Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven (28604 Views)

10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas / Something Awesome To Throw In A Food Fight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by tolugar: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
@nairaland NEPA no allow me use my MV. Either low voltage or no light. If it like let it cause leprosy of the brain. MV is a Godly invention ... Beans don boil.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by adexsimply(m): 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
tellwisdom: Does micro wave taste good??..I think i've eaten that soup before sad
microwave soup hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. YOU ARE A SIT-DOWN COMEDIAN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
tellwisdom: Does micro wave taste good??..I think i've eaten that soup before sad
Some people are so funny. Hahaaha! grin grin grin You ehn.....
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Finland(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
LMAO microwave is not a soup o!
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Pennywise(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Americans have been using microwave a long time. You would have thought that their entire population would have become zombies by now. They havent. On the contrary you all are the zombies.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
adexsimply: microwave soup hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. YOU ARE A SIT-DOWN COMEDIAN grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. grin Why did we make our posts at the same time? grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by dhariey: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ano knw say vampire dey inside microwave oo abi aw e dey coz hiv ooo
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by naffysa(f): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
I can't do without Oven and Microwave in my kitchen, Oyinbo don come again with their stupid believe. (May God protect us all)
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Finland(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
sexy glow: Ten Reasons to Throw Out Your Microwave Oven

by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell

From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

cool. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

Several studies have shown that if properly used, microwave cooking does not change the nutrient content of foods to a larger extent than conventional heating, and that there is a tendency towards greater retention of many micronutrients with microwaving, probably due to the shorter preparation time.[23] Microwaving human milk at high temperatures is contraindicated, due to a marked decrease in activity of anti-infective factors.[24]
Any form of cooking will destroy some nutrients in food, but the key variables are how much water is used in the cooking, how long the food is cooked, and at what temperature.[25] Nutrients are primarily lost by leaching into cooking water, which tends to make microwave cooking healthier, given the shorter cooking times it requires.[26] Like other heating methods, microwaving converts vitamin B12 from an active to inactive form. The amount inactivated depends on the temperature reached, as well as the cooking time. Boiled food reaches a maximum of 100 °C (212 °F) (the boiling point of water), whereas microwaved food can get locally hotter than this, leading to faster breakdown of vitamin B12. The higher rate of loss is partially offset by the shorter cooking times required.[27] A single study indicated that microwaving broccoli loses 74% or more of phenolic compounds (97% of flavonoids), while boiling loses 66% of flavonoids, and high-pressure boiling loses 47%,[28] though the study has been contradicted by other studies.[29] To minimize phenolic losses in potatoes, microwaving should be done at 500W.[30]
Spinach retains nearly all its folate when cooked in a microwave; in comparison, it loses about 77% when cooked on stove, because food on a stove is typically boiled, leaching out nutrients. Bacon cooked by microwave has significantly lower levels of carcinogenic nitrosamines than conventionally cooked bacon.[25] Steamed vegetables tend to maintain more nutrients when microwaved than when cooked on a stovetop.[25] Microwave blanching is 3-4 times more effective than boiled water blanching in the retaining of the water-soluble vitamins folic acid, thiamin and riboflavin, with the exception of ascorbic acid, of which 28.8% is lost (vs. 16% with boiled water blanching). source wikipedia.org
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Every thing has its down sides. After I read about the down sides of using a microwave oven about 3yrs ago(not jes a microwave oven, anything that is used to heat up food meant for human consumption) I was so scared to eat anything. I couldn't even drink ordinary water because you'd hear things like water without minerals in it is unhealthy or chlorin present in water and stuffs like that. For a whole month I was drinking only black/green tea. I wouldn't even want to use tap water, not even bottled water. I was considering getting a whole house filter to filter every single water in the house. For a whole month I was that way and lost a lot of weight that when my Mom saw me after then she was like,'what is this Is it that you don't have money again that you're this thin?' My lil sis now responded saying, she's watching her weight. For where! Watching which weight? Na fear cause am.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Roland17(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
The Microwave can also be a health hazard, when the microwave is in use please stay as far as possible from the running microwave, the heat emitted can be cancerous especially to the skin.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by psych1: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
No wonder I now realize why there are so many jinked folks on N/land. Microwave ovens have wrecked their br**ns.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by NaLaugh: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
It's true.

Infact my microwave once tried to toast my girlfriend when i wasn't home. Had to throw it out.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by snthesis(m): 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
adexsimply: if this information is accurate, then the whole world would have been in a state of regression.. i mean physically and mentally, about 25% of the world's population would have been mentally deranged or be suffering from not less than a hundred ailment each..so I vehemently oppose those assertions!!!
ur post is actually d proof tongue
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
I don't see how this will stop me from eating microwaved food. After all some day we are all still going to die.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by redsun(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
I have always known it is not unormal like electric blanket,but they seem to be necessary evil in a jet and self destructive world. More like women too.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
#TeamNoRadiation! undecided
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by tmd01: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
Thanks for this information but now OP,you've just given me some work for the night(verifying this your story) angry and i have to quickly throw in my dinner before verifying
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
vislabraye: Let me badge into Larry sun and sugarmania's playground.

Are we safe ? Technology has its pro and con. Nothing beats using firewood to cook. That's what our ancestors have been using and they never had cancer.

They had cancers, but since native doctors don't know what cancer was back then, it will be alleged that some 'witch' or 'evil spirit' has cursed them for one evil or the other.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by warrior101: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2013

From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

cool. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

Na be say Oyinbo people don die finish. Because they use a micro wave almost everytime they eat. Let's see your source @ poster
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by NEROSKY(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
Thank God for us wey no get microwave o! What's microwave?

Oh
I remember watching desperate housewife!
That was the first time I saw microwave but I use to see microphone every day.. All the same, I think we're safe
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by adexsimply(m): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: Lol. grin Why did we make our posts at the same time? grin grin grin
maybe because we are supposed to be COMPATIBLE... grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by adexsimply(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
Roland17: The Microwave can also be a health hazard, when the microwave is in use please stay as far as possible from the running microwave, the heat emitted can be cancerous especially to the skin.
i have heard the same thing aout placing laptops on your laps...but fortunately, i ve neva seen sum1 who got cancer of the skin through.....
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Neoviper147: 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2013

[size=13pt]These only relates to food cooked with microwave and not food warmed with microwave[/size] smiley smiley smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
adora4u1: Larry-Sun,why don't you invite Shugamania to spend some time on your pillow! Just ask her out and not this stylish flirting! wink grin
Okay, perhaps I'll do exactly just that. But not the pillow o.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by AroOkigbo(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
slimyem: Throw out fire!!
Na something go kill person abeg..
If you throw out microwave con get accident and die same day nko..?
Duh!!cool
In that case, throw away your accident immediately after throwing away your MW.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by adora4u1: 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Okay, perhaps I'll do exactly just that. But not the pillow o.

Ok, the pillow can wait till later. Just keep me posted! wink grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
adora4u1:

Ok, the pillow can wait till later. Just keep me posted! wink grin
**Shhhhhh!** She mustn't hear that!
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
adexsimply: maybe because we are supposed to be COMPATIBLE... grin grin
lOL grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Akiika: 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
It's not a good idea to just copy and paste some garbage on internet and post here, what's the credibility of the source?. Light even dey to use the microwave sef?
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by bambuzz88: 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
greatgod2012: May God help us.
dont be so scared ,it one of those verbal pranks,to steal away reality from us,if microwave which is of a lower frequency and nd longst wavelenght can cause irradiation in foods, please do the physics will radio wave, infrared and pure white light also cause cancer to our foods i think they should have research it before making it into a food appliance so why inflictin fear to the public now,,,,fuzzy logic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cheapest peanut coating machine / Fish Lovers Come On In! / Safety Rules In The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.