. Referees are humans and are bound to make mistakes.

I agree with you,mind you the so called super chickens have been performing below par(they want to put the blame on the ref via poor officiating),they better get themselves together for the last game or prepare to come back home.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by ony073: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2013
Morgan1092: I hope so too. Especially against Man. U n dia Howard Webb.
. Mumu brain.
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by sayso: 7:38am On Jan 28, 2013
Why do Africa always shot themselves on the foot?
The team had 90mins + to win the match and the Ref only had a second to make that decision.
What happened to the Ref between Germany and England match at the world cup in SA?
Re: Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled by horlatunde(m): 7:39am On Jan 28, 2013
That mistake was dead too Costly and unprofessional. It is like a banker paying 100,000 to a person who wanted to withdraw 10,000.... He deserves it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Victorious 1980 Green Eagles Team / Leicester City Celebrates Kelechi Iheanacho's 21st Birthday / Nigeria Vs South Africa : A Must Win For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.