Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Recent Informtion On Poland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Recent Informtion On Poland (1085 Views)

Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. / My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express / This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Informtion On Poland by LORETA: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Pleaase I need recent info on living in poland as an african. Are they friendly. Do they speak english on a average level. How about the women relating to black guys. Am leaving in two weeks time for a training in marine engr. The company is taking care of us and monthly stipends of 400 euro per month. Pls I need contributionS. Tanks guys
Re: Recent Informtion On Poland by JNdupu: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Poland has its fair share of racists on the edges of society so you need to be prepared. On the other hand, the young/educated are very forward looking and easy to strike friendships with. Polish people value friendships once they've taken you to heart so I recommend you first actively seek friendships among your fellow students or peers.

Avoid lunatic gaterings like football matches since the racists are emboldened in such groups but you should have no problems moving about unharassed in most cities. More than anything, you need to display an attitude of self-confidence, you are spending your own money and not free-loading so you demand to be respected.

Curb your enthusiasm a little when looking for female company. With enough time, you will "shine congo" because, as a black person, you're secretly desirable to white women but don't go overboard with overt randiness. Let it come to you, the country is still a little catholic-conservative and mixed relationships are rare. The racists do not like it at all so be careful where you indulge in this activity.

It goes without saying you need to be based in the cities. Of all the cities, Krakow is most cosmopolitan and has a huge student population from all nationalities. Warsaw is less so but still a good place to be based as a foreigner. Then the tri-city metropolis on the Baltic coast in the North - Sopot, Gdansk & Gdynia - which has a lot of scandinavian influence. Are you going to be based in Gdansk because you are studying Marine Engr.?
Re: Recent Informtion On Poland by LORETA: 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
we are based in gydnia. That were the martime school is n the school provide us with accomdation n resident card. I think I love catholic religion because am one. How is black population like there. Tanks man
Re: Recent Informtion On Poland by LORETA: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
we are going to be based in gydnia. That were the martime school is n the school provide us with accomdation n resident card. I think I love catholic religion because am one. How is black population like there. Tanks man
Re: Recent Informtion On Poland by JNdupu: 1:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Not many black people I'm afraid.

It's good you're a Catholic. Go to church regularly and I guess you'll soon make friends locally when they see you're serious.

1 Like

Re: Recent Informtion On Poland by moonsun11(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
Treat others like you want to be treated and you'll be fine.

(1) (Reply)

Your First Trip To Europe Advice / Accomodation In Boston And Atlanta / Margaret Ekpo International Airport Adjudged ‘best Airport In Nigeria’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.