Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) (35007 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Woman & Her 2 Kids In Accident In Gombe (Pics) / How Roads Are Named; The Difference Between An Ave, St, Ln, Dr, Way, Blvd Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by GideonG(m): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
I am from Gombe state and I know all these places....
Tangale is my tribe. Shout out to all those that attended ATBU Ive been there done that!
I am proud of Gombe State!

Contrary to what Southerners believe, we are not Hausa and there is no single Hausa in my state!
but we are Northerners...North eastern part of the country.
I am a christian and Christians are like 50% percent of the population just like Muslems.
In my state almost every body has a degree and every family most send there kids to school
to university level if not it's going to be a shame to the whole family.

Beside Gombe I also Have respect for Bauchi in terms of Road network
and Kaduna is a really big city!

2 Likes

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by kutchs: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
GideonG: I am from Gombe state and I know all these places....
Tangale is my tribe. Shout out to all those that attended ATBU Ive been there done that!

Contrary to what Southerners believe, we are not Hausa and there is no single Hausa in my state!
I am a christian and Christians are like 50% percent of the population just like Muslems.
In my state almost every body has a degree and every family most send there kids to school

Almost everyone has a degree in Gombe State you said?
I cant believe a Christain said that.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by usm537: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2013
dominique: Nice effort by op usm tho I saw a lot of repeated pictures. The North has the best road network in Nigeria. Don't mind living there if not for the arid weather and unrest.

the repeated pictures give a different angle of the scene
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by usm537: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
salt 1: I was in Gombe during Goje's regime. Long before BH
Empty town! Very very empty! Travelling from Borno to Gombe raises serious questions on the real population of the North. The state capitals look empty and the countryside is deserted. I don't know where they get the high populations they post as census figures. The only densely populated town in the North is Kano.

These pix are nice but I doubt if they are representative. This must just be the capital

Gombe has the lowest population in the north and hence it appears empty and yes you are correct the capital has better road network compared to smaller towns and villages
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by usm537: 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
1Dray: Op, can you please post Hurumin Da'o and Angwan Biliri roads?

Sorry i don't have those pictures
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gombe is more populated than yobe,taraba,nassarawa(2006 census). Also its the commercial nerve centre in northeast so its a big city(pop 700,000) the op took picture of residential area hence d low vehicular movt. But i promise when i go to the city to take picture of busy places.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Josh316(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
Na wah oooo!!! Bros wey take these pics, u sure say you no be Russian spy grin grin grin
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gombe is called the 2nd of kano due to its commercial nature most companies have thier regional offices to serve d northeast eg pz, nnpc depot, phcn substation. Grain reserve silo (d only in the northeast) most banks have gombe as thier regional offices other industries include Ashaka cement, wapcot (cotton processing plant) International grains market, 3 multiuse dam, maiganga coal processing plant 4 power, n many that time cannot permit.so gombe is not a civil servant city like bauchi, yola,jalingo,damaturu but commercial city n is nicknamed the "onisha of northeast" .
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by jeebz: 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2013

I slightly disagree with you, I think it's more lyk 70% muslims(7 local govt's in the North and Central of the State are almost completely muslim except Yemaltu Deba which has lyk 20% xtian), and in the 4 southern LGA's Billiri,Kaltungo,Shongom and Balanga have a number of muslims both Tangale,Waja and Fulani muslims. HRH Alhaji Muhammadu Saleh, Mai Kaltungo is a muslim as well as the Bala Waja, Alhaji Danjuma Muhammad.
As for roads, there are only about 4 roads in Billiri LGA, Gombe-Yola road, Market road thru the LGA headquarters, the road that passes thru bangaje,tanglang down to Lega,Shongom LGA, the road that links to Kashere in Akko LGA and the road from the front of the Bus Park to the junction where the previous three road meet.

Development is still far from the other 10 LGAs in the state
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 10:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Mr jeebz it seems it long when u have been to gombe cos in all the 10 lga the govt is constructing 5 new road in each also in billiri,kumo,bajoga,nafada,dukku d govt is building higher inst. So d lga are also develop.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by outrage: 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2013

Guy when you finish?
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by sesytrice: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
Valiantvaliant: what exactly do you mean by the bolded. All these corpers coming to deflower innocent girls.

@topic.
You can check my location i've lived in Gombe for 8years but i am currently in Bauchi for educational pursuit so non of you can tell the story better than me.
I will be back.

Point of correction, i never deflower your girls, instead they deflowered me cheesy grin I like tangale girls, slim,dark and beautiful. They also like to drink beer. smiley. The Tula, terra girls are not as beautiful as the tangale girls. I love gombe and its my second home. grin
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by justmenoni: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2013
Very Impressive.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by dgb4(m): 11:48am On Jan 31, 2013
wow, this state looks cool.
the roads are so wide, Sparsely populated.

I feel like relocating to gombe, PH traffic too much and the number of people living here is killing.

I like the frontage of that GTBank as well. tongue
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by ikeyman00(m): 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
@@@@

so after all these years this is Gombe abi?

those looters that go to mosque to pray should be lined up for stoning
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Good job.........very impressive....Ekiti na here u dey.......
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by jeebz: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
It's been over 14 months since I left Gombe and I'm really inching to return even for a few days.I miss dog meat and pork @ Bore Market and Banganje Market on Wednesdays.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by miky(m): 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
nice to see the north coming up my sister was born in kano my mum did her stuff in abu.. would have loved to go visit there but i dey shake lol!! one day sha one day...
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by jeebz: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Guyz please I need to confirm if Government day secondary school yal has been commissioned as a boarding school by Gov Ibrahim Dankwanbo
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Uwakuwak(f): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lovly
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by AbuEzeFemi(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
outrage:
I can confirm this is gombe, I am sire you passed through bauchi right?

Bauchi has better road network, finner roads neater streets..
In general a finner town than gombe.
Abu walahi Gombe is d home of beauty
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by darfay: 3:16am On Nov 18, 2018
GideonG:
I am from Gombe state and I know all these places....

What is the religious and ethnic demography of gombe and bauchi like. I never knew they were Christians in Gombe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Ibadan: Fuel Tanker Exploded. / Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch / Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.