Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ (764 Views)

Can One Really Do Without Thinking? / What Is Really Forgiveness And How Can One Really Really Forgive.. / Can One Really Be In Love With A Teen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
Was reading a thread by the moniker 'fubbyy'

They were all saying he should forgive and forget, I believe he should though.

But my question goes thus,

Can one really forget a harm done to us?

Especially,harms that have temporarily handicapped ones life at a certain time, or worse, permanently, either emotionally or physically?

Then I ask again,which is my most pertinent question. If one does forgive and not forget could it also be tantamount as being unforgiving, or do you have to forget totally in order to completely forgive one?

Your thoughts Pls grin
Re: Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ by coogar: 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
the stüpid neither forgive nor forget
the naïve forgive and forget
the wise forgive but do not forget
Re: Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ by BABE3: 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
How can one even forget? Who forgets harm done to them? The memory is still gonna be there regardless.
Re: Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ by greatgod2012(f): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
There is no way one can forget such thing, except d person suffers from "memory loss"(dont know d medical term).
Re: Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ by tpia5: 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Its not always important to forget a harm done although christians are enjoined to forgive.

What is more important is to remember vengeance is the lord's, and his only, since He's the ultimate judge.

Therefore, if you are a christian, leave matters in God's capable hands.
Re: Can One Really Forget? Have You? :-\ by DameGambrosia: 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Forgiving requires a conscious effort.
Unless you develop 'alzhemers' of dementia. . .YOU CAN NEVER FORGET ANYTHING. . . it may be stored in your RAM. . . and can be recalled at anytime.

Yes! You can forgive without forgetting. . . unless you have some form of memory-impairment! kiss
NO ONE FORGETS A HARM DONE. . . NEVER! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Miraculous! Woman Goes To Hospital For Hernia, Leaves With Newborn Girl / Are You A Domestic/family CEO? / Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.