Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Queen Of Heaven - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Queen Of Heaven (6863 Views)

Queen Of England Invites Pastor J.T.Bandele To Special Event At Her Palace (Pic) / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell / Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
HerexG :

* You need to be logical in unraveling the answer's i give, i give more reasons to ponder on what ever i write.
* I'm sure the real mary is at rest in eternity and in God's fullness now but the person you folks adore and worship now is not the true mary. If Christ had wanted us to do this you folks do, He Himself would have given us instructions to .
Now whose instruction are you obeying ?
Let me digress a little
It was recorded in the old testament that images were carved to appease God in the Holy tabernacle but there is no record in the new testament that Paul or the rest apostle carved an image of Christ or Mary to appease God. Instead Christ promised us a comforter in the person of the Holy spirit to help teach us what to do after He is gone.

My question to you was:

Who gave Mary the honour you said she has in heaven? God or satan?

Why are you ashamed to answer?

Because it will expose your stupidity?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by highyo: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
italo:

My question to you was:

Who gave Mary the honour you said she has in heaven? God or satan?

Why are you ashamed to answer?

Because it will expose your stupidity?

WHERE IN THE BIBLE WAS MARY GIVEN THE TITLE QUEEN OF HEAVEN?
BECAUSE THE ONLY QUEEN OF HEAVEN RECORDED IN THE WORD OF GOD IS THE ASTHORET THE FALLEN ANGEL
SO BIBLE ITSELF HAS PROOVED THAT QUEEN OF HEAVEN IS A DEMON. SO WHO GAVE MARY A DEMONIC TITLE?

1 Like

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by GiantParrot(m): 12:00am On Feb 10, 2013
As someone who hails from a mostly Catholic family, I have been having my own problems with digesting the dogmatic (in my opinion) statements about Mary and the Church in general. I'm even getting disillusioned with all forms of religious formalism. After years of careful observation and introspection leading to freedom from denial, I am beginning to view religion the way it is currently practiced (and even what has being in practice in the past) with great suspicion. It's beginning to look more to me as a pardonable cause for brazen hypocrisy. I do however, still believe in God. Here are my problems with the Roman Catholic Church:

1. Mary is the Mother of God? This statement sounds very misleading to me. When I hear the word: God, I think of a Divine Being that exists from everlasting to everlasting. How can He then have a mother? Did Mary give birth to Jesus' divinity as the statement suggests? If anyone decides to give an answer, I would remind you that I am no longer in the frame of mind to deceive myself anymore. Please give a reasonable explanation.

2. Why is the Pope said to be infallible and a heir to Peter? Was Peter infallible?
3. Where did the term Pontifex Maximus come from?
4. Why is the Pope referred to as Holy Father and Catholic Priests as Fathers? Please read Matthew 23:9 and Luke 17:11
5. Peter did marry. Why do Popes and Priest not get married?
6. I find the murder of Galileo to be very disturbing given that the people who tried him and tortured him were supposed to be the closest to God
7. The inquisitions. There is hardly anything more antithetical to the love and compassion demonstrated by Jesus Christ than the inquisitions.
8. The sales of indulgences so as to provide the means for the construction of St. Peters Basilica.
9. What has the Church done to check molestation of minors? Do those found guilty of molestation get to face the weight of the law?
10. What relationship does God really have with Rome?

1 Like

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 4:45am On Feb 10, 2013
Let me direct you to www.catholic.com

They have answers to all you questions there. Just type in key words to their search bar.

Another good one is www.scripturecatholic.com

If you want to know about the Catholic Church, whom do you go to? The Catholic Church or its enemies?

If I want to know about your family, whom do I go to? Your family or its enemies?

Listen to us for once!
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 6:30am On Feb 10, 2013
italo: Let me direct you to www.catholic.com

They have answers to all you questions there. Just type in key words to their search bar.

Another good one is www.scripturecatholic.com

If you want to know about the Catholic Church, whom do you go to? The Catholic Church or its enemies?

If I want to know about your family, whom do I go to? Your family or its enemies?

Listen to us for once!

So in other words, you dont have answers to his questions?

Why are you directing him to a dogmatic one way traffic site?

Why not have a two way discussion with him here?
Na wao!
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 6:34am On Feb 10, 2013
GiantParrot: As someone who hails from a mostly Catholic family, I have been having my own problems with digesting the dogmatic (in my opinion) statements about Mary and the Church in general. I'm even getting disillusioned with all forms of religious formalism. After years of careful observation and introspection leading to freedom from denial, I am beginning to view religion the way it is currently practiced (and even what has being in practice in the past) with great suspicion. It's beginning to look more to me as a pardonable cause for brazen hypocrisy. I do however, still believe in God. Here are my problems with the Roman Catholic Church:

1. Mary is the Mother of God? This statement sounds very misleading to me. When I hear the word: God, I think of a Divine Being that exists from everlasting to everlasting. How can He then have a mother? Did Mary give birth to Jesus' divinity as the statement suggests? If anyone decides to give an answer, I would remind you that I am no longer in the frame of mind to deceive myself anymore. Please give a reasonable explanation.

2. Why is the Pope said to be infallible and a heir to Peter? Was Peter infallible?
4. Why is the Pope referred to as Holy Father and Catholic Priests as Fathers? Please read Matthew 23:9 and Luke 17:11
6. I find the murder of Galileo to be very disturbing given that the people who tried him and tortured him were supposed to be the closest to God
7. The inquisitions. There is hardly anything more antithetical to the love and compassion demonstrated by Jesus Christ than the inquisitions.
8. The sales of indulgences so as to provide the means for the construction of St. Peters Basilica.
9. What has the Church done to check molestation of minors? Do those found guilty of molestation get to face the weight of the law?

very observant questions that deserves answers.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by HerexG(m): 6:39am On Feb 10, 2013
GiantParrot: As someone who hails from a mostly Catholic family, I have been having my own problems with digesting the dogmatic (in my opinion) statements about Mary and the Church in general. I'm even getting disillusioned with all forms of religious formalism. After years of careful observation and introspection leading to freedom from denial, I am beginning to view religion the way it is currently practiced (and even what has being in practice in the past) with great suspicion. It's beginning to look more to me as a pardonable cause for brazen hypocrisy. I do however, still believe in God. Here are my problems with the Roman Catholic Church:

They did'nt kill Galileo only, they also threatened and molested other scientist that they all have to flee from Rome to America and other parts of the world.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2013
@ truthislight,

What is wrong in directing him to websites that speak the mind of the Church which is also my mind?

You always find something wrong in whatever any Catholic does, don't you?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 10:00am On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :

They did'nt kill Galileo only, they also threatened and molested other scientist that they all have to flee from Rome to America and other parts of the world.

@ truthislight, since you are so interested, can you tell me just ONE scientist that the Catholic Church forced to flee from Rome to America by molesting and threatening him?

Just ONE name.

I'm asking you because HerexG usually has no answers when questioned on his brainless accusations. I want to know if you're just a brainless anti-Catholic like him or YOU can at least work with reason.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:01am On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :

Where in the bible do you see that is it is required for us to ask mary and other apostles of Christ to pray or intercess for us ?
dis is a joke, did anyone "require" u to do so?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:04am On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :

* Hahahahahaha don't make me laugh my dear, about accessing my IQ, you might get lost in the deep forest
* Now about your question my dear, i wona make it clear to you that, all the rituals, adoration, honoring, magnification, bowing, praying to, you doing to mary is 100% unscriptural. You left what Christ asked us to do in Acts 1:8 and start doing otherwise.
Christ never asked us to do such practices. All glory and honor to God
my bible says give honor to whom honor is due. U havent responded to "from henceforth all generation will call me blessed" or dat isnt honor abi?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :

With or without her, my salvation is guaranteed. God can use anybody, anything at anytime, He can even raise stones to worship Him ok. The person behind you folks adore and worship it's not the true mary but the queen of heaven.
but he didnt ask stones to give birth to him did he? And correction no catholic adore mary.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :

* You need to be logical in unraveling the answer's i give, i give more reasons to ponder on what ever i write.
* I'm sure the real mary is at rest in eternity and in God's fullness now but the person you folks adore and worship now is not the true mary. If Christ had wanted us to do this you folks do, He Himself would have given us instructions to .
Now whose instruction are you obeying ?
Let me digress a little
It was recorded in the old testament that images were carved to appease God in the Holy tabernacle but there is no record in the new testament that Paul or the rest apostle carved an image of Christ or Mary to appease God. Instead Christ promised us a comforter in the person of the Holy spirit to help teach us what to do after He is gone.
it seems u havent been following recent findings, all d house church discovered had images.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2013
highyo:

WHERE IN THE BIBLE WAS MARY GIVEN THE TITLE QUEEN OF HEAVEN?
BECAUSE THE ONLY QUEEN OF HEAVEN RECORDED IN THE WORD OF GOD IS THE ASTHORET THE FALLEN ANGEL
SO BIBLE ITSELF HAS PROOVED THAT QUEEN OF HEAVEN IS A DEMON. SO WHO GAVE MARY A DEMONIC TITLE?
i pointed dis silly logic b4, d king of kings was nebuchanezer, does dat mean christian who use dat title for christ are worshipping d king of babylon?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 10:26am On Feb 10, 2013
italo: @ truthislight,

What is wrong in directing him to websites that speak the mind of the Church which is also my mind?

You always find something wrong in whatever any Catholic does, don't you?

This were direct questions to RCC, even if you should direct him to your websight, you should atleast attempt the questions he had asked.

Cant others learn from it?

Peace.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:34am On Feb 10, 2013
a simple explanation, Jesus is God, by d work of d holyspirit he entered d womb of mary and took flesh, gave gave birth to Jesus who was both God and man, thus mary is d moda of God. Note d above statement flow unless u deny d premise u cant deny d conclusion. Moda of God doesnt mean mary is d origin of d divinity just as my mum didnt produce my spirit but she gave birth to christ both God and man, thus she is d bearer of God

because he is, and peter was.
it is a title not a term, im not sure of it origin, but it arose probably after d death of constantine.
d same reason dat d bible says paul fathered timothy.
there are many married priest. D principle behind Celibacy is 1 cor 7:32-35
galileo wasnt tortured or murdered he died a normal death, u were misinformed. Galileo was sentence to house arrest.
i wont dispute this.
indulgence were never sold, probably abused but never sold. U were misinformed.
d church has done all she can to check d molestation of minors, from legislating dat all accused priest b immediately reported to d police, making sure d sentenced priest face d law, concentrating on detecting such behaviours during their formation and ecclesiatical punishment like censure, loss of faculties, defrocking etc. And settleing d abused even till many dioceses became bankrupt.
what relationship does God really have with nigeria?

1 Like

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :

u are a very big liar! Who killed galileo? Atleast make research b4 u come here and spew rubbish.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2013
italo:
@ truthislight, since you are so interested, can you tell me just ONE scientist that the Catholic Church forced to flee from Rome to America by molesting and threatening him?
Just ONE name.
I'm asking you because HerexG usually has no answers when questioned on his brainless accusations. I want to know if you're just a brainless anti-Catholic like him or YOU can at least work with reason.
hahaha, u wont get a single name, they work on myth and fairytales, they dont have any fact. The same way the lie abt galileo is d same way they accuse catholics.
Give a dog a bad name and hang it.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 11:49am On Feb 10, 2013
truthislight:
This were direct questions to RCC, even if you should direct him to your websight, you should atleast attempt the questions he had asked.

Cant others learn from it?

Peace.

Learn?! Anyone serious about learning won't find it hard to click on www.catholic.com or www.scripturecatholic.com

YOU and many the "others" can't learn anything good about the Catholic Church because you don't want to. You only want to 'learn' bad things about the Church.

If someone posts a link saying www.CATHOLICSareEVIL.com ...

You will be the first to click the link and say "thank you, it was enlightening"
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by HerexG(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
italo:

Just ONE name.

These few i can get for you because this are confidential secrets the Rome kept for long, and is your church teaching you not to respect personalities ?
*Marco Antonio de Dominis
*Giordano Bruno
*Campanella
* Galileo
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2013
HerexG :
and is your church teaching you not to respect personalities ?

You should know. Afterall, you act like you know Catholic teaching more than The Catholic Church.

HerexG :
*Giordano Bruno
*Campanella
* Galileo

Dunce! For starters, none of these men ever set foot in America.

Lesson: you just spew thrash without knowing the facts.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ubenedictus: a simple explanation, Jesus is God, by d work of d holyspirit he entered d womb of mary and took flesh, gave gave birth to Jesus who was both God and man, thus mary is d moda of God. Note d above statement flow unless u deny d premise u cant deny d conclusion. Moda of God doesnt mean mary is d origin of d divinity just as my mum didnt produce my spirit but she gave birth to christ both God and man, thus she is d bearer of God

because he is, and peter was.
it is a title not a term, im not sure of it origin, but it arose probably after d death of constantine.
d same reason dat d bible says paul fathered timothy.
there are many married priest. D principle behind Celibacy is 1 cor 7:32-35
galileo wasnt tortured or murdered he died a normal death, u were misinformed. Galileo was sentence to house arrest.
i wont dispute this.
indulgence were never sold, probably abused but never sold. U were misinformed.
d church has done all she can to check d molestation of minors, from legislating dat all accused priest b immediately reported to d police, making sure d sentenced priest face d law, concentrating on detecting such behaviours during their formation and ecclesiatical punishment like censure, loss of faculties, defrocking etc. And settleing d abused even till many dioceses became bankrupt.
what relationship does God really have with nigeria?

what do one realy make of this ^^^ reply?

Is it a honest reply or you just make up whatever that suite you and post?

Imagined this:

Ubenedictus:
there are many married priest.

is it that there are many married Roman catholic priest or "their are many married priest"

is your reply an attempt on deceit?

Guy, we are not children for your imformation.

Dont post lies here.

Ubenedictus:

For this ^^^, it deserves no reply.

"Liars will not inherite God's kingdom"
peace
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by GiantParrot(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ubenedictus:

This is actually true. Galileo was never tortured. I was truly misinformed and I apologize for coming out with such an untrue claim without proper verification. Nonetheless, he was robbed of his freedom for speaking the truth. This is obviously morally wrong.

And on indulgences, I haven't been misled. Pope Pius V ended the sale of indulgences in 1567. In other words, they were sold. And yes, I can see from my little investigation that their sales were a form of abuse.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by HerexG(m): 5:27am On Feb 11, 2013
italo:

You should know. Afterall, you act like you know Catholic teaching more than The Catholic Church.

Dunce! For starters, none of these men ever set foot in America.

Lesson: you just spew thrash without knowing the facts.

Hehehehe stop calling me names my friend, if your church can't teach you good morals.
These were the few amongst many that were torture and eventually killed by the Romans Catholic after hearing this most of the rest fled to form a secret society.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 8:09am On Feb 11, 2013
truthislight:

Imagined this:

is it that there are many married Roman catholic priest or "their are many married priest"

Dont post lies here.

peace

Why don't you shut ur traps about things you don't know? That's why you never learn. You are not just ignorant, you are stubbornly and arrogantly ignorant.

There are many married Catholic priests!
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11am On Feb 11, 2013
On the galileo case a appreciate ur sincerity, my friend truthislight is still throwing trantrums and calling me a liar.
GiantParrot:
This is actually true. Galileo was never tortured. I was truly misinformed and I apologize for coming out with such an untrue claim without proper verification. Nonetheless, he was robbed of his freedom for speaking the truth. This is obviously morally wrong.
that trial wasnt black and white, galileo had a theory he couldnt prove and the church refused to let go of a literal interpretation, under d premise he was judged am sure that none of his judges did anything that would prick their concience. It was d 16th century not d 21 cent.

And on indulgences, I haven't been misled. Pope Pius V ended the sale of indulgences in 1567. In other words, they were sold. And yes, I can see from my little investigation that their sales were a form of abuse.
now, i'll like to correct u, indulgence can be recieved by prayer or/and Good work, e.g studying scriptures for 15min is indulgenced! In d dat time contribution to d building of st peters was indulgence, in essence u recieve an indulgence for contributing whatever amount to d building. That wasnt a sale, it was quite legit morally, d abuse dat happened came from d german papal emmisaries who by their preaching made d whole stuff look material, and refused to teach d people d conditions of recieveing an indulgence. D contributions were later stopped because of d numerous abuse.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 8:13am On Feb 11, 2013
HerexG :

These few i can get for you because this are confidential secrets the Rome kept for long, and is your church teaching you not to respect personalities ?
*Giordano Bruno
*Campanella
* Galileo
which of dem went to america?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2013
truthislight:

Imagined this:

Dont post lies here.

peace
u shuld learn some manners and stop d name calling, all my answers were spot on!
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 8:39am On Feb 11, 2013
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2013
italo:

Why don't you shut ur traps about things you don't know? That's why you never learn. You are not just ignorant, you are stubbornly and arrogantly ignorant.

There are many married Catholic priests!

A good example of a catholic product.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2013
Another good exaple: Mother Teresa.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2013
@ Truthislight,

Go and read Matt 23 and see the degree of harsh words Jesus used on the Sribes and Pharisees.

...And your hypocrisy and dishonesty is more than theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance / How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Pastor Kumuyi's Message To Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.