Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire (13381 Views)

CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 / How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D (2) (3) (4)

Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by nurmanteasynoni: 2:13am On Feb 01, 2013
The midfielder only received a caution and will be available for selection but his team mate Fegor Ogude will miss the clash.

Nigeria midfielder Mikel Obi is eligible to play against Cote D’ Ivoire in Sunday’s quarter-final match of the Africa Cup of Nations as the records of cards offences on the Caf website showed that he only got one yellow card, not two.

However, Fegor Ogude won’t be involved in the match as a result of two yellow cards he got in the group stage of the competition.

Mikel’s yellow card records on the site was only against Ethiopia in the last match that fetched the Super Eagles the quarter-finals ticket after they defeated Ethiopia 2-0.

Nigeria has the second highest number of cautions with 10 yellow cards while Togo has the highest number of cautions having received 11 yellow cards.

Other Nigeriam players that received cautions include: Nosa Igiebor who was cautioned in the 67th minute of the match against Burkina Faso for reckless tackle. Celtic defender Efe Ambrose also got two yellow cards and red card. He has since returned from suspension.

Ahmed Musa, Emmanuel Emenike and Godfrey Oboabona have also received yellow cards.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/01/31/3716539/mikel-cleared-by-caf-to-play-against-cote-divoire

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Omexonomy: 6:08am On Feb 01, 2013
Are u sure of what you are saying. Too much lies abound in nigeria.
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by oluwadare26(m): 6:59am On Feb 01, 2013
I wonder those people claiming Mikel received 2 match orders watched their match, Mikel is free to go but do that stop us from suffering a defeat? I avn't seen any encouraging match the eagles av played so far

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by nurmanteasynoni: 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
if we av hope,, if we believe we will win

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by FineBro(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
May the best team win. #TeamNigeria

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by mrkels(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Hahaha, Thank Gpd hes gonna play, i wonder whats gonna be their excuse now just incase they loose cheesy
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by lateef4me(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
Plus one....Let's see what happens !
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Okworigeorge(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Omexonomy: Are u sure of what you are saying. Too much lies abound in nigeria.
....check CAF official website na
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by homesteady(m): 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
i'm sure there are many people dat believe Nigeria 'll win....if u are among this set of wonderful of people....just like dis comment....lets put d doubting thomas's to shame

36 Likes

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by hoochay: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigeria strong o, imagine dem send refree home cos of us, dem come one use us crack joke sey mikel no go play. Now I bliv Nigeria is the giant of Africa. If na small country like togo make noise, na ban for life.

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by hoochay: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
oluwadare26: I wonder those people claiming Mikel received 2 match orders watched their match, Mikel is free to go but do that stop us from suffering a defeat? I avn't seen any encouraging match the eagles av played so far

so
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by mayorgt(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
Up naija
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Akshow: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
Dont know may be to be Happy or sad
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by mailemy(m): 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Goodnews,good to have all our available players ready to avoid excuses. Up Eagles
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by OluEmmaAss: 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ok. Let's see how this will rescue u from an almost sure defeat by Cote Divoire.
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by SORTER: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
HOPE MIKEL SHALL BE TAKING OUR PENALTIES GOING FORWARD O?
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by pholusac: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Gud 4 him n naija cheesy
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by lekkie073(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
he is going to play without his boots. grin

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by babaowo: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
now unah go be 1, but after football finsh unah tribalcrazy go start again..... naija nd drama!!!

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by flow1759: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigerian! Always concluding the scores of a match before its played. Even a market woman in Nigeria is a football pundit. If Chelsea can beat Barca, then we can beet ivory coast. Lets wait till the 90mins is over

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by yorke1: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel being on the field won't make any difference. Fvck Chelsea for killing the talent in him.

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by brownlord: 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
o what diff is it going to make if he was not even playing, 11 mikel would not be able to win coted voire as far as keshi is still the coach

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
lets blame PDP...
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
3 0 nigeria won. I just watch d match for black and white tv now. Mikel scored 2 obi scored 1

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by papi365: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
oluwadare26: I wonder those people claiming Mikel received 2 match orders watched their match, Mikel is free to go but do that stop us from suffering a defeat? I avn't seen any encouraging match the eagles av played so far

@oluwadare i like ur comment. Dos eaglets,me i no dey call dem eagles,re playing fantastic unprofessional and idiotic game. Ivory coast go bulldoz dem silly.
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by executinal(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
Good we can cope now cool cool
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by papi365: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
flow1759: Nigerian! Always concluding the scores of a match before its played. Even a market woman in Nigeria is a football pundit. If Chelsea can beat Barca, then we can beet ivory coast. Lets wait till the 90mins is over
@flow i won ask u,u be woman? Y u go compare club to national team? Abeg wen pple dey talk just keep quite. Na advice o no be insult.
Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by sundaybam(m): 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
We are going to win cote D'ivoire.

Re: Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire by Blazingsun: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Nigeria don take luck qualify for knock-out stage una no go let us hear word, make una relax see where luck fit carry person reach, i hear say na luck some of our leaders take pass JAMB lipsrsealed

Malawi Wants Calabar Match Venue Changed / Mohamed Salah Scores His First Goal At AFCON As Egypt Beat Congo 2-0 (Video) / Keshi Condemns Abuja Stadium Renovated Pitch