Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers (764 Views)

Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo / World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96 / Another Baby Girl (After Two Daughters!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Ferdinandu(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2013
The Abia State Police Command in a bid to rid the state of child trafficking, especially the sale of babies by charity homes, yielded some fruit when the police rescued 19, pregnant, teenage girls from

an illegal charity home in Umuobia Estate Olokoro, Umuahia, the state capital on Thursday.

The owner of the home, Ms Mma Achumba – who also owns another charity home which has been on the radar of the state's security agents, in Umunkpeghi, Isialangwa local government area of the state – was placed on the police's wanted list for child-trafficking, after the state government ordered the demolition of the home.

Briefing journalists in Umuahia, the state commissioner of police, Mr Tilli Abubakar, who paraded the pregnant girls, said the girls whose ages range from 15 to23 years were brought to the home from neighbouring states.

Abubakar said the illegal home was raided after the men of the command had been informed of the home where the 19 pregnant teens and a nursing mother of a day-old baby were rescued.

He also explained that the police had been informed that Achumba always sneaked in at dusk and left at dawn, but the place was raided by 4a.m, she had left.

According to the police, Achumba's son, Uche, and his wife, who acted as resident caretakers, were arrested.

Uche, a father of four, admitted that he was aware of his mother's activities, but said he had, at various times, warned her not to engage in the "business".

Also paraded was one Chimere Sunday (alias Boyoyo ) of Umuojima Ogbu in Osisiomangwa who allegedly collaborated with one Mrs Uloaku Chinweuba and Ugochi Alozie, to sell his two children to an undisclosed buyer.

Abubakar said that after confessing, the suspect had led the police to the house of the man who bought the children, following which they were rescued.

He, however, assured that the whereabouts of the man who bought the children would be uncovered
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Ryda(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2013
Ehn ehn angry
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Prowizy2(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Look at that beautiful girl, what a pity embarassed
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by EveryLadY(f): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2013
Nawaaah oo! is it that that they lure these young girls into falling pregnant or they source for already pregnant ones? its just alarming.
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2013
Morally upright religious nigerians indeed.mshewwwwwww

sex merchants sef dey go church and mosques.

Fiaaaakkkkkwaaaaaaaaa

nigerian hypocrisy
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2013
Testimony time! Blessing time!
Yes o!
Praiiiise God!
God has done it for me and my family,
For the past 7 yrs we ve bn believing God for fruit of the womb and God has shown himself strong by blessing us with a wonderful BBB or G.
Praise God........and we all chorus alleluya!

Then pastor will continue from where she stopd;
Pple of God, this is indeed a miracle!
The God of this comission has done it again(at this time pple hv started coming out to drop their offering, as more pple r coming, pastor intensifies his preaching),
U c, whenever God does a wonderful thing like this,I normally key in to the miracle to tap d blessing(more pple especially women troops out) and pastor will secretly smile. wink

Who said church biz no good?

My pple get correct biz sense naw
Abi u wan make opportunity to make quick doo pass just like that?. kiss

Igbo kweenu!

God is watching!

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Testimony time! Blessing time!
Yes o!
Praiiiise God!
For the past 7 yrs we ve bn believing God for fruit of the womb and God has shown himself strong by blessing us with a wonderful BBB or G.

The God of this comission has done it again(at this time pple hv started coming out to drop their offering, as more pple r coming, pastor intensifies his preaching),
U c, whenever God does a wonderful thing like this,I normally key in to the miracle to tap d blessing(more pple especially women troops out) and pastor will secretly smile. wink

Igbo kweenu!

God is watching!
gringrin dont let some people catch you here gringrin
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
kulyie: gringrin dont let some people catch you here gringrin
Why naw?
Bc I said d truth? cheesy
Its very annoying dear.
Very very
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by EfemenaXY: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Testimony time! Blessing time!
Yes o!
Praiiiise God!

Igbo kweenu!

God is watching!

Madam, you'll most definitely have a promising career in Nollywood / African Magic script writing! cheesy cheesy
Re: Abia Police Uncovers Another Baby Factory, Rescue 19 Pregnant Teenagers by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Why naw?
Bc I said d truth? cheesy
Its very annoying dear.
Very very
yeah,i understand babes,but hmmnnn awon e.religious fanatics,dont let them mob you o cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion On Inter-religious And Inter-tribal Marriages / Mum’s Refusal To Have Her 5yr Old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart / Man Sues Wife Over Ugly Children, Judge Orders Wife To Pay $120,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.