Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? (1231 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Planing To Travel To Malaysia, Any Nairaland Over There Pls Adive Me. / Any Information About Flights From Lagos To Asaba & The Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? by jonpinjeff(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2006
I am thinking of enroling for post graduate study in Malaysia. I heard its cheaper. Im thinking of one of the satellite campuses like University of Nottingham , Malysia Campus. Does anyone have an idea on life in Malaysia.? I sit worth it?
Re: Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? by pearl2(m): 1:03am On May 06, 2006
Have a Malaysian friend here tellimg me about meeting many Nigerians studying in Malaysia,certainly there must be some attraction why Nija guys go there.Am not sure of the exact amount but surely living expenses must be less than England's.Why don't u google-search that out?
Re: Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? by kazey(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2006
Living expense is reasonable depending on the location.
Room rent for example ranges from 39usd-300USD a month.
If you cook, your expense would be about 80USD a month.
if you eat outside, good food that is, and non local you would spend x 2 in a month.
Clothings are expensive, so do your shopping before you come.
Electronics are cheap, so you can buy them here.
Entertainment is cheap too.
Climate is tropical.
You can't work and study at the same time, so don't think of struggling cos the payment stinks.
The country is preety developed, and you can save a lot using the train for transportation.
Re: Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? by OldGlory1(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2006
@Kazey

Why can't one work and Study? Is it because the law does not let you? How are immigrants treated? Which part of Malaysia would you say is not welcoming to immigrants or has strict laws. What kind of Government do they have? Does Nigeria have a Consolate in that country? Thanks!
Re: Malaysia- Any Information Of Life And Education Standards? by kazey(m): 3:47am On May 21, 2006
You dont have time, too, besides most of the part-time job pay below 4USD an hour, mainly telemarketing type of jobs.

The macdonals etc wont employ a foreigner. The law allows you to work with certain organisation, such as tourism, etc, so does it makes it compulsory for you to attend 70% of your class, which means you cant skip class, or you would get barred from writting exams, and after like 2 sems you wont get your visa renewed.

Maybe Sarawak (East Malaysia), I heared its more relaxed there, there are a lot of ibgo boys there.

Yes Nigeria has an embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

(1) (Reply)

Travel & Tourism On Niger Delta Standard Newspaper / Us Embassy And H4 Applications / Please Help !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.