Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

KESHI: Bring It On Cote D'ivoire!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / KESHI: Bring It On Cote D'ivoire!!! (531 Views)

CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 / Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KESHI: Bring It On Cote D'ivoire!!! by TheKingsQueen: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
KESHI:BRING ON CIV!

--Eagles gaffer not worried about the Elephants
--Dedicates victory over Ethiopia to Nigerians

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has declared that there is nothing special about Cote d’Ivoire, who his team will meet in the quarter-finals of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Elephants are guaranteed first place in Group D after winning their first two games and they face the Super Eagles here in Rustenburg on Sunday.

With the way they have dispatched their opponents so far, Cote d’Ivoire have been installed as favourites, but Keshi is not fazed.

“I don’t know why you guys are worried about Cote d’Ivoire because I’m not worried about them,” Keshi said after last night’s victory over Ethiopia took his team to the quarter-finals.

“It’s going to be 11 versus 11 and we’re looking forward to the game.”

When reminded that his team struggled to qualify for the quarter-finals and would not have a second chance if they fumble against Cote d’Ivoire Keshi replied: “There will be no second chances for both sides, so there’s nothing special about Cote d’Ivoire. Let’s wait and see.”

Meanwhile Keshi has dedicated last night’s victory to all Nigerians.

“This victory is for Nigerians all over the world,” an elated Keshi said moments after the match. “I’ve been waiting so long to make Nigerians all over the world happy and this is the moment.”

Keshi admitted that it was a tough game, praising the Ethiopians for their resilience.

“I have a lot of respect for Ethiopia; they are a quality team. It wasn’t easy but we got the result we needed. They like to play the ball on the ground but we denied them the space they like and we got our win.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=2623

(1) (Reply)

They Wanted To Sack Keshi, Amanze Tells President Jonathan / Predict The Scoreline Of Nigeria Vs Mali / Afcon Final Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.