Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure (45500 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by Joleenluv: 8:26am On Jan 23, 2016
Hello house, just thought to share my experience.
so I had my baby at Darent Valley hospital in Kent, UK on the 22nd Dec'15.
Total bill was £3,280

Initial Reg n ANC - £400.10
Delivery (2 day stay + normal d) - £2,880. I had stitches because of a tear and blood transfusion but it didn't affect my total bill. I totally enjoyed the services I received.
Baby was getting distressed so after delivery a Paed had to see her but she was taken out of the delivery room. Had no bill for that.
Got birth certificate long and short.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by lokia(m): 11:33am On Feb 20, 2016
Please I had a baby too in Belfast. I need information on what documents my baby would need to travel back to Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
Pls which visa type is best for a pregnant woman planning to give birth in UK.. visit or medical visa?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by coolscott(m): 12:35am On Mar 30, 2016
OGIYEN:
snowdrops pls can u assist with d current cost in birmingham,cos I will like to see a gp first den take it up from there.tanks
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by jamal080(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
Wow that's wonderful ooo
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by amalektch: 6:34am On Apr 01, 2016
has it gotten that bad that people now travel out of nigeria for deliveries?
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by justwise(m): 7:05am On Apr 01, 2016
amalektch:
has it gotten that bad that people now travel out of nigeria for deliveries?

Has it ever been any good?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by jamal080(m): 1:56am On May 30, 2016
What of if the child is not born outside UK (Nigeria) and his parent apply for his british passport right here in Nigeria....
What will be the child stand when he treavl to UK ?
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by iwalewa92(f): 1:22am On Aug 30, 2016
richjah:
My wife gave birth as a visitor in Uk at the NHS Queens Hospital in Romford/dagenham area...I will advise that if your not financially stable DONT venture into it. Because I paid a whooping amount of 3,650 pounds for normal delivery and then when my baby came out, they said she had some poop stain on her which they called Mycoten or something....then my baby was taken to the NICU where we were told to pay 500 pounds for each night she spent there, she spent 3 days and thats after which i had to complain to the doctor that I am a visitor and paying heavily for the service, so my baby was discharged and the total amount spent was 4,150 pounds. The good news is that If you pay the money, then your future application will be granted once the receipts are tendered with your application. BUT if you dont pay!...Forget ever going to the UK......I re-applied with my wife and daughter and was given 2yrs....So be hopeful!....and also I only got the Long and short Birth certificates too!.

Congrats on your new bundle of joy. Biko, at what gestational age did your wife travel? And with which airline. I don't mind if you can she her point of entry experience.
Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by benlolade: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hi,MrTumble I am pregnant and am on a wheelchair in Nigeria,am so scared because of my health issue. Am thinking of travelling out of the country to the UK to give birth to my child because I dont really trust hospitals here in Nigeria,also I have family in the UK. I dont have money but I heard that hospitals are free in the UK,can you please advice me on what to do?
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
benlolade:
Hi,MrTumble I am pregnant and am on a wheelchair in Nigeria,am so scared because of my health issue. Am thinking of travelling out of the country to the UK to give birth to my child because I dont really trust hospitals here in Nigeria,also I have family in the UK. I dont have money but I heard that hospitals are free in the UK,can you please advice me on what to do?

Hospital in the UK is not free, it will cost you thousands of £££s to give birth in the UK.

Health tourist is a serious issue in the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4126306/Show-passport-fuel-bill-NHS-maternity-care.html
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by Goodguyalways: 8:15am On Feb 12, 2017
hello Good people in the house.

my wife has a british passport and wants to give birth in UK. she has already been registered in a uk hospital and has a GP.
how much will it cost for her to birth in the UK? must she pay all the bills before delivery or can she pay in installments?

Note that she isn't settled yet in the UK.

Gurus in the house, pls advice.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by SlowlybtSurely: 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
Goodguyalways:
hello Good people in the house.

my wife has a british passport and wants to give birth in UK. she has already been registered in a uk hospital and has a GP.
how much will it cost for her to birth in the UK? must she pay all the bills before delivery or can she pay in installments?

Note that she isn't settled yet in the UK.

Gurus in the house, pls advice.

Thank you.

Is healthcare no longer free for British citizens?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by Goodguyalways: 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Is healthcare no longer free for British citizens?

not free for british citizens who are not settled in the UK.

settled means you are not paying tax in UK, no utility bill whatsoever.
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by iwalewa92(f): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please help a sister. Im 6weeks pregnant and my partner wants me to come give birth in the Uk. He's a citizen and have seperated for 6years.

We r planning to apply for a six months visa(my aunt is inviting me) and we r also planning i travel early when im about 5months so to avoid overstaying my visa.

My question is, do i need to go with any document to my point of entry? If yes, what are these documents?
Do i need to say that i am pregnant in my application form?
I have called a few gp offices but i cant book an appointment until im in the uk.
Thanks

Someone biko help
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by iwalewa92(f): 4:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
lokia:
Please I had a baby too in Belfast. I need information on what documents my baby would need to travel back to Nigeria. Thanks.

Hello,
Please could you share at what gestational age did you travel to the uk, were you asked questions at the point of entry, did yu go with any document.
I am currently 22 weeks and waiting for a visa application decision. I intend to travel by end of june when I'd be 25 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by savoury84: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good day all.
Please can u get advice here. Am planning 2 go 2 Uk to av my baby but am not sure of what procedure to take. I will like if someone who has gone or planning to go can advise.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by Timi1985: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
Please can you give me the names of this hospitals. We intend having our baby in the UK and we are looking at the cheapest cost with no complications. Waiting in anticipation of your kind and prompt response.
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by lokia(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2018
Timi1985:
Please can you give me the names of this hospitals. We intend having our baby in the UK and we are looking at the cheapest cost with no complications. Waiting in anticipation of your kind and prompt response.

It's impossible to assure you there would be no complications. Also cheapest depends on lots of factors such as natural birth versus caesarian section, do you have family in UK, does your wife want epidural or pain free labour?. There are so many variables to consider which are uncontrollable.

If you know the region or city where you plan to stay, you can Google hospital closest to the address. Cost is almost uniform across NHS hospital
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by lokia(m): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2018
iwalewa92:

Hello,
Please could you share at what gestational age did you travel to the uk, were you asked questions at the point of entry, did yu go with any document.
I am currently 22 weeks and waiting for a visa application decision. I intend to travel by end of june when I'd be 25 weeks.

Sorry just seeing your question. I presume you have sorted this out by now?
Re: Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure by Ginikachukwunzu: 12:41am On Jun 06, 2022
lokia:

Sorry just seeing your question. I presume you have sorted this out by now?

Good evening please you can still help with the answers ...it would be of help to me
Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight / American Invitation Letter / Young Lady Dies In Accident In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.