Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven (28603 Views)

10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas / Something Awesome To Throw In A Food Fight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Blesphil(f): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
val_dee: Same old $h!t dog, just a different day ...
Then u need to change ur pants!cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by MrTumble: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by FXKing2012(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
There is absolutely no proof to support the claims. This is either the handiwork of a scientist looking for cheap popularity or a marketing gimmick by whoever to kill off the sale of microwaves.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by obi123: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
adora4u1: Larry-Sun,why don't you invite Shugamania to spend some time on your pillow! Just ask her out and not this stylish flirting! wink grin

exactly, i was just going to say get a room already both of u
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
obi123:

Shug, are you hearing this?
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
adora4u1:

Ok, the pillow can wait till later. Just keep me posted! wink grin
Larry-Sun:

**Shhhhhh!** She mustn't hear that!

clears throat...hmmhmmhmmhmmm..
obi123:

Duhhhh..
Give us a room tongue
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Double post
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Shug, are you hearing this?

cheesy
If i talk now...someone else will ask us to get a bed.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry and Shugar you both should stop 'delairing'. tongue
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: Larry and Shugar you both should stop 'delairing'. tongue
'Delairing'...malapropism things. I like that cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
Blesphil:
Then u need to change ur pants!cheesy
Okay. I think he heard you, miss fancy pants!
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Shugamania:

cheesy
If i talk now...someone else will ask us to get a bed.
shocked Bed! I was thinking...you know...we could make out in a microwave grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

'Delairing'...malapropism things. I like that cheesy
Yeah.... If you don't stop, I'll ban you both till eternity.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: Larry and Shugar you both should stop 'delairing'. tongue

Hmmm...delairing? What's that??
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Shugamania:

Hmmm...delairing? What's that??
What you and Larry have been doing.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

shocked Bed! I was thinking...you know...we could make out in a microwave grin

Make out... Make in.. Make up.. Make way.
We're 'junking' the thread
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: What you and Larry have been doing.

Doing ke?
Ma koba mi oo.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: Yeah.... If you don't stop, I'll ban you both till eternity.
Oops! shocked You're the mod? I'm stopping asap. I'm still keeping my record of never being banned before.

Okay,

Micro Ebele waves can cause love-strike. Scientists have proven that there's an elixir mixed with a little bit of aphrodisiac which is produced from a chemical compound that erupts out of its heat-producing filament. So, microwaves not only make you fall in love, but also guarantee immortality.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
Shugamania:

Doing ke?
Ma koba mi oo.
You're kobbaing yourself already. Lol.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Oops! shocked You're the mod? I'm stopping asap. I'm still keeping my record of never being banned before.

Okay,

Micro Ebele waves can cause love-strike. Scientists have proven that there's an elixir mixed with a little bit of aphrodisiac which is produced from a chemical compound that erupts out of its heat-producing filament. So, microwaves not only make you fall in love, but also guarantee immortality.
Fake scientists. Fake findings and assertions.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Shugamania(f): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Okay,

#Gbamest#
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: Fake scientists. Fake findings and assertions.
How is it different from the OP's? grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by redsun(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pennywise: Americans have been using microwave a long time. You would have thought that their entire population would have become zombies by now. They havent. On the contrary you all are the zombies.

But the dilapidating and strange diseases in America and west in general is something to look inward for. Some ain't right somewhere.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Shugamania:

#Gbamest#
Thanks, sweerie!
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by thehomer: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
These are the sorts of tales told by people who just want to sell their books or raise their profiles.

sexy glow: Ten Reasons to Throw Out Your Microwave Oven

by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell

From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:

What are the articles? Why not simply provide links to these articles rather than just mentioning anonymous articles?

sexy glow:
1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term - permanent - brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

This is simply wrong. The way the microwave oven works is by dielectric heating which is basically agitating the molecules of the food. The brain also doesn't work with electrical impulses that can be shorted out neither is it made of metal be demagnetized. Depolarization is a normal occurrence in cells especially neuronal cells.

sexy glow:
2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

This is just false. The products of microwaved food are known and they're generally no different from cooking it over a flame.

sexy glow:
3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

This is just false. How exactly would the food cause this?

sexy glow:
4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

Also false.

sexy glow:
5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

While this is true to a limited extent, the effect is no more significant than what is obtained on a gas cooker. In fact, some foods have their nutrients better preserved when prepared using a microwave oven.

sexy glow:
6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

See above.

sexy glow:
7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.

False. Americans aren't the only ones who use microwaves and this claim would have been stronger if the source article was made available. After all, obesity has also increased in America. Is it caused by microwave ovens?

sexy glow:
cool. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

False.

sexy glow:
9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

False.

sexy glow:
10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

False.

All those that I simply said were false can easily be shown to be true if some mechanism of action or the relevant scientific study could be presented but for some reason, they're missing.

With all the information out there and people on this forum have access to them since they're online, one wonders why people are still so gullible. The useful sources are only a few clicks away.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by shamson: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Thanks, sweerie!
Another micro build-up.This microwave issue is gradually finding it way to the heart grin
Larry-Sun:

Thanks, sweerie!
Another micro build-up.This microwave issue is gradually finding it way to the heart
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by bayour80: 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: What I was taught is that, immediately eating food cooked/warmed in a microwave is very unhealthy because the waves used in cooking the food are still very much active and can react with our body cells. So one should wait for about five to ten minuites for the waves to escape into the air before eating. Then it's not so harmful. The thing is whether you cook with an oven, microwave oven,stove or whatever, your food is still gonna be greatly altered and not too ideal fore consumption. But are you gonna starve? It is said foods should be eaten raw and green. Hmmm but how would life be if we don't get to eat most of the things we eat
MAY GOD SAVE US ALL
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

How is it different from the OP's? grin
They're all the same sha...
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by benaak(f): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Scarpon]all this politician pigins wey dey eat
hot dog
fried chicken
bread
puff puff
akara
donut
bons
bugga
etc .i
i wonder oh. cry[quote author=Scarpon]all this politician pigins wey dey eat
hot dog
fried chicken
bread
puff puff
akara
donut
bons
bugga
etc .i
i wonder oh.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by LarrySun(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Vanneni: They're all the same sha...
Hehehehehehe grin grin
You see, I don't only flirt. I contribute. cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
bayour80: MAY GOD SAVE US ALL
Amen.
Re: 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Hehehehehehe grin grin
You see, I don't only flirt. I contribute. cheesy
Irrelevant contributions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cheapest peanut coating machine / Fish Lovers Come On In! / Safety Rules In The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.