Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez (15873 Views)

Racism: South African Blacks Are Weak / Blacks Are Generally Being Slaughtered In Libya---obama Remain Silent. / Interesting Article, Destroying Myth Most Blacks Are On Welfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
adexsimply: that means u are deceiving urself bro
MAYBE I AM. BUT I BELEIVE U CAN DO BETTER THAN WHERE U @. HOLD ONTO THAT DONT LOSE IT BROTHER. WHEN U GET HOME DO SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE U A BETTER PERSON....... JUST 1 THING. PEACE
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by litgirl22: 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
Go back and read my first post here. Ancient civilizations no doubt may have had a term depicting our ebony or dark brown color, yes.

But we are talking about the word "black" which is undoubtedly an English word.

As stated look up the dictionary meanings.

Even those of us with good Intentions are brainwashed to think this way. 'Black' has proven to be more sinister for us. More so than 'nigger'.

ROSSIKE:

The equation of white with goodness and purity and black with evil is a relatively recent western invention. Probably no more recent than the 17th century.

In pre-colonial Africa, white was regarded as the colour of the devil. Evil came in the form of a white mask and/or white facial/bodily ornamentation.

All the ancient gods and deities revered by millions across the world were originally depicted as black - Buddha, Osiris, Isis, Horus, Krishna et al.

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
No one and i repeat absolutely NOBODY can make you feel inferior WITHOUT YOUR DARN PERMISSION.....SELF LOATHING AND GREED THAT MADE YOUR FORE FATHERS SELL ONE ANOTHER INTO SLAVERY IS A GOOD INDICATION OF MORAL AND MAYBE EVEN INTELLECTUAL INFERIORITY! END OF! I AM BLACK AND PROUD AND I SEE NO OTHER CHOICE THAN TO BE PRIDEFUL! INFERIORITY COMPLEX GOSH, NOT EVEN IN MY BONE....

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
huni_naija:

To be honest i think the black race is finished! We're in too deep! And i'm not being pessimistic! embarassed

LOL I FEEL U. IT STARTS WITH EACH OF US HERE. DO UR BIT INSPIRE OTHERS AROUND U.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by mayoroflag(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
There is no miseducation.

We have just experienced value systems that have tended to reinforce an inferiority complex (for instance, our cultures naturally place premium on foreign cultures). In fact a few of our systems actually encourage a superiority complex but a failure to be able to express this into English or demonstrate superior economic management and science in political economy is what is largely undermining whatever sense of superiority might have been achieved.

Also even in systems with obvious problems, the elites in any black society are not usually willing to give way to competent people to drive their community's greatness. In fact during the early independence years in AFRICA, such people were eliminated by imprisonment and left to die in sickness and neglect (with largely the exception of Mandela and a few others under twisted circumstances).

Africans have not evolved from the illusion of the absoluteness of their leaders, which the whites, Asians and recently, some Arab nations have emerged from.

It will take a combination of education and common interests that go beyond our ethnic and religious barriers for now. Until then, the transition continues.

N.B Note that Obama is not a product of this system. This made it easy for him to be easily accepted and for him to de-emphasise the victimist mentality that continues to plague most black Americans.

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
litgirl22: Go back and read my first post here. Ancient civilizations no doubt may have had a term depicting our ebony or dark brown color, yes.

But we are talking about the word "black" which is undoubtedly an English word.

As stated look up the dictionary meanings.

Even those of us with good Intentions are brainwashed to think this way. 'Black' has proven to be more sinister for us. More so than 'nigger'.

There is no time that blacks have not considered themselves blacks. And the term black became ''evil'' ONLY with the rise of western racism in the 17th century, and their subsequent dissemination of the concept through their domination of global media.

The ancient Egyptians, who were black Africans for the most part, called their country Kemet - black country. They described themselves as 'Kemmui' ie the black ones, literally.

So the term black was never regarded by blacks as a derogatory term at all. It was white that was seen in such ways - as signifying a human deficiency. Almost a form of leprosy.

3 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by litgirl22: 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
All I can say is that you reread my first post and think outside the box here. Give it time to click for you.

You are stuck trying to place the ENGLISH WORD of black which has also been a lingo of British people and associated with negativity, with more objective terms from the ancient world.

If you feel comfortable calling yourself this word with its connotations go ahead.

As for me...I have rejected that word.

ROSSIKE:

There is no time that blacks have not considered themselves blacks. And the term black became ''evil'' ONLY with the rise of western racism in the 17th century, and their subsequent dissemination of the concept through their domination of global media.

The ancient Egyptians, who were black Africans for the most part, called their country Kemet - black country. They described themselves as 'Kemmui' ie the black ones, literally.

So the term black was never regarded by blacks as a derogatory term at all. It was WHITE that was seen in such ways - as signifying a human deficiency. Almost a form of leprosy.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
engineerd: No one and i repeat absolutely NOBODY can make you feel inferior WITHOUT YOUR DARN PERMISSION.....SELF LOATHING AND GREED THAT MADE YOUR FORE FATHERS SELL ONE ANOTHER INTO SLAVERY IS A GOOD INDICATION OF MORAL AND MAYBE EVEN INTELLECTUAL INFERIORITY! END OF! I AM BLACK AND PROUD AND I SEE NO OTHER CHOICE THAN TO BE PRIDEFUL! INFERIORITY COMPLEX GOSH, NOT EVEN IN MY BONE....

First of all, spare us that slavery nonsense. Africans were not the first to sell ''their own'' to foreigners as slaves. The word slave infact comes from 'slav' a European term for European captives, who were sold in their millions to foreigners including blacks and Arabs, long before the trans-atlantic slave trade.

That's all part of the MIS-EDUCATION Dr Umez is talking about. The fact that you equate blacks alone with slavery is part of the MIS-EDUCATION. Because a proper education would have let you know, and let you know well, that slavery was a feature of ALL RACES at some period of their history - NOT JUST BLACK PEOPLE.

So the Dr is very correct. We are seriously miseducated.

5 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
litgirl22: All I can say is that you reread my first post and think outside the box here. Give it time to click for you.

You are stuck trying to place the ENGLISH WORD of black which has also been a lingo of British people and associated with negativity, with more objective terms from the ancient world.

If you feel comfortable calling yourself this word with its connotations go ahead.

As for me...I have rejected that word.

You are the one crediting the English with the invention of the term 'black'. But they never invented the term. The Igbo term for black is oji. The Yoruba term is dudu. These terms have been around for thousands of years. Igbos and Yorubas have never been ashamed to call themselves blacks. Same as other African groups. YOU are the one who thinks the word is bad merely because the English gave it a bad name. So you've fallen victim to their machinations by avoiding the word.

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by toluene12: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

From slavery to colonization. . . .just show me one race that has been more oppressed than the blacks.The chinese didn't suffer what the blacks experience except if they suffer what South Africa passed through in the hands of the dutch.
native americans - red indians
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by litgirl22: 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
A good analogy is this:

People of the adult female sex are called women. In ancient times and in all ages words closely aligned with this word was used to decsribe the adult female.

Herein comes a someone who sees this woman, but labels her a prostitute.

One of the given meanings of prostitute (an English word by the way) also includes woman. in its original form anyway. But it more so means a whole lot of negative terms that wise people do not wish 2 be associated with.

It is a stigmatic word regardless of whether its meaning also includes woman. Why should women embrace this negative word because it is a female derived word?
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by litgirl22: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
Haha...wow...

Do dudu and Oji mean the dictionary terms I describe? Comparing an English word Black with different linguistic origins to better and more refined African terms which were not even used to describe people.

The brainwashing is deep.
ROSSIKE:

You are the one crediting the English with the invention of the term 'black'. But they never invented the term. The Igbo term for black is oji. The Yoruba term is dudu. These terms have been around for thousands of years. Igbos and Yorubas have never been ashamed to call themselves blacks. Same as other African groups. YOU are the one who thinks the word is bad merely because the English gave it a bad name. So you've fallen victim to their machinations by avoiding the word.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Vansnickers: 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
cheddarking: Absolute rubbish.

The truth of the matter is while blacks have been repressed for centuries, many black people REFUSE to take responsibility for themselves and their actions -eager to blame the white man for their woes like Dr Umez here...

These days, the only thing that holds you back is you...regardless of your skin colour.

Thank you! You are the architect of your own success. Slavery ended years ago, yet some people prefer to keep the mental and emotional chains as souvenirs!

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by litgirl22: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
If Africans cannot even release themselves from the shackles of negative identities and concepts of self in the first place we can never be free.

I am African of a deep and melanated ebony color. Proud of a pure heritage that is not meddled with Euro-defined concepts of race.

I am not Black!
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Capnd143(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
now this has been the same school of thought i have been for years! But no one person i hav share this with has been reasonable enough to undestand my theory!!!

Just take for instance!

Most of our all what are been tought in africa is totally history! .

The teach us Laws propounded by the west! Some of which are practically not feasible in the modern concept!

Just compare this two sets of questions between the west and africa

african test;
1a. What is electric charge?
B.what is electrostatic induction?
C.state len's law of so. . . So . . .so?

West question;
1a. Apply the electromagnetic induction and create a prototype of an oxygen powered generator!
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Originalsly: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Educated by whom to feel inferior? The System or the parents?...or both? Who tell our children that their hair is not good enough and should therefore wear the hair of another race in the form of weaves or wigs? Us or the System? Who is brain washing Blacks to bleach their skin because lighter is better? Who encourages Blacks to distance themselves from their culture by trying to imitate the accents and lifestyle of Whites in particular? Why was a thread like this not go express to front page? We need to look into the mirror and really see who is contributing to the growing inferiority complex of Blacks ... generation after generation. " And after 400 years...off of the foot they took the chain...and not it look like they put it on our brain"....Mutabaruka.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

First of all, spare us that slavery nonsense. Africans were not the first to sell ''their own'' to foreigners as slaves. The word slave infact comes from 'slav' a European term for European captives, who were sold in their millions to foreigners including blacks and Arabs, long before the tran-atlantic slave trade.

That's all part of the MIS-EDUCATION Dr Umez is talking about. The fact that you equate blacks alone with slavery is part of the MIS-EDUCATION. Because a proper education would have let you know, and let you know well, that slavery was a feature of ALL RACES at some period of their history - NOT JUST BLACK PEOPLE.

So the Dr is very correct. We are seriously miseducated.

And so what? I never in my post disputed the fact that whites and Arabs sold themselves into slavery....I think you should learn not to make incorrect inference from peoples post just for the sake of making cheap argumentative shots....I really ain't got the time. You spare me the "MIS-EDUCATION" bull crap and learn how to be the master of your own DESTINY rather than blame some western power on how they are "mis-educating".......

LOL....
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by levos2007(m): 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
i was watching TV with my sister in law last night and they showed africa snow, she said" NO THIS IS NOT AFRICA , ITS WAS FILMED AT DIFFERENT LOCATION. I LAUGHED"

Black Peni5: The only news shown in the foreign media about Africa are hunger, Poverty, Corruption, etc., while the good things go unmentioned.

The solution to Africa's problem can only come from within.

Until we learn to appreciate our own things, we'll never develop.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
engineerd:

And so what? I never in my post disputed the fact that whites and Arabs sold themselves into slavery....I think you should learn not to make incorrect inference from peoples post just for the sake of making cheap argumentative shots....I really ain't got the time. You spare me the "MIS-EDUCATION" bull crap and learn how to be the master of your own DESTINY rather than blame some western power on how they are "mis-educating".......

LOL....

First off, by mentioning slavery you were implying uniqueness to blacks otherwise it was pointless mentioning it. Second, stop defending "western powers" like a slave. The miseducation the dr was talking about included perhaps for the most part, an internal role as represented by our own educational establishments, mostly peopled by blacks. His point is that we continue to perpetuate the racial and historical myths handed us down by the colonialists. Or don't you know that our educational system is a colonial inheritance? Now instead of you to see the clear truth of what he's saying, you're busying yourself with defending whites, when they aren't the primary focus of his lecture. Problem is, what's wrong with you?
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by cap28: 12:41am On Feb 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

First off, by mentioning slavery you were implying uniqueness to blacks otherwise it was pointless mentioning it. Second, stop defending "western powers" like a slave. The miseducation the dr was talking about included perhaps for the most part, an internal role as represented by our own educational establishments, mostly peopled by blacks. His point is that we continue to perpetuate the racial and historical myths handed us down by the colonialists. Or don't you know that our educational system is a colonial inheritance? Now instead of you to see the clear truth of what he's saying, you're busying yourself with defending whites, when they aren't the primary focus of his lecture. Problem is, what's wrong with you?

You are one of the very few making sense on this thread
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by cap28: 1:07am On Feb 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

It is you that is full of rubbish and garbage. You and the rest of the predictable stream of instinctive bodyguards for the 'white man' that have come in here to attack the speaker.

If you weren't so eager to play arch-defender of whitey, you would have noticed that Dr Umez was NOT actually blaming the whites, but blaming the blacks! Throughout that speech.

For instance, he condemns the way our leaders like to bank their money overseas rather than in Africa, send their kids overseas rather than at home etc etc.

He condemned the way we instinctively prefer foreign products to those made by our own.

He condemned the way some of us say things like ''the white man is a spirit'' when admiring some of their technological output. I've heard this garbage uttered many times myself, so he's saying the truth.

He says WE should stop thinking like that AND DEVELOP THE CONSCIOUSNESS that we are JUST AS GOOD AND CAPABLE as any other race. He then goes on to suggest we CHANGE OUR EDUCATIONAl system TO REFLECT this CAN DO ATTITUDE.

He tasks us to look at how other nations invest seriously in RESEARCH and DEVELEOPMENT and says WE SHOULD DO THE SAME..

I mean, how does ANY OF THIS constitute ''blaming the white man'', if not that you're programmed like a robot to stand in defence of 'the white man' at every occasion??

This is the most appalling aspect of the african inferiority complex - an overwhelming, almost desperate need to jump to the defence of the white man no matter how compelling the evidence against him.

It is even accepted wholeheartedly amongst europeans that the transatlantic slavery and colonialism are the root causes of the current problems that afflict africa today and yet there are still many on this thread who continue to bash their heads against the wall protesting the white man's innocence today the continent faces a new threat from the west - the recolonization of the continent and the appropriation of our land and natural resources with the assitance and collusion of their hand picked collaborators and yet many africans have chosen to remain blind, deaf and dumb to this invasion - I fear that Dr Umez's message has come far too late.

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by khrisponty(m): 1:29am On Feb 02, 2013
iebelieve: @braine, this is No theories....its so really..and i totally agree with d school of thought....
Dr. Umez's thoughts have historical proves.there is a document called d mandate dat was supposedly given to all d first african missionaries of the 1890s..and it was carelessly misplaved by one of d misionaries in kenya.........: d document in synopsis states:
1.teach them(africans) to read and not to reason.
2.teach them to focus and keep lookng unto the sky and neva into d ground
3. Teach them to believe in a supreme God and not their gods...
ETC etc
Inother words, d whites or colonial masters used religion to tactically get into d blackman land, they just taught our grand fore fathers to read, and dat was mainly the bible.they taught d 3Rs ...Read, Write and aRithmetics.....while our grandfore fathers exerted all their energies studyng the bible, d whites excerted all their energies developing scientifically.if u observe careful, most of the worlds invention were in d 1890 to the 1900s....
Til today, our schl curricum is built by them, evaluated by their methods and so on...and this is why there is a great difference bwteen our schls and theirs.

I 've d copy of the mandate in my inbox...i can send it to u if u're interested.....

@caps: if u 've any means of linking to Dr, umes, pls let me knw..i did like to follow and contribute my tots on hw to reshape d brainwashed minds of africans.

Mbok!! I need am, I gast frame am sef. Khrisponty@yahoo.com.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 02, 2013
cap28:

This is the most appalling aspect of the african inferiority complex - an overwhelming, almost desperate need to jump to the defence of the white man no matter how compelling the evidence against him.

It is even accepted wholeheartedly amongst europeans that the transatlantic slavery and colonialism are the root causes of the current problems that afflict africa today and yet there are still many on this thread who continue to bash their heads against the wall protesting the white man's innocence today the continent faces a new threat from the west - the recolonization of the continent and the appropriation of our land and natural resources with the assitance and collusion of their hand picked collaborators and yet many africans have chosen to remain blind, deaf and dumb to this invasion - I fear that Dr Umez's message has come far too late.

SO MY QUESTION IS WHEN DO WE MOVE FROM BLAMING THE WHITEMAN TO RISING ABOVE THE WHITEMAN'S PERCEPTION OF THE BLACKMAN. COS I DONT SEE HOW BLAMING THE WHITEMAN FOR UR PROBLEMS MAKES U A BETTER PERSON. IF WE HAVE A SYSTEM OF EDUCATION THAT IS MORE SUPERIOR 2 WHAT WE HAVE NOW LETS SEE IT.BESIDES ISNT IT THE SAME EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM THAT THE ASIANS USED 2 BRING A RADICAL CHANGE 2 THEIR SOCIETIES AND BEAT THE WHITEMAN @ HIS GAMES?

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by cap28: 2:54am On Feb 02, 2013
Babzilla:

SO MY QUESTION IS WHEN DO WE MOVE FROM BLAMING THE WHITEMAN TO RISING ABOVE THE WHITEMAN'S PERCEPTION OF THE BLACKMAN. COS I DONT SEE HOW BLAMING THE WHITEMAN FOR UR PROBLEMS MAKES U A BETTER PERSON. IF WE HAVE A SYSTEM OF EDUCATION THAT IS MORE SUPERIOR 2 WHAT WE HAVE NOW LETS SEE IT.BESIDES ISNT IT THE SAME EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM THAT THE ASIANS USED 2 BRING A RADICAL CHANGE 2 THEIR SOCIETIES AND BEAT THE WHITEMAN @ HIS GAMES?

In order to cure a disease you have to discover the cause - its important for us to know the root causes of our problems so that we can learn from them and prevent them from happening again.

what we need is an educational system which is tailored to meet our own needs not one which glorifies and worships the white man's civilisation, that is what Dr Umez was suggesting, incidentally that is how the japanese transformed themselves into an imperial power, they tailored their educational system to meet the needs of their people, foreign religions and speaking of foreign languages was banned, everything they learnt from foreigners was used to develop and enrich japan not foreigners.

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 02, 2013
cap28:

In order to cure a disease you have to discover the cause - its important for us to know the root causes of our problems so that we can learn from them and prevent them from happening again.

what we need is an educational system which is tailored to meet our own needs not one which glorifies and worships the white man's civilisation, that is what Dr Umez was suggesting, incidentally that is how the japanese transformed themselves into an imperial power, they tailored their educational system to meet the needs of their people, foreign religions and speaking of foreign languages was banned, everything they learnt from foreigners was used to develop and enrich japan not foreigners.

GOOD POINTS. KNOWLEDGE IS KNOWLEDGE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT THAT MATTERS. WE MIGHT NOT HAVE INVENTED ROCKETS BUT NOTHING STOPS US FROM IMPROVIG ON WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN INVENTED. I THINK WHAT THE JAPS DID WAS SIMPLY USE THE SAME SYSTEM TO THEIR ADVANTAGE AND BETTER THEMSELVES AND CHANGE THEIR ENVIRONMENT. HOW HAVE WE USED THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED TO BETTER OURSELVES?
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Awoofawo(m): 6:53am On Feb 02, 2013
cap28:

Ori e pee dada, I love your logic. What we as a race need to understand is that the most advance countries, are where they are today because of looking inward. China , Japan, German, Korea, even UAE etc their successes are/were base(d) on their wholeheartedly incorporating their culture in their quest for technology and national advancement.

Until we start using our mother tongues as medium of instructions , until we elevated our traditional mode of dressing to global acceptance, until we wholeheartedly embraced our oral traditions and religions.

Africa will forever remains in darkness of ignorance. Our collective duty should be in enlightening oursevle of the reality: the grand design of the white supremacy. :>
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2013
Babzilla:

GOOD POINTS. KNOWLEDGE IS KNOWLEDGE. ITS HOW YOU USE IT THAT MATTERS. WE MIGHT NOT HAVE INVENTED ROCKETS BUT NOTHING STOPS US FROM IMPROVIG ON WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN INVENTED. I THINK WHAT THE JAPS DID WAS SIMPLY USE THE SAME SYSTEM TO THEIR ADVANTAGE AND BETTER THEMSELVES AND CHANGE THEIR ENVIRONMENT. HOW HAVE WE USED THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED TO BETTER OURSELVES?

So how did you now realise he's making sense when you came in here initially blabbing nonsense about ''blaming the whiteman''? Is anything cap28 said different from what Dr Umez was saying? This should have been your first response, not the instinctive, defend whitey garbage you came out with.

And NO, the Japanese did not use ''the same system'' bequeathed Africa by colonialists, first because Japan was not colonised by western powers, and merely picked this or that feature of western society to complement her own internally generated structures - on her own terms. She also incorporated indigenous philosophies and conventions known as Kokugaku into her system, creating internal synergy, and the organic authenticity of institutions within her society necessary for collective action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokugaku

So these are some of the things we in Nigeria/Africa ought to be doing.

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Guguru102(m): 7:42am On Feb 02, 2013
iebelieve: @braine, this is No theories....its so really..and i totally agree with d school of thought....
Dr. Umez's thoughts have historical proves.there is a document called d mandate dat was supposedly given to all d first african missionaries of the 1890s..and it was carelessly misplaved by one of d misionaries in kenya.........: d document in synopsis states:
1.teach them(africans) to read and not to reason.
2.teach them to focus and keep lookng unto the sky and neva into d ground
3. Teach them to believe in a supreme God and not their gods...
ETC etc
Inother words, d whites or colonial masters used religion to tactically get into d blackman land, they just taught our grand fore fathers to read, and dat was mainly the bible.they taught d 3Rs ...Read, Write and aRithmetics.....while our grandfore fathers exerted all their energies studyng the bible, d whites excerted all their energies developing scientifically.if u observe careful, most of the worlds invention were in d 1890 to the 1900s....
Til today, our schl curricum is built by them, evaluated by their methods and so on...and this is why there is a great difference bwteen our schls and theirs.

I 've d copy of the mandate in my inbox...i can send it to u if u're interested.....

@caps: if u 've any means of linking to Dr, umes, pls let me knw..i did like to follow and contribute my tots on hw to reshape d brainwashed minds of africans.
Pls,u can send the mandate to my mailbox of actteleport@yahoo.com makeit snappy,thanks
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

So how did you now realise he's making sense when you came in here initially blabbing nonsense about ''blaming the whiteman''? Is anything cap28 said different from what Dr Umez was saying? This should have been your first response, not the instinctive, defend whitey garbage you came out with.

And NO, the Japanese did not use ''the same system'' bequeathed Africa by colonialists, first because Japan was not colonised by western powers, and merely picked this or that feature of western society to complement her own internally generated structures - on her own terms. She also incorporated indigenous philosophies and conventions known as Kokugaku into her system, creating internal synergy, and the organic authenticity of institutions within her society necessary for collective action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokugaku

So these are some of the things we in Nigeria/Africa ought to be doing.
I DONT HAVE TIME FOR SILLY KIDS WITH ANGER ISSUES. GO FIND UR REAL FATHER & STAY OFF MY D!*K B*****C
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Why won't they feel inferior when they're been taught something that's not yours. So, you would ordinary feel inferior to those who own what you're learning.
this is exactly why blacks feel inferior. Nothing more!
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by iebelieve(m): 9:38am On Feb 02, 2013
I laugh when i see pple outrightly dying in ignorance and when u try correctng them they bark @u.....if any educated african and nigerian for that matter is defending d whites, for their direct and passive roles in misguiding d black race because of their selfish gain..then ur educatn is more mis-lead/guided than d thought of Dr umez...
:::according to Phillips Emegwalli, his inventions are already been ascribed to a white, even though he is stil alive..then what happens in d next 50-100years when he's dead.
::::the incandesent lamp ascribed to thomas edison today, according to ben carson in his book ''big picture''are d brainchild of am black.
;;;street lights, and many others...for a true, the whites have done many things unmentionable'' to demoralize d blackrace
,this is not to say, d black race shud dye in d victim mentality,but these things will definately affect many of the blacks...and that's d point.

Yet, this is not what ds thread is about, its abt an educatnal system that is designed to make d receivers half-baked and has made many nigerian graduates ''graduates of History, and that's why they're not employbale in d local market not to mention d global market....nigerian don't knw contextual violatn and exaptation, so tell me how we can re-engineer what has been engineered........for those of u quoting eleanor rossevette ''no one can make u feel inferior without ur permison''let me ask u ds questn...''can ur house maid be equal to u in ur home setting? Ie in all of ur parents benevolence, can they treat ur maid as they'll treat u their child?

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by wakaman: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2013
This is so true, think this- culture capture,racism,the malthusian theory on population along with all sorts of checks on population growth in africa,cultivation and propagation of new strains of diseases unleashed on africa, the dollar denominated world trade ...... Goes on and on. But since you now know. You are free. Spread the goodnews.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ukraine War: Poland Says It Will Manage Without Russian Gas / Israel Resumes Combat Against Hamas / Saudi Arabia Resorting To Death Penalty To Crush Opposition Figures: Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.