Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Elrufai Makes A U-turn, Forwards "In Defense Of Elrufai" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elrufai Makes A U-turn, Forwards "In Defense Of Elrufai" (601 Views)

Kogi: INEC Makes A U-turn, Declares PDP Winner / APC Makes U-turn, Accepts Saraki As Senate President / Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elrufai Makes A U-turn, Forwards "In Defense Of Elrufai" by Idokojimmy: 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Tosyn Oseni: IN DEFENSE OF EL-RUFAI AND BUKOLA Jan
by naijarevolts
IN DEFENSE OF EL-RUFAI AND BUKOLA

“@zebbook: If Jesus criticises Jonathan’s govt, Maku/Abati/Okupe will say he slept with Mary Magdalene.”….LWKMD…..”

The quote above has unnecessarily generated controversies in the past 24 hours or thereabout but really, we are missing the point here. I am especially moved to write this considering the recent reactions from Prof. Pat Utomi and Dr.Thomas Agande as they also criticized this tweet. I am a Christian and that tweet has not in any way insulted my sensibilities as stated by Dr Agande and JESUS is not in heaven just to always pick offences from people’s words so I’m sure JESUS is not offended as he knows the intentions behind the tweet.

Let me state clearly here that the blame on this tweet has been wrongly placed on El-rufai who only Retweeted Bukola’s tweet and if you check Mallam’s  bio properly you will find out that he has it clearly written that Retweets are NOT Endorsements!! So the criticism trailing his RT is unfair and uncalled for and I see pro-government intentions here in trying to shift away from the main point stated in the tweet.

Meanwhile Ogunyemi Bukola also didn’t plan to insult JESUS as is widely insinuated but he was only saying that when you reveal government flops they will look for something irrelevant to hit you back with as is the case with Maku and Ezekwesili.

El-rufai has apologized despite not owing anyone an apology for laughing over a tweet and therefore we should not try to create any religious conflict here and Bukola also wouldn’t have had it in mind to insult Jesus on twitter, so we should move away from our religious views on the tweet and rather check the intentions behind the tweet which is clear enough to understand.

http://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai?ref=stream

http://naijarevolts./2013/01/29/tosyn-oseni-in-defense-of-el-rufai-and-bukola/
Re: Elrufai Makes A U-turn, Forwards "In Defense Of Elrufai" by Countryman93: 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!
Re: Elrufai Makes A U-turn, Forwards "In Defense Of Elrufai" by Olanlere11: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
This man is indeed foolish. For the sake of clarity, when an individual retweets, it means the tweet reflects his ideology, enjoys his endorsement, sympathy or consent. It means the tweet has gained your approval, and so you are drawing the attention of your followers to it. Elrufai retweeted @zeebook's tweet, that was blasphemous in character. The implication is that of mockery.
All Christians know that one of the cardinal commandments of God is that thou shall not use the name of God in vain. Imagine Elrufai identifying God's name intimately with a woman. The tweet obviously, is suggestive of Muslim misrepresentation of the good works Jesus did while on earth. Perhaps Elrufai was waiting for an opportunity to blaspheme, untill this one presented itself.
Having been beaten into shape by reactions, he was forced to apologized. But posting this article on his Facebook page indicates that the apology he offered was false, forced, or withdrawn. Now he has come out to defend himself.
We all know what this singular act could have generated if it was prophet Mohammed that was to be involved. We have seen islamic events in faraway country having spillover effects here in Nigeria. We have witnessed severally how Muslims burnt churches, killed Christians and so on, all inthe name of blasphemy.
This is a man that aspires to become Nigeria's president come 2015, a man with little or no idea of our religious dynamism. This is a man that has shown today that the only religion that matters is his. Well, I'm happy it happened now, now we know our common enemy. We are waiting for him to rear his head.
Re: Elrufai Makes A U-turn, Forwards "In Defense Of Elrufai" by Israelmossaic: 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
The man is confused. He should be forgiven. These Aboki people, NA so them dey. If NA Mohammed, them for burn church, the kill Christians.

(1) (Reply)

FCT Budgets N5bn For Prostitutes, Destitutes. / Patience Jonathan’s African First Ladies’ Flags Of Shame / If The Igbos Dont Do Anything About This Then I Submit That They Are Cowards..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.