Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice (14442 Views)

CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 / Mikel Cleared To Play Against Cote D'ivoire / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by IleIfe2(m): 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
Even Keshi's reaction says it all. The odds are too high.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by outrage: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Change keshi
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by IleIfe2(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
outrage: Change keshi
No

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by castielo(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
Chelsea vs barca style grin

7 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by ayusco: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pray pray and pray plus they should field PARKscal BUSari

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by achinaboy(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
i think it`s better to bring Enyimba guys to come and represent Nigeria,they would do better

5 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by slimchi2k2(m): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
achina boy: i think it`s better to bring Enyimba guys to come and represent Nigeria,they would do better
i think so too
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by AndreUweh(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
Okechukwu Keshi and Daniel Amokachi were part of the Super eagles team that beat Ivory Coast in 94 nations cup. They are handling the team now and should re-enact that performance stategy.
Though, I doubt it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
Keshi should use a 4-5-1 formation against the Ivoriens; or better still a 3-5-2. Naija's midfield needs to be strenghtened in order to deny the plucky Ivoriens the time and space to supply their forwards with killer passes.

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
Line up 11 men on the goal line

And contact TB Joshua

19 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by lordkpakpando: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
No need to go and be disgraced, its better for dem to pack and head bck to 9ja

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by alaladakosta(f): 1:34am On Jan 30, 2013
nonsence,like i care.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by SmoothLIFE: 1:35am On Jan 30, 2013
Attack their weak defenders like Kolo Toure, Tiene etc etc. These guy are into their mid 30's and have no pace. Have guys like Musa and Moses runing at them. Their Keeper Copa Barry is not better than Enyeama and can easily be scored on. Make sure you stop Yaya Toure and Gervinho and, Nigeria can win. Drogba is closer to 50 than 18 and is not the same Drogba from 5 years ago.

15 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by devigblegble: 1:38am On Jan 30, 2013
Abeg CIV is too small joor, u guys should just wait and see the capability of the eagles, all these while we just playing with yeye team, now u gon see what eagles are capable of Up eagles for life

24 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 30, 2013
^^ bestest
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 30, 2013
[quote
author=devigblegble]Abeg CIV is too small joor, u guys should just wait
and see the capability of the eagles, all these while we just playing
with yeye team, now u gon see what eagles are capable of Up eagles for
life [/quote]
hold it right there...are you tryna say that CIV is worse than Ethiopia ?
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by musaibnabdul(m): 1:43am On Jan 30, 2013
Only player we have to stop is yaya toure, as for gervinho we all know how poor he is with his descision making, drogba is almost or half a century old,poor defence and a retired goalkeeper. Super eagles carry go
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by opeano(m): 1:44am On Jan 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
devigblegble: Abeg CIV is too small joor, u guys should just wait and see the capability of the eagles, all these while we just playing with yeye team, now u gon see what eagles are capable of Up eagles for life
smiley[quote author=devigblegble]Abeg CIV is too small joor, u guys should just wait and see the capability of the eagles, all these while we just playing with yeye team, now u gon see what eagles are capable of Up eagles for life [yessss dats d spirit, 4 real, from wat d super eagles av made us do-calculatin'' i wont b disapointed if CIV beat us, keshi has an already made xcuse, ''am building d team'' , neither will i b surprised if we c a typical 9ja fighting spirit dat may make us win even if its by penalty or a returned favour from dis African refree, u all knw wat i mean na..egyptian ref]
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 30, 2013
[size=16pt]I think they should play 4 5 1. With only Victor Moses upfront. The defenders should be warned sternly not to overlap because drogba and Toure are too dangerous to be given that chance [/size]

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 30, 2013
Let them hire a witch doctor. The Ivoriens are not push over either.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 30, 2013
LolZz, instead of this foolish nigerian team to get knocked out from d group stage nd save us further embarassment, they went ahead to win. Na their wahala sha, I go buy beer wit peppersoup dat day. I no lyk headache.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Coefficient(m): 2:01am On Jan 30, 2013
Na draw dem go play, then CIV go beat dem for penalty. Dem draw pass okro grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by torgbe(m): 2:01am On Jan 30, 2013
Bribe them if they refuse just send some MEND boys to kidnap their star players,use juju,seek TB Joshuas council,borrow some Ghanaian players,NO MIKEL in the game,play 9-1-1, and finally threaten them boko haram will be among their supporters to do their hobby with any goal CIV scores or any block by their keeper is tantamount to 15 Ivorian lives by the Nigeria village witches.thats all

8 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Davluck(m): 2:02am On Jan 30, 2013
Serious work nids 2 b done on d defence, dey sim 2 lose focus,
Tell ur midfielders nt 2 do simple tins-short passes, nt holdin on 2 d ball for long
Try n get d best outta ur wingers n spread d ball nt d hopeless long ball tactics used against Burkina faso nd Zambia
Play like its ur last....den victory is sure

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by ismhab(m): 2:05am On Jan 30, 2013
10 - 0 against Nigeria.
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by lacasa: 2:07am On Jan 30, 2013
Add messi to the team undecided
Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by born2boink(m): 2:08am On Jan 30, 2013
Our midfielder do not click with attackers, our right full back and left full back can't support the attacking either. I think our coach should change to 4-4-2 system, since Emenike is not getting any passes, he should let the midfielder be closer to each other and not playing through non functioning flank this time, we can create two defensive midfielder to support the defence, moses should return to left midfield and we should look for a suitable right midfielder, we should forget the offensive midfielder cos it doesn't function at all,two strikers maybe need while one will be moving back to offensive midfielder to get the ball and other posting as threat to their defenders should they default

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by miiraaj: 2:41am On Jan 30, 2013
1) Give CAF the remaining money left in our foreign reserve.

2)Two red cards for the Ivorians

3) Two offside goals . (Our boys can't even create that one)

4) Award 3 penalty kicks.

5) Illegally cancel any goal from Drogba, Kalou,and Gervinho

6) GEJ should call for National prayers and fasting.

7) Wish them luck.

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Anvaller: 2:41am On Jan 30, 2013
njokusboy: LolZz, instead of this foolish nigerian team to get knocked out from d group stage nd save us further embarassment, they went ahead to win. Na their wahala sha, I go buy beer wit peppersoup dat day. I no lyk headache.

.. and be careful make u no go do mistake sniff pepper soup thru ur nose when super eagles start to dey play their heart attack football..lol

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 30, 2013
Well..... How do we win against Ivory Coast......

1... We have to take our chances in front of goal..... Uche and Musa aren't clinical enough, so I won't be starting neither....

2... Individual errors have to be kept to the barest minimum. Ivory Coast have players that will punish us if our defenders make avoidable mistakes.. ( 90 mins concentration is key for every team). We keep our passes simple... No fancy passes, no unnecessary dribbles.

3.... So far, our defence isn't really as bad as people think, I think why we've looked average in previous matches is because our middle men aren't showing enough creativity (intrinsic passes) for our strikers to latch unto.

4... Yaya Toure is the engine room of Ivory Coast. He is fast, skilful, can score goals and has pace... Ogunde Fegor needs to get really close to him without committing fouls. You wont want Yaya to have space to pass or run into... I trust daddy Fegor to deal with him as Daddy Fegor is stronger... If we can curtail Yaya, we will minimise Ivory Coast's threat.

5.... Our full backs have to provide enough width. They are not covering ground as they ought to. Gervihno is gonna be a threat, and if we mark him really well, we have a good chance of not conceding. We don't want Gerv to be getting crosses to Drogba, knowing our good Drogba is in the air.

6.... And finally, we play at a very slow tempo...... We need to start playing at a very fast tempo, especially in the final third. Keshi should instruct our strikers to be making intelligent runs, whilst keeping onside. if we gonna play 4-3-3, our forward wingers should swap positions, look for defensive gaps and jump into it. Our strikers are too static, and only run when the ball is already halfway in motion... This ought to stop...

With these six tips, we stand a chance.

11 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by Cusubaba(m): 2:51am On Jan 30, 2013
torgbe: Bribe them if they refuse just send some MEND boys to kidnap their star players,use juju,seek TB Joshuas council,borrow some Ghanaian players,NO MIKEL in the game,play 9-1-1, and finally threaten them boko haram will be among their supporters to do their hobby with any goal CIV scores or any block by their keeper is tantamount to 15 Ivorian lives by the Nigeria village witches.thats all
Senseless Gaynaian sorry Ghanaian ape. Ghana ugly juju charcoal stars will never win Cape Verde. As usual Ghana should bring their juju from Ewe tribe called Trokosi Voodoo they will never beat Cape Verde. U pig ur name Torgbe means king in Ewe tribe language, don't u pig know that u Ewes are Togolese. Pig go back to Togo, u Ewes are slaves in the hands of Ashanti tribe in Ghana. I.D.I.O.T, which player from Ghana will Nigeria borrow? It's that ugly bleeching face called Asamoah Gyan that playing in women legue in Arab or ur ugly face goalkeeper Dauda that look like baboon. Black is beautiful but Gaynaians sorry Ghanaians charcoal made it ugly.

6 Likes

Re: How Do We Play Cote D'ivoire - Suggestions And Advice by babaowo: 2:56am On Jan 30, 2013
Coefficient: Na draw dem go play, then CIV go beat dem for penalty. Dem draw pass okro grin grin grin
......u think say beans to box with king lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso.."who Is Your Man Of The Match? / West Ham United Backs FC Ifeanyi Ubah For Federation Cup Triumph / “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.