Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed (20504 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District / Video Of Rev Mbaka Asking Nigerians To Vote For Buhari (part1) / Governor Kashim Shettima Affirmed As APC Governorship Candidate For Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2013
A Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos has affirmed the conviction and death sentence of Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, a.k.a Rev. King on charges of attempted murder and murder. He was arraigned on September 26, 2006 on a six-count charge of attempted murder and murder before Justice Joseph Oyewole of the Ikeja High Court.

It is happening now!

An appeal court in Lagos has affirmed the death penalty for Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, the notorious Lagos preacher popularly known as "Rev. King".

A panel of judges at the court today said the lower court acted in the interest of justice by sentencing the preacher to death.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-court-appeal-affirms-death-penalty-lagos-preacher-reverend-king

6 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 11:44am On Feb 01, 2013
Lest see what will happen
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2013
long overdue.

8 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Uwakuwak(f): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2013
finally,

1 Like

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Abujafood: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2013
I think he can still appeal up to supreme court level!
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Abujafood: I think he can still appeal up to supreme court level!

I don't think so o. I think this should be the last judgement.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Rhino5dm: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
Okay, brilliant!

so when are they going to start killing thieves like John Yusuf, Olabode George, Farook Lawan and co?

12 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Okay, brilliant!

so when are they going to start killing thieves like John Yusuf, Olabode George, Farook Lawan and co?
..... just 2years with option of 250 thousand naira fine no matter how much you loot.it pays to be an ex convict you know!if na lie make you ask Bode George. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
berem: ..... just 2years with option of 250 thousand naira fine no matter how much you loot.it pays to be an ex convict you know!if na lie make you ask Bode George. grin grin
lol, only in Nigeria.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Rhino5dm: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
Looking forward to stealing my one trillion naira, since our conviction is usually inversely proportion to the amount stole. The higher the amount, the lower the jail term. Smh!

berem: ..... just 2years with option of 250 thousand naira fine no matter how much you loot.it pays to be an ex convict you know!if na lie make you ask Bode George. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Looking forward to stealing my one trillion naira, since our conviction is usually inversely proportion to the amount stole. The higher the amount, the lower the jail term. Smh!

One Trillion naira is just 6 months imprisonment with an option of N80,000 fine

11 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

na so bros mi! if cheating in an examination hall can amount to 21 years imprisonment,then looting billions of naira is just 2years,why won't people be allowed to loot? this shows that there are laws meant for the rich and laws meant for the poor. i also heard that 2years in prison is calculated as one year(day and night).please how true is this?

4 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
berem: na so bros mi! if cheating in an examination hall can amount to 21 years imprisonment,then looting billions of naira is just 2years,why won't people be allowed to loot? this shows that there are laws meant for the rich and laws meant for the poor. i also heard that 2years in prison is calculated as one year(day and night).please how true is this?

Very true

2 Likes

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Igwe9(m): 12:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
why not life imprisonment?
thy shall not kill!
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Okay, brilliant!

Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by tomakint: 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mods Frontpage please!!! This is JUSTICE!, although a belated one I still LOVE this kiss ***tomakint clears throat*** I want this level of justice to be extended to those corrupt politicians or else.....
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by tomakint: 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
Geomac:

One Trillion naira is just 6 months imprisonment with an option of N80,000 fine
I hope you are not trying to attempt it undecided
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
berem: na so bros mi! if cheating in an examination hall can amount to 21 years imprisonment,then looting billions of naira is just 2years,why won't people be allowed to loot? this shows that there are laws meant for the rich and laws meant for the poor. i also heard that 2years in prison is calculated as one year(day and night).please how true is this?

So I heard myself too. I think a day in prison is counted as 2 days . Lawyers in house should pls help us here.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
tomakint:
I hope you are not trying to attempt it undecided

Never! I don't have such mind.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

So I heard myself too. I think a day in prison is counted as 2 days . Lawyers in house should pls help us here.
That will be very bad. one day should be a full day not to be counted as two days.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Geomac: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
The Court of Appeal sitting in Lagos on Friday confirmed the death sentence slammed on Chukwuemeka Ezeugo (alias Rev. King) for killing a member of his church over six years ago

http://www.punchng.com/news/appeal-court-upholds-rev-kings-death-sentence/
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by pekelepekele(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
No be Nigeria again? Na wash!!! . Dem don kill Mustapha ni?
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by alphaconde(m): 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
He should be executed before live cameras
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
Serves him right,bloody psycopath.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
alpha conde: He should be executed before live cameras
you know that's not possible!
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Reverend king please give your life 2 christ now n pray for God to accept ur soul.
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Bishop4bella(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Lets see if he can stil appeal wich i knw is possible. Nigerians
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by uzeba(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Them no bribe them well!! Na naija we dey oo!!
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by theripper2: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
Good riddance. Mumu Reverend
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by buchibabe: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
Story story,storyyyy
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Sweetapple007(f): 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Make them kill am quik quik
Re: The Conviction And Death Sentence Of Rev. King Affirmed by Ebestsmscom: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
HURRAY!!!!!!!!

Finally.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Loan Without Collateral From LAPO (best Micro Finance Bank In Nigeria) / A Presidential Villa Without The President - Olalekan Adetayo / International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.