Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? (708 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / This Prayer Shall Be Answered Instantly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by tobechi20(m): 12:56am On Jan 30, 2013
An atheist friend of mine came 30 minutes to the end of an exam . Delayed until he provided his schoolfees receipt. As a result, he didnt write much :time up, he submited. Came back bitter saying he would have to rewrite d course he failed woefully.

I told him to pray for one week and fast . God might answer him and intervene . He asked me WILL A NON EXISTING GOD ANSWER A HARDENED PERSISTENT NON BELIVER i was speachless
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Baba419(m): 4:52am On Jan 30, 2013
But the fact that his prayer won't be answered doesn't mean that his hard work must not pay off.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 30, 2013
tobechi20:

An atheist friend of mine came 30 minutes to the end of an exam . Delayed until he provided his schoolfees receipt. As a result, he didnt write much :time up, he submited. Came back bitter saying he would have to rewrite d course he failed woefully.

I told him to pray for one week and fast . God might answer him and intervene . He asked me WILL A NON EXISTING GOD ANSWER A HARDENED PERSISTENT NON BELIVER i was speachless

Good morning Tobe,

Long time no post! I trust everything is fine and please don't tell me you were serving a ban grin

Now for me, I believe the way it works is that God answers every prayer. Ultimately the answer is either a "Yes" or a "No" depending on God's plan for that individual.

It is possible for the individual to cut corners in order to get what he wants even when it is against the plan of God. This can be allowed by God given the fact that we as humans have the free will to choose or reject his plans for us.

Now coming to your friend, he is an Atheist for the simple reason that he refused a belief in any form of deity. Praying to God would imply a belief in him and believing in God would imply that he is a Theist instead of an Atheist.

God knows our every need without we asking for them; and given that he is a loving father, he takes the initiative to provide for us even when we do not ask him. We ask in order to show our reliance on him. Thus the needs of your friend can be answered without him asking.

Anyways, I am of the opinion that your friend might have done better than he thought he did and hence that might merit him a pass in the subject but if he didn't do much as he said then there is nothing wrong if he writes the paper again.

Thank you!
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Why would an atheist pray? Can an atheist even pray? Can one COMMUNICATE with one who's NON-EXISTENT? undecided

Your friend's answer is clear in this regard: HE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES...
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Yvete(f): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2013
^^ If anyone 'prays' to God, I don't think they would be atheist anymore.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by manmustwac(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2013
Actually the atheist has a very good point. How can a non existent God answer the prayer of a persistent unbeliever? I don't blame you for being speechless.

Do you ever wash your hands & feet, face Mecca & pray muslim style? If no why not is it not still prayer?
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2013
I'm sorry to say this, but I have to. This is a stupid question.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 30, 2013
PROVERBS 28 VS 9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by mumumugu(m): 1:57am On Jan 31, 2013
Any atheist that pray is more mumu than me. He is mumumugumoron. How can an atheist pray to a God that he doesnt belive in or that he belives doesnt exist.

Tobe, you are a mumumumu for given such advice

2 Likes

Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by AtheistD(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
obadiah777: PROVERBS 28 VS 9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

I thought you guys all agreed that the old testament had been abolished... so why do you keep quoting it to atheists undecided
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Bella3(f): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
mumumugu: Any atheist that pray is more mumu than me. He is mumumugumoron. How can an atheist pray to a God that he doesnt belive in or that he belives doesnt exist.

funniest post in religion sectiongrin
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by tobechi20(m): 8:39am On Feb 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning Tobe,

Long time no post! I trust everything is fine and please don't tell me you were serving a ban grin

Now for me, I believe the way it works is that God answers every prayer. Ultimately the answer is either a "Yes" or a "No" depending on God's plan for that individual.

It is possible for the individual to cut corners in order to get what he wants even when it is against the plan of God. This can be allowed by God given the fact that we as humans have the free will to choose or reject his plans for us.

Now coming to your friend, he is an Atheist for the simple reason that he refused a belief in any form of deity. Praying to God would imply a belief in him and believing in God would imply that he is a Theist instead of an Atheist.

God knows our every need without we asking for them; and given that he is a loving father, he takes the initiative to provide for us even when we do not ask him. We ask in order to show our reliance on him. Thus the needs of your friend can be answered without him asking.

Anyways, I am of the opinion that your friend might have done better than he thought he did and hence that might merit him a pass in the subject but if he didn't do much as he said then there is nothing wrong if he writes the paper again.

Thank you!
... Thks bro,

i am not serving any ban bro. Just engaged and hence not been online.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by tobechi20(m): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2013
Reyginus: I'm sorry to say this, but I have to. This is a stupid question.
... Realy?
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 01, 2013
tobechi20: ... Realy?
Yes. You should have known better when you know his belief.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by tobechi20(m): 8:50am On Feb 01, 2013
mumumugu: Any atheist that pray is more mumu than me. He is mumumugumoron. .

Address the subject and not the person
address the issue and not the speaker.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
Atheist:-D:

I thought you guys all agreed that the old testament had been abolished... so why do you keep quoting it to atheists undecided
THE OLD TESTAMENT IS VERY VALID. DONT BE FOOLED BY PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIES. THE MEAT OF THE BIBLE IS THE OLD TESTAMENT.
Re: Would An Atheist Prayer Be Answered? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
Nobody's prayers are getting answered. The religious people are just deceiving themselves. Pray all you want, but nobody's listening.

(1) (Reply)

Pastors In Hell??? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 1st May,2013 Don’t Be Distracted! By Pastor / Let's hear your story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.