Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

The Epl Teams Are The Best! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Epl Teams Are The Best! (4656 Views)

Which Of These Set Of Teams Are Biggest Rivals? / Three Matches, Two Losses At Home For EPL Teams Means They Are Overrated / Which Soccer Teams Are Celebrities Supporting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2008
hey Mr. man
my clients pay me for sound financial analysis and up date investment updates, they will continue to provide the soft dollars.
no be so. I dont tell them soccer, thats the job of Emmanuel Maradas

as for our NLand analysis, urs are jaundiced and i dont need to say more, Jackal has given you a new title.
The king of Plonkers grin grin grin

U dont need to sniff stuffs to post cos all these ur lahm being the best player in Germany can only be posted by a drug addict.
Ure insane!!!
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by hustler(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
No doubt the English teams now perform better in Europe. But then this all comes to the money factor and the fact that they have been able to attract quality players from foreign lands not the crappy English players they used to rely on in the past.

Check the lineups of these teams and count the no of English players who make things happen in this club and get back to me.

Same cannot be said of other European teams who believe so much in home grown talent.

But then to say the English teams are the best cuz  3 of them are already in the Q-finals doesnt make sense. Or is it cuz ASS-ANAL dumped Milan out of the UCL Most of their fans i know still celebrate it like a miracle. Teams like Catania,Empoli have done this in the past,

I'd say lets see an all English final first even though the other leagues have achieved this long ago,

FORZA MILAN
7 Time European Champions
5 times European Super cup winners
4 times Club World Cup winners
Countless Domestic trophies….

True MILANISTA since 1989 ,
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2008
Why do you thnk Ballack is the best German player presently? Speak and asses yourself.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Hustler
thanks for ur incisive analysis again

@Dayokanu
f'cuk u. go and ask Emmanuel Maradas
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Dayokanu
f'cuk u. go and ask Emmanuel Maradas

That is what happens when you bring forth an opinion not well thought of Spend more time doing that than just punching the keyboards.
No be your fault you have spent so much time around Chacal, Junit, Folahann, Akym and those Gaynners
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2008
That is what happens when you bring forth an opinion not well thought of Spend more time doing that than just punching the keyboards.
No be your fault you have spent so much time around Chacal, Junit, Folahann, Akym and those Gaynners
quote me anywhere, Ballack is the best German player. .
get the f'cuk out if u no get yarns
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2008
Justify Ballack as the best German player now2 or Is it that difficult? Okay Olofinjana is the best Nigerian player Okay?

Germany like Slovakia without him but they were the first country to qualify for Euro cup without him meaning the other countries are worse than Slovakia, Germany beat England in their Backyard - Wembly without Him that means If Germany is Slovakia, England is St Kitt and Nevis or Reunion Island.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2008
Justify Ballack as the best German player now2 or Is it that difficult? Okay Olofinjana is the best Nigerian player Okay?

Germany like Slovakia without him but they were the first country to qualify for Euro cup without him meaning the other countries are worse than Slovakia, Germany beat England in their Backyard - Wembly without Him that means If Germany is Slovakia, England is St Kitt and Nevis or Reunion Island.
oya justify Lahm as the best German player
i dey wait
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Mar 11, 2008
Philip Lahm is the best player in his position in the world.
He has been very consistent for club and National team.
At the last world cup he put up a far better performance than Ballack(even with one arm)
He is on the wish list of several top European clubs
In the last 2 years Ballack has spent more time in the hospital than on the field while Lahm has been putting in sterling performance week in week out.

Fault these facts and present yours in support of Ballack.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 7:49am On Mar 11, 2008
Philip Lahm is the best player in his position in the world.
ive always told you, that is a lie. Abidal and Zambrotta are better by a billion miles

He has been very consistent for club and National team.

yeah right, thats not a criteria. Rooney has been consistent for club and country doesnt make him the best player in the world

At the last world cup he put up a far better performance than Ballack(even with one arm)

Thats another lie. Ballack was the best German player at the world cup. he single handedly carried the team on his shoulders. maybe we saw a different world cup

He is on the wish list of several top European clubs
and so, just like Benzema. Does that make him the best player in France? Puhleaseee

In the last 2 years Ballack has spent more time in the hospital than on the field while Lahm has been putting in sterling performance week in week out.

Just because Eto'o has spent more time on d sidelines cos of injury doesnt make other strikers better.
Ballack is back playing and we all have seen how vital he is when hes playing. No one compares to him in Germany.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by Chacal: 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ tkb417,

Evra, Gael Clichy and Ashley Cole are all better than Phillip Lahm.
If i go even deeper, i will choose Christian Bale of Tottenham.
Lahm has no finesse at all . . . . .He just huffs and puffs. . . . reminds me of Taiye Taiwo. grin grin

Only an IDIOT SAVANT like maniac Dayokanu will compare Lahm with Michael Ballack.
Ballack has been the best player that came outta Germany for the best part of the last 6 YEARS!!!!!
U have to agree at this point that Dayo talks via his ass . . . . He is the most spastic and the most motor-moronic Arrow this forum has seen.
I still wonder how u understand this cunt with the amount of drivel he spits per second.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2008
@Jackal
it beats me to read all those gibberish from Dayokanu everytime.
how on earth will someone say Lahm is the best full back in the world?
how? what has he won personally? what has he done for club and country?
i think Evra is better than Lahm obviously cos my main man Evra is the next best thing in the EPL.

Ballack and Lahm? incomparable!!
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2008
Evra Who has under 10 caps for country at 27 years of age. In the last world cup, Lahm was in the mastercard 22 but Abidal wasnt

Clichy? Uncapped for country is better than Lahm? Even Ashley? Ballack is good but in the last 2 years what has Ballack done? Just like saying Ronaldinho is the best player from brazil in the last 6 years would make you disagree that Kaka is the best Brazilian player in the last 2 years.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 7:26am On Mar 12, 2008
@dayokanu
oya leave the lahm issue and lets get down to the main topic

How will you honestly rate the EPL sides?
Inter (the best team in Serie A) has just been beaten home and away by the fourth best team in England.
Arsenal thrashed AC and just recently, United went berserk dealing 7 goals to Roma

Are you saying all these are flukes?
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2008
EPL is the most improved league in Europe not yet the best. The best league did not become so in just 3-4 years

While La Liga and Seria A can boast of lifting the ECL trophy twice in the last 6 seasons (RM & Barca for La Liga & Milan 2wice for Seria A).

How many English sides have lifted the trophy within same period and how many times - just one thanks to Pool, does that make the league the best

Using the UEFA Cup as a yardstick, while La Liga can boast of being the title holder and a back-to-back win (thanks to Sevilla). Has the premiership sides been so

fantastic As a matter of fact, in recent times how many EPL side has won the title and by what no of times Please educate me & assess your self rated Europe's

best league.

At a time when German teams were playing UCL finals anyhow no one ever called them best in Europe 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002.

While I agree EPL is the most improved league in Europe right now, guy, it is definetly not the best!!! So stop the typical Naija fan thing,

one or two good achievements and Super Eagles ends up being the best thing that ever happened to African football.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by tkb417(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2008
you want me to speak Yoruba for you or you don dumb finish simple comprehension you no fit get again.

History? yeah the Italians are there, the la liga and even the EPL comes third if you count the number of trophies.

What on earth are you talking about?
Liverpool has won many times, United, Villa, forest have all won. Sum it up and tell me the difference in trophies if its history you want.

Barring history, any sane human being will tell you a league that has four out of the best 8 in europe is the best.
A league that had 3 of the best 4 last seaon is the best.
A league that will boast of Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Chelsea is simply the best.
As at the last time i checked, i can't see any team in the last 8 that can confidently boast of upstaging any of the four teams i mentioned.

Why do you always run to the archives to tell me the best team.
Is forest better than Arsenal based on past performances YES
is Forest better than Arsenal now NOOOO

The EPL is the best noww
get it now, its aint rocket science
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2008
Inter (the best team in Serie A) has just been beaten home and away by the fourth best team in England.

Last season AC Milan the fourth placed team drubbed the EPL champs If I am to analyse it your way meaning the best EPL team is not as good as the 4th placed serie A team? I have told you footie is not Algebra.

EPL is the most improved league in Europe not yet the best. The best league did not become so in just 3-4 years

At a time when German teams were playing UCL finals anyhow no one ever called them best in Europe 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002.

While I agree EPL is the most improved league in Europe right now, guy, it is definetly not the best!!!
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by Chacal: 2:14pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

U can twist the facts, twirl it around and do whatever. . .
The EPL is the best league in nthe world as we speak.
Milan did not come 4th last season by default. . . .They got involved in match-fixing schitzo and points were deducted from em. . .
Your analogy about Milan(4th) beating EPL champions does not hold a droplet at all.
Let em come n beat EPL champions now if they are capable.

4 ENGLISH teams in the last 8 of UEFA speaks volume, . . .
Last season, it was 3 in last 4 of UEFA . . . If this means nuthing to u, then 1 + 1 must be the most difficult task u have ever solved.
How many German teams are left now? ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
I think UEFA should reduce Bundesliga slots to 1 and make English 5 or even 6. . . . .
People are getting tired watching Nazis play with the elite of Europe.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by deola1(m): 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2008
tkb u don mad.

won ti se epe fun e wa lati le. oni nu bubu
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by folahann(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2008
why is dayokanu still posting here, i thought u said there is no way arsenal can undo milan
loser like you
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by McOmo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2008
@Chacal and TKB 419

why dont u just agree with Dayokanu that the EPL is the most improved league and LETS MOVE ON ?

are trophies even awarded for these things titles ? undecided

it cant really be said that the EPL is the BEST just about now cos they have been consistent in the Semis having more sides . . . .the snag to last season was the fact that AC Milan as the only non-English side still went ahead to win it . . . embarassed

but I CAN BET MY LAST DOLLAR . . .AN EPL SIDE WILL WIN THIS SEASON and then we can rightfully say THE EPL IS THE BEST LEAGUE cool
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by hustler(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
For one to say the EPL is the best cuz of 4 teams in the q-finals makes it sound like the EPL is made up of just those 4 teams.

Do not get me wrong, these 4 have improved in terms of quality, but then apart from these 4 teams in a 20 team league, what other teams are worthy of mention when we discuss this league.

This is the main reason why a Ballon'dor winner and FIFA player of the year has not come from these league in the past how many yrs(Pls do the counting).However when u see other leagues and their top four teams constantly changing every yr,then u start to believe that the EPL is not really competitive.

It is a known fact that we already know the top 4 teams in the EPL now b4 the league ends. But can we say that bout the La Liga,Serie A or Bundesliga?? But then i agree with Dayokanu, thanks to the Shinawatras, the Randy Lerner's, The Gillette's e.t.c, the league is improving.

Lets judge leagues on the overall standard of play team by team.

Hoping the Viola whip the Toffees tonite.
Go Montolivo, Go Kuzmanovic, Go Donadel, Go Osvaldo
Run ur hearts out in the UEFA CUP so u stutter in the league and let Milan take 4th place.

FORZA MILAN
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by Chacal: 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ hustler,

U are talking via your ass. . . .

What other teams can u mention in Italy if u take out Milan, Inter Milan, Roma and Juventus?
What other teams can u mention in Spain without Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia and Villareal?
Every league has a dominant quartet who are stronger than the rest. . . There's nuthing u can do to that one.

The EPL has been the strongest league in Europe for the last 3-4 years.
U only need to look at the quality of players and MANAGERS gracing this league and the organisation.
Milan, Juventus and other Italian twats bought their way to their numerous titles in the last 2 decades so me cant reckon with their achievements.
After the match-fixing scandal that revealed these Italian clubs. . . what has become of em?
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by hustler(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2008
y do u have to make these dumb comments all the time.

Be realistic for once in ur life

Quality managers?, i only see one presently in Rafa Benitez.Quality players for the last 3-4 yrs, Do they have awards to back up their quality?? Ballond'or, FiFA player of d yr, o okay at least they have a recent CAF player of d yr.

The organization of the league.U got me there it is not in doubt.I bet the EPL has clouded ur mind so much u do not know enuff European football to know that Lazio,Udinese graced the UCL in that time frame, U also dont seem to be aware that Deportivo,Real Sociedad,Sevilla have done same in the La Liga. And that Bayern did not make the UCL dis yr for all their dominance.

When will this happen in the EPL?

Quartets that are dominant exists only in the EPL, La liga and Seria only have at most 3 consistent sides

Did Milan also buy its way to 3 finals in 5 yrs in the UCL?
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by Chacal: 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ hustler,

I can see anutha HiTV kid resurfaces. . . . .
What do u know about European football.

If Milan and all Italian teams can buy their way in Seria A. . . .I see no reason why they wont do the same in Europe.
Berlusconi is a toughie. . . . .he can do whatever so put a sock in it .

Rafa Benitez is the only quality manager u can see in the EPL?
Ferguson? Wenger? Goran-Eriksson? Juande Ramos?
There's no point dragging this further with ya? U have no clue.

If u were not a DSTV kid, u would know Blackburn, Newcastle and Leeds have all given it a shot before.
I have argued this on Nairaland before. . . . .There have been more than 10 different teams that have finished in the top 3 in the last 15 seasons.
Go and do a bit more history and find out only 7 teams have been present in the Premiership since inception in 1992.
How predictable is this EPL?

World Player of the year? We dont need FIFA to tell us who plays the best footie in the world.
We aint blind, we can see. . . . .FIFA should nominate Kaka or Maldini again this season for all i care.
How many Spanish teams are left? How many Italian teams are left?
Do the math and pass the spliff u r smoking to the next tramp.
Fucking cunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2008
For the past 4-5 years The top 4 in EPL is as sure as anything. In Italy, we have had lazio, AC, Udinese, Milan, Juve, Inter, Roma, Chievo, in top 4.

Spain has had Valencia, Betis, Villareal, Barca Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla etc

Germany has Bayern, Sttutgart, Bremen, Schalke, Leverkusen, Hamburger etc.

But top 4 in England is merely reshuffled year after year
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by dayokanu(m): 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2008
Best’ is a virtually impossible term to define.

The one thing that is certain is that there are four big leagues in Europe,

four leagues where the overwhelming majority of professional footballers aspire to play.

(Those of you who look down on the Bundesliga may wish to note that the captain of Brazil and the World Cup golden boot winner play there,

and at Euro 2008 Spain’s will probably be the only squad not to feature a Germany-based player).

Of these four leagues, each is superior in its own way.

If you like fast football and intense challenges, England is for you.

If it’s skill and intricate football you’re after you’re probably into Spain.

Italy leads the way technically and tactically

while Germany boasts the highest goals-per-game ratio and the biggest attendances of any league in the world.

They all have something to offer.
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by rikkyjen(m): 1:36am On Mar 13, 2008
while Germany boasts the highest goals-per-game ratio and the biggest attendances of any league in the world.

@ DayoKanu grin grin

Pls dont let I-Man,Tkb and Chacal see this thing. why should you lump the Die Bundesliga with the aforementioned leagues??

We all think(including you) that this current Bundesliga league needs to be lumped together with 'em other Grade B leagues. Am talking about 'em Bundesliga contempoaries in the Dutch eredivisie, Le Championat and the Superliga in portugal. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by debosky(m): 1:42am On Mar 13, 2008
@ rikky

I disagree - Ligue 1 should be in a HIGHER tier than the German Bundesliga - at least that league regularly produces top class talent, unlike the Bundesliga which apart from a few exceptions is the home of players who couldn't make it big in the top tier leagues cheesy
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by 4Play(m): 1:51am On Mar 13, 2008
dayokanu:

Best’ is a virtually impossible term to define.
The one thing that is certain is that there are four big leagues in Europe,
four leagues where the overwhelming majority of professional footballers aspire to play.

(Those of you who look down on the Bundesliga may wish to note that the captain of Brazil and the World Cup golden boot winner play there,
and at Euro 2008 Spain’s will probably be the only squad not to feature a Germany-based player).

Of these four leagues, each is superior in its own way.
If you like fast football and intense challenges, England is for you.

If it’s skill and intricate football you’re after you’re probably into Spain.
Italy leads the way technically and tactically

They all have something to offer.

The above is from Dayokanu: I saw this article in Goal.com,didn't know Dayo works for them:

'Best’ is a virtually impossible term to define. The one thing that is certain is that there are four big leagues in Europe, four leagues where the overwhelming majority of professional footballers aspire to play. (Those of you who look down on the Bundesliga may wish to note that the captain of Brazil and the World Cup golden boot winner play there, and at Euro 2008 Spain’s will probably be the only squad not to feature a Germany-based player).

Of these four leagues, each is superior in its own way. If you like fast football and intense challenges, England is for you. If it’s skill and intricate football you’re after you’re probably into Spain. Italy leads the way technically and tactically while Germany boasts the highest goals-per-game ratio and the biggest attendances of any league in the world. They all have something to offer.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=618849
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by Chacal: 1:58am On Mar 13, 2008
@ Rikkyjen.

Dayo is an errorist.
One of the symptoms of MID-LIFE CRISIS. grin cheesy
Re: The Epl Teams Are The Best! by TheSly: 2:00am On Mar 13, 2008
lol. . . . why did u spill the beans now? cheesy
I saw this article in Goal.com,didn't know Dayo works for them:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger / Glo-caf Awards: Eto'o Is African Footballer Of The Year / Photos: 27years Old Nigerian-england Born Body Builder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.