Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate (745 Views)

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign / Alleged $2bn Fraud: FG Asks Court To Revoke Dasuki’s Bail / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by TheGister: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
The Senate, on Tuesday, asked the federal government to revoke the operating certificate of Dana Airline.

Federal law makers also recommended that Harold Demuren, the Director General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), be sacked for negligence and incompetence.

The call followed the consideration of the report on the June 3, 2012 crash of a plane belonging to Dana Airline by the Senate and House of Representatives Joint Committee on Aviation.

Dana Airline resumed its operations last month, seven months after the aviation authorities temporarily grounded the airline over a plane crash involving one of its fleet at Iju-Ishaga, a suburb in Lagos State, on June 3, 2012. The crash killed all 153 passengers, as well as the crew members on-board, including some people on the ground.

The House of Representatives had in December made public the recommendations of its Committee on Aviation, which directed that Dana Air should be stopped from operation as well as sack of Demuren.
SOURCE
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by Desola(f): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Good call! It baffles me that a grossly negligent company that cost so many lives would be allowed to resurrect in the first place. The company should be completely closed down and both the director and aviation minister either made to stand trial or to face a panel and account for their wrong doing!
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by Omexonomy: 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Kindly change ur signature from this insult to something else this is what is causing problem in nigeria. Note i am not an igbo i am from kogi. I LOVE YOU
Desola: Good call! It baffles me that a grossly negligent company that cost so many lives would be allowed to resurrect in the first place. The company should be completely closed down and both the director and aviation minister either made to stand trial or to face a panel and account for their wrong doing!
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by Desola(f): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omexonomy: Kindly change ur signature from this insult to something else this is what is causing problem in nigeria. Note i am not an igbo i am from kogi. I LOVE YOU

Your request entered voicemail.

try again!
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by teskyg: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Senate and House of Assembly should focus on more pressing issues like pressing issues like Terrorism,corruption and infrastructural development.There have been so many crashes in Nigeria where the Airlines did nothing to compensate the bereave Families but rather rebrand and continue business as usual.Why have they not withdrawn the licence of Contractors who abadon road projects leading to the death of Many Nigerians?Why have they not enacted laws to insure citizens that travel by road?we need them to focus on their responsibilities rather than chasing shadows.
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by OmoTier1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
Desola: Good call! It baffles me that a grossly negligent company that cost so many lives would be allowed to resurrect in the first place. The company should be completely closed down and both the director and aviation minister either made to stand trial or to face a panel and account for their wrong doing!
What you do not know is if the FG decide to revoke Dana's certificate without recourse to laid down regulations by ICAO, other Nigeria based carriers might face serious retaliation from the international body, and IATA if Dana takes her protest to there.

We know the current Senate is utter useless and lack complete depth. Aviation is not one of those sectors you play politics with. If they are not aware, FAA will be keep an eye o this situation and our CAT 1 may just go with the wind if care is not taken.

In any case, it is only a recommendation which the FG is left to heed or abandon!

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by alstacs(m): 4:29am On Jan 30, 2013

I'm just wondering what you mean by negligence on the part of dana air?
You mean British airways, air France egyptair and Ethiopia air should all be grounded cos they all have lost some planes to crashes recently.
Their licences should be revoked too!

We need to be careful following some of these illiterates in the house of assembly. They claim they are watchdogs in some sectors they know nothing about and they refuse to get educated. They only shoot blanks..

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by qualified(f): 9:18am On Jan 30, 2013
On what grounds did they base their recommendations? Is that how all countries treat Airlines in their countries or are we playing politics with ours? How many Road transport companies have had their license revoked or lives were not lost on our roads?
Sack d whole staff? Hmm hope there are jobs for them? Dana was d best airline b4 d incidence and now they want to throw d baby away with d dirty water!
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by trix1: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2013
what was the cause of the crash? was this recommendation given just because the plane crashed, irrespective of the cause of the crash?
Re: Senate Asks FG To Revoke Dana’s Operating Certificate by adook1: 11:58am On Jan 30, 2013
They are looking for settlement,they want to kill the industry see them and ve u noticed they are all using provate jets hired at 1.5million per hour.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Not Bash The U.K., Lets Wait For The U.S / Most Unemployed Nigerians Are Unemployable / Pictures Of Rachid Nekazz Who Planned To Meet Boko Haram Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.