Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme (13458 Views)

130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference / Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn / Reps Threaten To Order Okonjo-iweala's Arrest Over Police Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by rooftech: 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Just heard over channels tv now. Efcc rearrest yakubu yusuf over police pension scheme fraud
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by touchmehard: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
rooftech: Just heard over channels tv now. Efcc rearrest yakubu yusuf over police pension scheme fraud
Are u sure?
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Jalal(m): 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
Good development, he should rot in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by maclatunji: 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hahaha, we have a reactionary government but what we need is a proactive one. Don't wait for controversies, just make things work.

7 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by solomon111(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji: Hahaha, we have a reactionary government but what we need is a proactive one. Don't wait for controversies, just make things work.
you should direct that to the judiciary.
EFCC had done their duty by arresting and charging him to court.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Donmams(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
solomon111: you should direct that to the judiciary.
EFCC had done their duty by arresting and charging him to court.

Is it not the EFCC that makes the plea bargain arrangement? Mttssew.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by begwong: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
how can he refund only 720k with a few properties out of the 32billion he siphoned and go free
Over 4000 reirees of the police force are yet to get their benefits b/c of this man and his gang.Firing squad would have been better

9 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Donmams(m): 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Why not use his full name john yakubu yusuf so that some religious, ethnic bigots do not make the mistake of thinking he's hausa fulani? So Mischievous.

9 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
If he is an Igbo man, he will die in jail but Hausas do this kind of thing and go free. They will just get one Emir to beg fo them.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Amakamax(f): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Donmams: Why not use his full name john yakubu yusuf so that some religious, ethnic bigots do not make the mistake of thinking he's hausa fulani? So Mischievous.
What has this got to do with tribe?
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote
author=Donmams]Why not use his full name john yakubu yusuf so that some
religious, ethnic bigots do not make the mistake of thinking he's hausa
fulani? So Mischievous.[/quote]

Whoever he is, he deserves better punishment. I wish u could reason with ur head.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by brownlord: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Make em settle well na, its obvious the money when em settle no reach them share so dem won arrest so em go settle more, I PLEDGE TO NIGERIA MY COUNTRY, thief big money you no dey go jail provided you no step on president shoe
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by cecs(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Was arrested yestyda n sentenced to 2yrs in jail but to avoid d jail term he must paid 250k imagine.....a man who died down over 23billion naira #What a country

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by ojuu4u(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
i tink d judge is supposed to be tried, nt yakubu, efcc or police ds tym arround

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
All na the arrangement(Gimmick).Meanwhile, you can't try some one twice for the same offence. He will be released quietly, no one will know when. the matter go come die naturally.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by imperiouxx(m): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
If this thief is not castigated properly...... I will stop answering to being Nigerian. cool
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by konami001: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Only one word na i get for all this brouhaha.... I NOR EVEN See THE WORD self..

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Tunmich: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Donmams: Why not use his full name john yakubu yusuf so that some religious, ethnic bigots do not make the mistake of thinking he's hausa fulani? So Mischievous.

u are so daft & hopeless! must u attach everytin to religion? mtcheeew enemy of progress. be it yakubu or yusuf. thief is thief

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by LagosBoi2(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
na so the game suppose be, people don too shout so them gats re-arrange. they will release him quietly.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by brixton: 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
God in my next life (if der is any) pls I don't want to belong to same country as these ewu criminals. E beta ma person cme frm small countries like cape-verde and d likes.... Naija mata tire me

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Blame it all on our criminal justice system. D only place d Judge erred was giving an option of fine bt d decision was not reached per incuriam.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by winnag: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
Really sad that the man was let off the hook with that ridiculous sentence. What a good msg for those theiving govt officials. I fear for naija

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by LagosBoi2(m): 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote
author=brixton]God in my next life (if der is any) pls I don't want to
belong to same country as these ewu criminals. E beta ma person cme frm
small countries like cape-verde and d likes.... Naija mata tire
me[/quote]

go enter lagoon so that new life go quick come.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by onyeego(m): 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
20pounds: Blame it all on our criminal justice system. D only place d Judge erred was giving an option of fine bt d decision was not reached per incuriam.
Why will u blame the Judge
The constitution says 2yrs or fine.
The man paid d fine, forfeited his properties and walked away.

Or do u prefer the judge pass a sentence that is not constitutional?

No matter how sad we feel about d case, its d law
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Boss13: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
The judgement is an insult to Nigerians, a crime to the families affected, a slap to eradicating corruption and an incentive to steal more.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by yomip3t(m): 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
onye ego:
Why will u blame the Judge
The constitution says 2yrs or fine.
The man paid d fine, forfeited his properties and walked away.

Or do u prefer the judge pass a sentence that is not constitutional?

No matter how sad we feel about d case, its d law

Will you Shut up if you don't know what to say on here !
We aint talking about your village constitution here !
Even your village customary court sef no fit give judgment of 2yrs to someone who steals goat in your village.

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by wellmax(m): 6:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
The trial judge should be arrested too

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by vinuyon: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
People, it is with deep amazement that I read the judgement. If the sum claimed to have been stolen is true(if more has not been covered up), then, giving the man Yusuf the balance of N300m after confiscating the remaining N23B, 4.6 million Nigerians will share this money at the rate of N5,000 per individual.

+++23 Billion / N5,000 =4.6 million people

Now imagine what just ONE man in ONE parastatal is doing? Just imagine the number of other people exposed to such sums or even larger and what they can do/are doing.

Just Imagine.
Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by slimfit1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
No the trial judge should be killed just like how they wanted to kill me in my sleep for defending the weak.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Ngwakwe: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
A well developed institutionalized constitutional democracy is what we need.

The problem of Nigeria is the lack of independent civil societies and selfless political and social activists who help in lobbing and building institutions that drive government policies irrespective of who is elected.

See what Civil Societies are doing in Egypt notwithstanding being in minority.

maclatunji: Hahaha, we have a reactionary government but what we need is a proactive one. Don't wait for controversies, just make things work.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by slimfit1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
We should let the police people go and defend themselves self I don't know why I'm bothered about themself. It's live they don't teach them human right laws. They should go and fight for there right simple I don't even care again.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
how does this change the fact that his name is yakubu yusuf?
are the names of hausa or fulani origin?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / Manashe Ehile: Aregbesola’s Ex-Aide Launches Mobilisation Group For Osinbajo / Babatunde Fashola For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.