Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast (10350 Views)

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match / Ways Nigeria Can Beat Ivory Coast / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by honeric01(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2013
The Super Eagles midfielder has praised the work of the coach following their qualification for the last eight of the Afcon where they will now meet the Elephants

Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel has said that they have an opportunity of stamping their authority on the Africa Cup of Nations when they meet Cote D’Ivoire in Sunday’s quarter final match.

The Super Eagles defeated Ethiopia 2-0 courtesy of Victor Moses’ penalties late in the encounter on Tuesday night.

“It’s been great for us qualifying [for the tournament] because last time we didn’t make it. This time we’ve qualified and the group of players we have, and the new manager we have – he’s come into the team and made his stance. If you want to play for the country you have to give a hundred and ten percent, that’s what he demands from every player,” Mikel said at post-match press conference.

“We’ve come out here to do exactly what he wants us to do and to play for Nigeria as well. I think it is fantastic, we’re enjoying it.

“Now we’re in the quarter finals, we just have to keep going and do what we do in training and hopefully we will defeat Ivory Coast and go to the semi finals. It’s going to be difficult but hopefully we’ll make it.”

The Chelsea midfielder rated the game against the Ethiopians highly but that they knew what they were up against while preparing for the encounter.

“I think it was really tough, we knew they were coming into the game looking to win it as well. We knew they were going to be organised in the middle so we tried to make sure we didn’t play through the middle.

“They didn’t give me any space to play as well. Throughout the game I had one or two people running behind me. It was tough but sometimes I tried to get my space.

“It was difficult for both teams but this is what you demand [of yourself] when you come to a stage like this when you have to win to qualify,” said Mikel.

The Super Eagles will next take on the Elephants in a big West African duel in Sunday’s quarter final encounter in Rustenburg.

Source: Goal.com
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by OmerianConsult: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Michael go n sit down. With that ragtag team?
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Deivid10(m): 11:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Who is Mikel? Is it nt dat same CEO of Glo?
With no game plan, no tatics, no understdin... Na mouth dem dey use win, una com dey find penalty just to win Ethiopia... Just stat nw dey book ur flight ticket joooor... Leave competition for more prepared n serious ppl.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by naffysa(f): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2013
Yes! we can

19 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by tyson99(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2013
I doubt it..
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by licensed2k(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2013
Moderators pls kindly move this to the appropriate section- jokes section I mean

12 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by licensed2k(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2013
Says the man who can't score to save his life

4 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by chucky234(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2013
We are waiting to see how you and Ogude will cope with the amazing Toure Yaya,Tiote and Zokora in CIV midfield.
I have no doubt that Drogba will be caged by Kenneth Omeruo,my problem lies with Gervino running Echiejile down on our left back.
Our attack should be well organised in a 442 formation with Moses and Ideye on both flanks

2 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by izenco2005(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria will win believe click like.

70 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Chinom(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2013
It will be possible if you, Mikel, will stop holding on to the ball for too long. Sometimes, he tries to make very unneccesary and complicated moves instead of just passing the ball to a free man. Make quick decisions.
Being the underdog could work in Eagles favour. I really want to know what the Ivorians think. They may be scared too. I quite sure they would have preffered Burkina Faso.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Fiawest(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2013
Obi...wetin u for talk b4,but I believe u can do it.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by papagiddy(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2013
mikel,sit down there dey deceive ya self! not with this eagle.it is end of d road for eagle honestly!

1 Like

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2013
this game can go any where.if Nigeria score first, it will distabilize ivorians and Nigeria can capitalize on that.remember it is African footfall.bone to bone. eleven against eleven.

1 Like

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by offshoreking: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2013
Sure, very possible, if they can struggle against Togo, it's 100% possible that Nigeria can beat them. I take it as 50/50. go there and do u thing boys.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by locdog(m): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
wit a dat stupid team
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Acecube(m): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Deivid10: Who is Mikel? Is it nt dat same CEO of Glo?
With no game plan, no tatics, no understdin... Na mouth dem dey use win, una com dey find penalty just to win Ethiopia... Just stat nw dey book ur flight ticket joooor... Leave competition for more prepared n serious ppl.
guy why you con first open the thread grin
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2013
well.. you cannot blame him.. soon they will reach where their skills can carry them... home or final
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by imperiouxx(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2013
honeric01:

“Now we’re in the quarter finals, we just have to keep going and do what we do in training and hopefully we will defeat Ivory Coast and go to the semi finals. It’s going to be difficult but hopefully we’ll make it.”

How many times I dey hear this hopefully? There is no sign of confidence sef.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2013
Am ready to donate my nairaland id to charity if Naija wins

1 Like

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by imperiouxx(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2013
izenco2005: Nigeria will win believe click like.

Believe me, I clicked on "(Report)"

5 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2013
Yes we can! After all where's the defending champion?

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Paulfish: 11:37am On Jan 30, 2013
Mikel u dey sure?
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Igwe9(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2013
That should be one heck of a game that will tell us if eagle has arrived or not
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by yuzedo: 11:38am On Jan 30, 2013
SHARRAPPPPP!!!!!! Even on Xbox, Nigeria cannot beat Ivory Coast!
Stoooopid Otu! No just vex me o!
angry

Meanwhile, Eboue has tweeted warning that they are going to eat Eagles like Fufu.. Then he said, sorry, make that Super Fried Chicken grin I believe Ivory Coast when they talk.. undecided

licensed2k: Moderators pls kindly move this to the appropriate section- jokes section I mean
grin grin grin cool

5 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by executinal(m): 11:38am On Jan 30, 2013
Mikel we are behind your coach and your co players. We know they never believe in you guys but GOD will continue to shame them all.

This is competition involving 16 countries, same pressure apply to all player and nobody want to make mistake. Take it or leave one team always emerge victorious. Last edition who believe that Zambia will be crowned the champions?

Is better to start bad do well in future, than start well and fumble in future.

GOD bless Super Eagle, GOD bless Keshi and also GOD bless Naija cool cool cool cool

17 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by mitchyy(f): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2013
You sure?

See what one Ivory coast player tweeted at us. He said they'll eat us like fufu
http://gistville.com/2013/01/we-are-going-to-eat-nigeria-like-superfried-chickens-ivory-coast-player-eboue-tweets/
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by tommykiwi(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2013
MIKEL GO PLAY FOR SHIT HOPE YOU DON LEARN FROM MOSES HOW TO PLAY PENALTY NA BA....BIG BOY FOOTBALL WEN YOU...
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by nuelkaosi(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2013
I believe!!!.. Remember Chelsea vs Bayern
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2013
I don't think so.
Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by aminho(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Now that Moses saved us
today,I hope we have a
david in the team,Our. Next
match is Against a Goliath!

2 Likes

Re: Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast by Janselem: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Omerian Consult: Michael go n sit down. With that ragtag team?
Don't mind the guy who can't score a premiership goal. how on earth will Naija beat CIV? With Efe Ambrose who is CRAP? Echiejile who Gervinho will mess with? Ogude, Mba and Mikel against Yaya Toure, Tiote and Zokora? Not failing to mention KING DROGBA against inexperienced naija defence. Goodluck guys..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze / Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. / Win Today - Free Football Predictions And Betting Tips For Today, 100℅ Winning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.