Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! (658 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom / Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by filiks(m): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Europeans used to marry many wives too, check history.
Going about with little or no clothes should never be seen as our culture!
Even in the days of Adam, they knew nothing when they were naked but when their eyes of
understanding were enlightened, they
made something to cover themselves up. These are all different levels/stages of development.

www.feeifelly..com
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by tpia5: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
If europeans practiced polygamy, it must have been hundreds of thousands of years back ( if there were humans at that time), not within living memory.

Even the roman empire didnt practice it, not sure about the greeks but i doubt they did either.

Poster, can you back up your claim with references?
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by tpia5: 4:09am On Feb 01, 2013
whose post was hidden?

the moderator hiding his own posts, co-mod/s hiding his post, or the spambot/pyguru at work?
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by ifyalways(f): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2013
OP,whats the point with trying to tie polygamy with Europeans?Would polygamy be suddenly better,more appealing IF its heard/proved that Europeans at one time or the other practiced it?
Polygamy is an African thing,we don't need no European influence or lack of thereof to justify that.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by filiks(m): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2013
ifyalways: OP,whats the point with trying to tie polygamy with Europeans?Would polygamy be suddenly better,more appealing IF its heard/proved that Europeans at one time or the other practiced it?
Polygamy is an African thing,we don't need no European influence or lack of thereof to justify that.
I put up a post sometime ago; "Calabar Carnival no longer about Promoting Our Culture", a lot of people tried to tie polygamy to Africa. I remember watching on tv, less than a decade ago, about a white guy married to 16 wives so I decided to talk about it. "Between 150,000 and 400,000 people live in polygamous households in France, in which a man is married to more than one woman. The French state is trying to change the situation -- with mixed results." I think you should also check this out yourelf.
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by filiks(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
tpia@:
If europeans practiced polygamy, it must have been hundreds of thousands of years back ( if there were humans at that time), not within living memory.

Even the roman empire didnt practice it, not sure about the greeks but i doubt they did either.

Poster, can you back up your claim with references?
"Between 150,000 and 400,000 people live in polygamous households in France, in which a man is married to more than one woman. The French state is trying to change the situation -- with mixed results." http://www.dw.de/frances-polygamy-problem/a-1664241. Check it out yourself. Please always verify before you argue. Also check this;http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/480. just about 8 years ago Thank you.
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by tpia5: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
So africans moving to france and practicing polygamy, now means polygamy is european culture?

Change your dealer.
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by filiks(m): 2:09am On Feb 02, 2013
tpia@:
So africans moving to france and practicing polygamy, now means polygamy is european culture?

Change your dealer.
Is that all you saw there? I get it, all the times muslims were mentioned you simply substitute it with immigrants cos they centred more on d immigrants? I could send you some materials but i wont. U can atleast google 'polygamy in europe or european history'.
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by filiks(m): 2:09am On Feb 02, 2013
tpia@:

Change your dealer.
Is that all you saw there? I get it, all the times muslims were mentioned you simply substitute it with immigrants cos they centred more on d immigrants? I could send you some materials but i wont. U can atleast google 'polygamy in europe or european history', u just might read up somethings.
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by tpia5: 2:54am On Feb 02, 2013
if you're sure of your claims, post the stuff here for others to analyze for you.
Re: Polygamy, Going Unclad,...is Not Our Culture! by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 02, 2013
Nikka please. Viva polygamy

(1) (Reply)

Belly Of Dan / Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem- Kemi Olunloyo / A Keg Or Bottle On A Car To Mean 'for Sale', How Did It Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.